“Highly recommend this tour”
Review of Theo Chocolate

and up
Snoqualmie Falls and Seattle City Tour
Ranked #4 of 193 Shopping in Seattle
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I went based on trip advisor as I had a couple hours to fill. This is one of the best factory tours I have been on; we actually walked on the factory floor! I was late due to some google map confusion. They called asking where I was and they held the tour a couple minutes for me. If you take a bus, take the 26, 28, or 40 to avoid a long walk.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

First Treat> Education on how Chocolate is processed. Where it starts and where it ends up on the shelf. Second Treat> The tour guide. Not only well informed, but engaging & fun. Third Treat> The chocolate treats themselves. If you're not a chocoholic to begin with, you will be by the time you leave. I buy Theo's when I grocery shop at PCC. I always get the darkest chocolate. It's bitter sweet and good for you too. You won't be disappointed

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I honestly just wanted to take this tour because I thought there would be free samples. But I ended up learning all kinds of interesting things about the actual process of making chocolate and what makes chocolate fair trade. The samples were so abundant that by the time we ended the tour and they handed us a full chocolate bar on the way out, I didn't even want to think about eating it for a while. Our tour guide as funny and informative. Great tour!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were familiar with Theo chocolates and their outstanding fair trade practices and had been wanting to take the tour. It is very popular, so plan ahead and reserve your tickets well in advance. Read the website for details - it's a tour of a small working factory, so the tour may vary according to production activities. Our tour guide was enthusiastic and funny, putting a lot of his personality into the informative tour. There are generous samples, both on the tour and in the retail store. We bought a variety of interestingly flavored chocolate to give as gifts. This was a fun activity and is convenient to other restaurants and shops to explore in the cool Fremont neighborhood.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The chocolate tour is a must-do if you love chocolate. The tour guide was fun and energetic, and we sampled many different types of chocolates while learning about chocolate from bean to bar. The guide didn't suggest this, but when you sample the chocolate, be sure to let the chocolate sit in your mouth for 15 seconds to soften and let the flavors develop, and then eat it. At the end of the one hour tour, you get a full chocolate bar to take home, which is nice since the tour costs $10. Then, you exit through the store and can sample more chocolate before wanting to buy everything; it's all so good. Make a reservation in advance as we went on a tour on a Wed, thinking we'd be the only ones there, but we had a group of 20. Parking is on the street.

Been to Theo Chocolate? Share your experiences!