2,492 results
All reviewsfree beercraft beerhappy hourrecord playermiller's guildgreat locationrooms are smallhonor barfun hotelhip hotelcool vibeevery eveningattached restaurantwithin walking distanceenjoyed my stayspace needlebusiness trip
Reviewed December 2, 2017

Nice hotel about 6 blocks from the Pikes Market. It is centrally located, easy to walk to from the light rail and clean. The rooms are decent. I do wish that they had a business center for light printing etc. but otherwise it is a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Micro rooms although small are very comfortable
Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
James P, Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for staying with us. The Max does offer an unique art experience for our guests to enjoy!

Reviewed November 28, 2017

This was our second visit to Hotel Max - both times with our dog and to participate in the Seattle Marathon. Great location for marathon participants with the monorail to the start/finish at Seattle Center and the registration/race expo only a few blocks away. Great free artisan beer happy hour in the lounge, fantastic restaurant (Miller's Guild) and super friendly staff make this a very fun outing for us. Bonus points for having an electric car charger in the parking garage!

Room Tip: Avoid 2nd/3rd flrs where pets stay if your pet isn't w/you. No smells, rooms are very clean, but our dog barked when people walked by.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Hi there,

We are thrilled to hear you and your pet enjoyed your stay at the Max. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

Very good hotel, nice and comfortable room in an excellent location downtown Seattle. The breakfast was excellent including helpful and customer friendly staff. The room is quite small so if you need a lot of space maybe you should use another hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business

Hi Hakan O,

Thank you for staying at the Max. Our guest rooms are on the cozy side, however, we have lots of room types to choose from. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

Everything was perfect with my stay at Hotel Max.. they txt me the day before to find out if there was anything that I needed, when I arrived the hotel staff were helpful and friendly with lots of information. The room was Clean and comfortable. They served delicious food in restaurant. Superb location.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo

Hi there,

Thank you for the great review. We are stoked you liked our pre-arrival text. I will be sure to share you feedback with the staff, they are awesome!

Reviewed November 19, 2017

My best friend, who had never been to Seattle before, and I had so much fun planning her first visit to Seattle. We ran across Hotel Max in searching for hotel possibilities and fell in love with everything about it immediately: the perfect downtown location, the updated boutique hotel (formerly the Vance hotel), the music theme and partnership with SubPop, the varying floor themes, 5th floor, etc. Now that all is said and done, we just wish we had planned more time to spend exploring around the hotel!

Aside from never having been to Seattle before, she had recently had a birthday so that added to our reasons to celebrate. I wanted everything to be over-the-top perfect for her, and had been in touch with the hotel staff ahead of time to make a couple special requests. The Front Office Manager, Phillip, and his team came through on every single detail! As far as I'm concerned, we were given the royal treatment and we couldn't have been happier with the turnout. I'm so grateful for the attention and stellar level of customer service we received.

Yes, the rooms are small. Yes, the elevator is even smaller. If you need a lot of room, don't stay here. If you don't, embrace it! It was plenty of space for us. Yes, due to the fantastic location downtown and public transit, there can be a lot of street noise. We ran our window unit all night long and that worked like a charm to muffle it. There is more than enough art and character ingratiated into this hotel to make up for the perceived shortcomings. Besides, the staff makes it. Everyone we interacted with from Phillip, to the person checking us in, the guys working the door, couldn't have been warmer or more helpful. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Choose rooms that don't end in "01" by the elevators; SubPop 5th floor, be sure to request a turntable & some vinyl for your room!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends

Hi Karen,

Wow! We are so happy to hear you had an awesome stay. I couldn't agree more with you, our staff is amazing. I will share your feedback with the team. Come back and visit us soon.