2,495 results
All reviewsfree beercraft beerhappy hourrecord playermiller's guildgreat locationrooms are smallhonor barfun hotelhip hotelcool vibeevery eveningattached restaurantwithin walking distanceenjoyed my stayspace needlebusiness trip
Reviewed November 7, 2017

I liked the fun alternative music vibe. Great location and comfortable bed. But the bathroom was small and poorly done. The window-mounted HVAC unit was something you would expect in an old college-apartment, not in a pricey hotel.
If your place in the world is still the Seattle grunge scene, then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
James P, Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for staying at the Max. I am glad to hear you did enjoy the music vibe at the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

PROS:
LOCATION...close to downtown, Pike Place Market, monorail to Space Needle, shops, restaurants, Paramount Theater
CLEAN ROOMS...as others have said, the bathroom is small but the room is fine overall
BEER IN LOBBY at 5:30 every night
FRIENDLY STAFF

CONS:
TV is very slow to change channels, no channel listing is available. It is very slow and difficult to figure out what is on each channel
VALET PARKING ONLY...if you want to get into your car you have to ask the valet to get it, you don’t have any access to your car.
HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING VERY NOISY....they provide earplugs beside the bed and if you need the fan on during the night, the system is really noisy!
SMALL BATHROOM AND NO EXTA MIRROR...it is impossible to have two people in the bathroom at the same time...and there is no other mirror anywhere to use for putting on makeup...can’t understand why they don’t have another mirror in the bedroom area...very frustrating!

It’s an okay hotel but nothing special...the cons might make you want to chose another location, as there are a lot of hotels around this location,

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
James P, Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Hi GreenLakeReener,

I am disappointed to hear your stay was less than satisfactory. I will share your feedback with the appropriate departments. We are always looking at ways to improve the overall experience at the Max!

Reviewed November 3, 2017

Our room was clean and just right for two people, and the front desk staff was helpful. Getting there and finding the valet was a bit confusing because it isn't in front of the hotel, it's around on the side on a one way street so you have to make a big loop, and then in the correct area it wasn't clearly marked and there was no valet person. I had to go inside and get someone while my husband waited in the car. Not a huge deal at all, but making the valet area more clearly marked may be helpful. They did bring us some utensils later on in the evening after we got take out that didn't come with any, which we thought was very nice. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The only big negative was the noise level in our room. We stayed in room 701 and it shares a wall with the elevator shafts. We noticed some intermittent "bumping" noises as we were getting ready to go out, but we assumed it was the upstairs neighbors and that it would die down once we got back.

When we returned to our room in the late evening/early morning (about 3am) and went to bed, we realized that the the noise was something in the elevator shaft banging against the walls. It did not stop all night. I have no idea who was using the elevators from 3am-7am, or if for some reason that bumping/banging happens even when the elevator is not in use, but it was incredibly disruptive. We even used foam earplugs and could still hear it. We woke up multiple times through the night, and all in all probably got about 3 hours of sleep before 10am.

I wish we had gotten more sleep and I could write a more positive review. If we were to ever stay there again I would certainly request to be placed in a room that was on the end of or across the hallway from the elevators.

Room Tip: Ask to not be placed in a room that shares a wall with elevator shaft.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Hi Acekb1,

Thank you for staying with us along with your feedback. I will follow up with my team to ensure these concerns are being addressed. I am hopeful, when your travels bring you back to Seattle, you will give us another try.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

I loved this hotel in many ways. It was very cool (record player in room, free beer hour in lobby, many nice touches in room) and it had really lovely staff. However, the walls were so thin I could hear the person next door sneeze and cough. I could also hear full conversations that another set of neighbours were having. The bathroom was small (shower only) and the shower was slightly smaller than I was used to at a hotel.
If they fix the wall issue I'd be back there in a heartbeat, but not until then.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Hi there,

Thank you for staying with us and detailed feedback. I will share your comments with the team. I am glad to hear the staff was lovely and you enjoyed the overall Max vibe!

Reviewed October 23, 2017

Got the wrong style room from my reservation, then the room I was given had food on the floor. Doormen were the best of the staff, the rest were basically invisible. I also had to call out a broken light in the closet (kept flickering all night long, interrupting my sleep. I don't expect to be going back.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
James P, Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Hi James,

My apologies for having these poor experiences while staying with us. I will follow up with my team. Your stay is not indicative of the levels of service we provide daily. I am hopeful if you give us another chance we will exceed your expectations.