“Great location but rooms on the small side”

The Roosevelt Hotel
Ranked #40 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Rolling Hills Estates
“Great location but rooms on the small side”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was a last minute reservation and I didn't have time to do much research, but I was pleased with my choice. I'm conducting a personal campaign against hotels which charge for wifi so my choice was a little restricted. The Roosevelt is very understated in a way, but its location is perfect, about 2 minutes from the end go the transit system, at Westlake. You'd have to be crazy ( or have a ton of luggage) not to use the transit system from the airport . $2.75 and it's faster than by car. The hotel is also close to the monorail. Staff were helpful , rooms were clean, and there's a gym and the aforementioned FREE wifi. But my room was small which was OK as I was traveling by myself, but I would have needed a bigger room and bed if my husband had been with me. Overall, good value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Pppeta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Well priced, very quiet, amazing location.

We opted for the suite with the king size bed and we really liked it - great space for chilling when needed. Not too expensive either.

We used the valet service which was great.

Only drawback is a lot of the deco originals are gone but the exterior is nice.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FraserCarrie
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We are so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here at The Roosevelt Hotel. We appreciate your comments very much and look forward having you come stay with us again soon!
Victoria BC Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We bought a two night Groupon which included the room and a $40 dining certificate. We chose two different restaurants and both were excellent. Hotel staff are friendly, efficient and seem to go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The continental breakfast was ok - too many do-nuts for my liking - not very healthy.
Hotel centrally located so you can walk to most of the places you want to see. We went down to see the Dale Chihuly Glass Museum and Garden with friends and the hotel was ideally situated for this adventure.

Room Tip: Didn't look like any were poor rooms - although someone said upper floors were very small rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank VictorianWanderer
Edmonton
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I stay in Seattle often, but usually in Queen Anne. However on this trip we had tickets for Jersey Boy's at the Fifth Avenue Theatre and thought why not stay right downtown. Are we glad we did, the Roosevelt was right in the centre of everything we wanted to do and so close to the Link Station for getting to and from the airport, Pioneer Square, International District and the Mariners Stadium. Plus a very short walk to Pike Place Market and the waterfront as well as a block from West Lake Centre and the monorail to the Space Needle, EMP, Space science Centre, Science Fiction Museum, Key Arena and the Chihuly Gardens and Glass exhibit. All of these things five minutes from your door.

Room Tip: We had our room on the ninth floor and it was very quiet with no street noise. I think higher is bet...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mahilo
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Roosevelt (March 16, 2013) and greatly enjoyed our stay. The staff were polite, helpful and courteous. The valet service was expensive, but in keeping with other hotels in Downtown Seattle, but seamless.

Our location was fabulous, we were walking distance to everything, shops, the mall, Pike Place Market and much more.

We had a juniour suite with a King sized bed which was lovely - it was roomy, comfortable and clean. I greatly enjoyed my stay and would happily return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank M L
vancouver
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at the Roosevelt on Coast Rewards points. Although our room was supposed to be a standard room it was very spacious with a king sized bed, sofa, coffee table and armchair. The continental breakfast was simple but a nice and unexpected feature. The staff were very helpful and accommodated all our needs including a late check out and umbrellas to stay dry on a typical North West weekend.

The location is perfect for walking down to Pike's Place Market, walking up to great restaurants in Capitol Hill, or just walking blocks away to the shopping district.

I always find Coast Hotels have been a good value with comfortable clean rooms and great service. I'd definitely stay at the Roosevelt again.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank enjoyingthisworld
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay here at The Roosevelt Hotel and hope to see you again very soon! Please visit us on Facebook and Twitter to learn about upcoming specials and daily updates!
Minnesota, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay at the Roosevelt for two nights in March 2013. This was my first visit to Seattle, and the Roosevelt served as a great base-camp for my travels.

The rooms are very nicely done. Well decorated, comfortable and quiet. The windows actually open, which is rare these days.

Typical of an older/historic hotel, the bathrooms are very small. Much smaller than a typical hotel bathroom, and therefor lacking much in the way of counter space. It was fine for me since I'm a dude and have like 3 things I need in the morning. But this could be a problem for women (and fancy gentlemen) who have a more complicated beauty routine in the morning. One other annoyance: The lightswitch for the bathroom was outside of the bathroom. Highly confusing at 2am when you have to pee.

Bathroom issues aside, I'd stay here again. The location was excellent, the staff was professional, and the entire experience was pleasant.

Final note: As of March 2013, the restaurant was closed (under construction). Bummer.

Room Tip: It's downtown, so I'd try to get a room on a higher floor to avoid any possible street noise...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business