“Great steak”

Capital Grille-Seattle
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille-Seattle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 4,250 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: University
Description: Whether you're seeking a relaxed setting for lunch, a gracious atmosphere for dinner, or a festive and elegant venue for your most special occasions, The Capital Grille will provide a dining experience you won't soon forget. Local, seasonal ingredients, the freshest seafood Seattle has to offer, and hand cut dry aged steaks masterfully prepared, all served in the sophisticated environment of the historic Cobb Building.Join us, won't you?
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We got 8 pm Saturday night reservations, and were seated promptly at 7:50. The waiter was well informed and helpful. Drinks and the shared appetizer were propmt and good, but the main course was delayed for some reason for a long time. The manager and waiter both apologized, but offered no reason why. When the food did arrive, it was very good. Like someone recommended prior, the Delmonico with the balsamic vinegar was very, very good.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I thought I had stepped back in time. Happily, I was up-to-speed with recent episodes of "Mad Men," so knew how to conduct myself in this palace of leather and wood. I'm sure in it's heyday, there were more than a few minks thrown over the backs of chairs. I closed my eyes for just a minute and was certain I could smell cigar smoke wafting through.

For sure, I could smell some of the best steaks ever. With ala carte pricing at $50+, one would certainly hope so. I was with a friend who'd been gifted a very generous certificate which we were determined to exceed, so lady-like preferences be damned, we were diving into steak! And all the fixin's. Baked potato? Bring it! With sour cream and chives. You bet!

I will tell you it was all very delicious, very expensive, and very reminiscent of days gone by.

1  Thank MLBplant
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I saw this reviewed in the Seattle magazine as "top 10 happy hours." The bar menu has several small bites for $6 each. I had the beef tenderloin sliders and my husband had the lobster and fish cakes. Both came with 2 sliders so we could each have a taste. The lobster/fish cake had chunks of lobster/fish and came with house-made tarter sauce which was very good. The bartender was friendly. She even recommended her favorite pinot with a little sample! We recommended this to my niece who lives in Ballard as place to take visitors! Would definitely return. (There also seemed to be locals at the bar. Cosy!)

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The steak was pretty good, I have had better steals plenty of times and the fact that my wife needed to send hers back left a bad taste in my mouth. Her steak was overdone an quite frankly so was mine. She sent it back and by the time she got a new steak I was finished. The staff were very good and apologetic and gave her a free cocktail. I would try a different steak house before coming to this one.

5  Thank k3see5
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Went here because it was highly rated, but it was slightly disappointing. Lamb was well seasoned, but was over cooked. Disappointing because my Lamb is better. Chopped Salad was interesting, but it had too much dressing. Service was fine. Hostess not too friendly and on the frosty side. It is an easy walk from downtown hotels.

Been to Capital Grille-Seattle? Share your experiences!