“Great Hotel,”

The Roosevelt Hotel
Ranked #44 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed August 28, 2006

We spent one night at the Roosevelt Hotel in early August. The Roosevelt is a historic hotel in downtown Seattle close to just about everything. We were in town for a baseball game and walked to Safeco Field from the Hotel. Room was large and very clean, nice bathroom. Sevice at the hotel was very good, staff very friendly and helpful. Next year when we travel to Seattle we will spend more time at this hotel. If you are looking for a nice hotel dowtown seattle with a good rate try the Roosevelt.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank nelsonw152
There are newer reviews for The Roosevelt Hotel

Reviewed August 22, 2006

We stayed at The Roosevelt after an Alaskan cruise and were very pleased with the hotel. It has got to be one of the best locations in Seattle. 1/2 block from convention center, 6 blocks to Pike Place Market, shopping and restaurants all around. The hotel staff was extremely nice and helpful. Rooms were clean and very large. I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: August 2006
1  Thank AndyPG07
Reviewed August 10, 2006

What a great stay we had at this hotel.

Our mid July stay was everything one could have hoped for. The room was good size and fairly priced with a nice few of the Pacific Place mall. The bed was big and comfy and had lots of pillows.

Situated downtown in the shopping area made it a great location. The girlfrien loved being so close to all her favorite stores; Banana Republic, J. Crew, Abercrombie & Fitch, Ann Taylor, etc. And since everything was within reasonable walking distance was a huge plus that allowed us to ditch the rental car once we got into the city. Pike Place market was a nice walk right down the hill allowing us to make daily visits. The only things not necessarily within walking distance for some would have been Pioneer Square, the International District and Seattle Center. We still walked to most of these as it was not all that far from the hotel and provided a better up close look at everything in between. Free buses in the downtown area was nice and we utilized them to get a little closer to Seattle Center on the way to.

The staff were all friendly and receptive throughout our stay. And the concierge was especially helpful as was the valet attendant on our arrival date. He actually went down in the garage, to the 4th level, to retrieve our rental while we were checking in and putting our luggage in the room. Our last day the concierge set up a towncar to get us to the airport, but it was 20 minutes late which of course is no fault of him or the hotel. The front desk allowed us to check in early, really like 4 hours early. And housekeeping made the room everyday with fresh linens and towels keeping the room clean and tidy throught the stay.

The one weird thing was the bathroom light switch was outside the bathroom and the windows in the room would not stay open; the would just slide back down and close. Frustrating but not a big deal.

Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a comfy, romantic or just plain relaxing get-away.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank j3mmr71
A TripAdvisor Member
california
Reviewed July 10, 2006

I came here for business, so internet access is important for me. However, it turned out to be a nightmare: their 802.11b network keep on dropping, (5 times within a hour) and I have to call the WiFi company ( they use the service from wayport) by myself.

During my two day's stay here I spent at least 3 hours over phone to talk with them, and the feed backs are: sir, there might be somebody using microwave .....sir, why not move your laptop around the room, sir, you are in seattle so I cannot do anything from here, sir, I have been talking with you for 45 minutes, ...(not my fault!), and I have to change my room to get a better signal. I am sure nothing is wrong with the WiFi on my laptop (I am a WiFi expert) and actually one of them admitted they have trouble with their network and give me one day free service, but the next day they denied that they have any problem with the network when the problem came back again. This service is not acceptable. I think this hotel is making a big mistake by choosing a bad partner. I tavelled a lot but had never experienced anything like this.

Service is OK. Front desk is nice. The restaurant is good, but need more choice for dinner.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 3, 2006

I found a great deal on this hotel through Venere - queen suite, 5 nights, less than $600. Perfect central location. Room was clean and roomy. Coffee was good!

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank interessant
A TripAdvisor Member
Albany, California
Reviewed June 29, 2006

A charming hotel and a good value compared to others in the neighborhood. I chose the Roosevelt primarily due to price and proximity to the convention center (1 block away). Having read previous reviews, I knew it was an older hotel and was prepared for some quirks. I was pleasantly surprised by the cozy, well-appointed lobby and my comfortable corner room. The size of the room was more than adequate for a single person. The bathroom only had a shower but that didn't bother me. The room was very quiet, perhaps because it was in the back of the hotel away from the street. The staff were courteous and helpful. Several friends who attended the same conference stayed at the Sheraton several blocks away and did not think it was nearly as nice as the Roosevelt. I'd definitely stay there again if I needed to be close to the Convention Center.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 6, 2006

Although I only stayed 2 nights, it felt like home! The staff were extremely courteous, friendly and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel to anyone lucky enough to be staying in the beautiful city of Seattle. The Roosevelt is immaculate in presentation and ideally situated in downtown Seattle.

"Von’s", the restaurant/bar adjoining the hotel was also excellent, particularly breakfast - the range of food was fantastic and the staff here too were extremely polite.

Overall, excellent value for money!

• Stayed: January 2006