“even if you have to take it to go, the food is great”
Review of Boom Noodle

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Cross street: 45th street
seattle
“even if you have to take it to go, the food is great”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I like to stick to my favorite dish, although sometimes my kids let me try their more adventurous choices! I stick to a noodle dish with coconut milk based curry and it is always so full of flavor and fresh tasting to me I can't imagine going far from my standard order! We, as a family, have ordered appetizers, vegetarian fare, beef, noodles and not. Never disappointed with the choice, everything we have tried has lived up to the quality of my favorite item! Portions are plentiful and the atmosphere is great. Have come for my birthday, dark rainy,cold winter lunches and just take home.

Visited June 2012

seattle
“such a fun place, great fresh food”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We go to the one in Bellevue. Love this place, great with kids. Fun, totally fresh and creative menu. Warm and attentive service. The private booths are nice, and the family style seating is fun too. They can get super crowded...plan ahead.

• Visited July 2012
Wailea, Hawaii
“Asian with a twist.”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Good menu with lots of choices. Fun to order a few things share. Love the Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad. The kids Bento Box is a good value.

Encinitas, California
“Boom me baby!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Loved this noodle house! Super nice server, awesome ahi tacos! Sake was great. Had a super experience. Highly recommend!

Visited September 2012
Seattle
“Boom, good option in U Village w/kids”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We found Boom to be a pleasant surprise. U Village has become so child friendly that even a hip and chic restaurant like Boom was really conducive to young kids (we have a 4 & 2 year old). We got there pretty early on a Saturday afternoon, there were mostly families at the 5pm dinner hour.
Yes, the food is Americanized, but what do you expect at a restaurant in U Village? We got the Phad Thai, Yakisoba and the fresh Spring Roll. All 3 were pretty good. The Phad Thai was dry (not wet like at some restaurants that don't make it right) but it was somewhat spicey and I found it odd they didn't ask me how spicey I wanted my dish. It was also somewhat odd that the only protein available with the dish is chicken and tofu (albiet they were generous with the protein). The Yakisoba had your choice of proteins and it was not over greasy and also had a generous amount of protein. The appetizer Fresh Spring Roll was only 1 roll cut into 4's: it was $5.75! For one roll it was way too expensive.
The service was not good or bad, the waitress was friendly enough and I have no complaints. Yes, you could go up to the Ave or somewhere else around and save $1 a dish and it may be slightly more authentic, but for something right there and decent food, Boom is a good option. We'd come back.

• Visited September 2012