“restaurant review”
Review of Pam's Kitchen - CLOSED

Pam's Kitchen
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We ate here because we saw it on Drive ins, diners and dives and it was caribbean food that really was simliar to Indian food...we really enjoyed it, we enjoyed the owner and our waitress was great..one of the customers told us what to order...it was a treat! V.Taylor

1  Thank freereignministries

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everytime I go to Seattle I have to stop at pams! I'm Jamaican and live in Bellingham where there's no carribean restaurants :( so after trying a few in Seattle this one is it! Its Trinadadian but has curry goat jerk chicken and curry chicken rotis! I've tried all three but I'm a goat fan all the way! And I had the regular roti bread "the bussup one" :) it is sooo good it's like thin warm bread that's perfect for picking up food and soaking up the sauce. They are all spicy the chicken is less and good portions. Comes with a little side salad. My favorite drink is the citrus punch! Love it! Never had anything like it! Their peanut punch is really good! It's like a peanut butter shake :) staff is nice and the place makes me feel at home. It's a bit pricey but worth it to get some good home cooking!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

This place offers delicious food and tasty drinks. Its a nice change of pace to the usual fare offered in the area, although, there is a lot of variety in the U District, so no complaints there. I have moved far away and really miss the diversity of food in Seattle! Everything here is good, though not as cheap as some nearby places. Its also not terribly expensive.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Friday night dinner at Pam's Kitchen!

Three of us hit Pam's at about 6pm. Trinidadian food was new to all of us, but when we walked in it smelled great so that's always a good sign. I started with a ginger rum punch. OOOOOOOh baby, it was gooooooooood. I want the recipe! The kick of the ginger was just the perfect complement to the sweetness of the rum.

Next up: I ordered the curried chicken roti with paratha, a thin fluffy roti with a flaky croissant-like texture. The chicken was either light and dark meat mixed or all dark meat, and had a nice flavor and a good kick of spicy heat. The potatoes and chickpeas were okay, but not really well-seasoned so I focused instead on the chicken, sauce and paratha.

The paratha deserves its own paragraph. It (other than the ginger rum punch), was far and away the standout of the meal. I pretty much inhaled it, mostly on its own but occasionally dunked in the chicken sauce. Buttery, yeasty, warm and perfectly soft, melt-in-your-mouth good. I could have made a meal of it all by itself. Next time, I think I'll do just that.

Great service, too.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We love the food at Pam's and almost always stop here when in Seattle. Authentic roti is hard to find! But the service is consistently poor and they are always out of items. There are things on the menu we have never had because they are always sold out, no matter what time we go! If has become a family joke.....Yet we continue to visit for the roti. Skip the $5.00 drinks, ask for a sample if you are curious about the ginger beer, etc.