“Not worth it.”

Ranked #4 of 443 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the few authentic farmer's markets in the United States, this hub of delicious scents, delectable eats and delightful personalities attracts nine million visitors a year.
Bountiful, Utah, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not worth it.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was expecting an upscale market. I should have read more about it before I went then maybe I wouldn't have been so disappointed. It was very dirty and run down. The shops were all the same and full of junk. The flowers were pretty but not priced at discount. It was smelly. The bathrooms were horrible. I will not ever be going back here.

Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Spanish Fork, Utah
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Favorite place in Seattle”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you don't go to Pike Place Market while you're in Seattle, then you really haven't been to Seattle.

I like to go in the morning, when vendors are setting up and breakfast is being served. By the time I'm done eating breakfast, the vendors have their wares out and I'm ready to shop and eat my way through the market.

Stop by the original Starbucks, but be prepared to wait as it's a popular place. Get a mug or gift card there, because they have styles that are available only at that store.

Catch a performance by a street performer. Watch out for flying fish.

Visited February 2013
Vancouver
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very cool”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've been to Granville island in vancouver and this is smaller and a little harder to navigate but the feel is similar. The location is great. Don't forget to pop across the street to the original Starbucks.

Visited March 2012
Boise, Idaho
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Never stop loving this place”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Good food, nice people and lots to see, do and taste. Weird wacky such a great place. I go there every time I can.

Visited December 2012
Greer, South Carolina
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Always a good show, full of interesting people and great smells and sounds!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I go to Pike Place Market nearly every time I visit Seattle. I love seeing what the vendors are selling and I usually buy something tasty to take home. Pike Fish Market and the Brewery are my favorites, but there are many other fine vendors in the market.

Visited January 2013