“one of the best markets!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 419 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the few authentic farmer's markets in the United States, this hub of delicious scents, delectable eats and delightful personalities attracts nine million visitors a year.
Manila, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one of the best markets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I love visiting Pike Place Market for the sights, sounds and of course, the food. For my last trip I bought salmon and have them shipped to my Uncle and they did receive the salmon as the vendors mentioned, the next day and still so fresh. I love the smell of the flowers and the various produce that you can see that they are absolutely fresh and good price as well.

Visited December 2012

70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Great place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We started our visit early in the morning and watched the shops set up. We were able to experience amazing food with short lines and first row views of the famous fish throwing. The only negative is the amount of "bums" hanging out and smoking pot.

Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“A Culinary Adventure!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had done my homework and knew we needed to hit this place before we left Seattle. There are all kinds of booths with different vendors, people playing guitars and singing here and there, the Gum Wall, which was just too funny. I mean, how many people put their gum on that wall. Mind boggling! Hint: don't eat before you go! I wish we hadn't and just stopped at different vendors and snacked as we walked around! It's a big mistake to go full when you could try a multitude of ethnic foods. We did buy a bunch of fresh fish, but for more on that, you'll have to see my review of City Fish Company! It's worth the stop, give yourself at least 2 hours, that's all we spent because we had to drive to Vancouver that day, and we got alot in, but not everything by far! We picked up some Ghost Pepper sauce that was $10 a bottle, but since we had to wait for the guy to come back, he gave us 2 bottles for $10, so know that you have bargaining power with the vendors!!

Visited February 2013
Silverdale, WA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun destination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I always bring visitors to Pike Place Market if their visit is long enough to do so. So much to see, color and activities and I think it puts a smile on any visit to Seattle. Love all the fresh produce and flowers and the Great Wind UP!

Visited October 2012
Hoover
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Place to Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I visited the Market for the first time in January. It was during the week so it wasn't quite as busy as it likely is on the weekends. It was fun to walk around and see the wide variety of fish, flowers, vegetables and craft type items. Vendors are extremely friendly and knowledgable. Don't forget to go downstairs and see some of the shops below.

Visited January 2013