“"Best Thai I've had in Seattle"”
Review of Jhanjay

Jhanjay
Ranked #779 of 4,197 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lake Union
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We split the yellow curry and a wide rice noodle dish as well as the onion cake. All flavors were wonderful. The curry was marvelously spiced and the noodle dish was sweet and tangy with delicious basil accents. The cake was reminiscent of a specialty I've enjoyed in many Chinese restaurants in NYC. The service was timely and very friendly. I will come back anytime I'm in town and I'm certain my friend - who moved here six months ago - will return.

There are newer reviews for Jhanjay

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stopped in for lunch and had pad thai and green curry with vegetables. Both dishes were excellent, with large portions. Service was prompt and friendly. Prices seemed reasonable. Good spot if you're in the Wallingford/U. District area.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Was taken to this restaurant by vegan friends whose daughter has allergies to wheat, egg, etc. We got 3 entrees and a soup and shared all of them family style. What a delight! Flavors were fresh and bright, portions were generous and we even shared a yummy dessert (something they can't often enjoy because of the allergies). Dinner was their treat so I didn't get to see the final bill but I can estimate that the price was quite reasonable given the menu prices. I would strongly recommend Jahnjay to anyone vegetarian or not!

Staff was efficient and friendly and the atmosphere is bustling and convivial with several tables and a long bar facing the open kitchen.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I really love the fact that I can eat vegan thai food so close to home. Awesome food, service & atmosphere.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a family gathering here. The food was very fresh and flavorful. The portions were great, there was plenty for all of us. The flavors were wonderful. The spices are great, ginger, etc. and the blend of fresh vegetables. We would highly recommend the fried lotus root (Asian fries) on the menu. The staff was friendly and quick. The neighborhood is nice as well.

Been to Jhanjay? Share your experiences!