“Quick overnight with our 12 year old daughter - not your typical family hotel”
Review of Hotel Max

Hotel Max
Ranked #33 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Danville, California
“Quick overnight with our 12 year old daughter - not your typical family hotel”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Very nice, boutique-style hotel, we were able to get the biggest of the rooms last minute (but for a price!!!)
Excellent staff, they really seemed to want to answer your questions & help with things! Also the adjacent restaurant, Miller's Guild is awesome.

1 Thank Frank Q
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Hello there Frank Q.,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room and found our team to be genuinely interested in helping you. They absolutely are and push themselves to find new local gems to share with our guests. Also, thank you for the kudos about Miller's Guild. Truly unique to Seattle and a foodie treat.
Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
kevin.scott@hotelmaxseattle.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
Halton Hills, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I only had a chance to spend one night at Hotel Max and I was very impressed by the super friendly staff! They were very helpful. The location was great, walking distance from the business district as well as many top tourist destinations and the light rail station. Very clean property, with a decent gym and a nice business centre.

I did find the room to be a little difficult to navigate as it is a unique floor plan with the shower separate from the bathroom, and a big step up into the bathroom itself which was awkward after lights out (I have the bruised toes to prove it). The hair dryer was another challenge, it was stored in the closet with the safe and only worked when plugged into the outlet near the floor by the bed. Definitely a new hair styling experience.

Sleep quality was affected by construction noise both inside and outside the hotel in the early morning. If earplugs are available it would have been nice to have them proactively offered at check-in. The blinds also don't quite cover the windows so the room is lit from sunrise onwards.

Having said all that there were many nice added touches like gourmet teas, multiple pillow choices and eco friendly toiletries that added to my stay. The room was small as mentioned in other reviews, I wouldn't recommend for a lengthy visit or for travellers with children. Overall great value for a nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hello there Cass_M_1975!
Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. We are so pleased to hear your thoughts about our team, our location and the overall cleanliness of the hotel. It goes without saying that our team is what make the Max special. On the other hand, I'm sorry to hear about your toe. As you now know, we have some funky room layouts. You bring up an excellent point about the hair dryer and I will be working with my Engineering team to resolve this. Additionally, I'm sorry to read that you didn't receive a set of ear plugs in your room. Our standard is to provide them complimentary on your bed side table. I will follow up with our Housekeeping team to ensure that this done.
Again, thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Hotel Max is perfectly situated in downtown Seattle, just two blocks from the main shopping street and less than 10 minutes walking to Pike Place. The lobby and elevators appear a bit jaded here and there, but the room is fine. The room is not large, but doesn’t feel cramped. There is enough space in the room to store two suitcases; we’ve had more hassle in larger rooms to store our suitcases. The bathroom actually consists of two separate rooms along the hallway: one with the toilet and sink and one with the shower. That ca be a bit unpractical when you want to walk to the sink after your shower.

Right across the hotel is a public car park, where you can buy a ticket for up to 24 hours (and after that you can of course get a new ticket). This parking lot is much cheaper than the valet parking at Hotel Max itself.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello there Yerun!
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your story with TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate the kind words as well as some great traveler tips for future guests. Please know that we are in the process of refreshing both our lobby and elevators which should be complete in the next couple of weeks.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon to experience th refreshed Max.
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Max after a 7 days Alaskan Cruise, my family of 3 shared a very small cabin on the cruise ship our room at Hotel Max was very spacious. The front desk was amazing, they helped us with taxi's and even printed the bus schedule. The room was very clean. We were on the 9th floor room 920, I can honestly say we did not hear any noise from the street. It was my husband's birthday while we were there, upon arrival to our room he had a nice card, a bottle of beer and a bottle opener. I would recommend to anyone looking to stay in seattle. Cannot think of 1 complaint. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hello there kim h.,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for the glowing review! Our team was thrilled to hear your feedback and so happy that we could help celebrate your husband's birthday day. I hope that he making good use of that guitar bottle opener. Also, thank you for the great traveler tips. I'm sure future guests will appreciate.
Again, thanks for staying with us and we cannot wait to welcome you back.
Cheers,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I’ve never taken the time to write a review for any hotel, but what happened during my stay at Hotel Max last week has got to told.

GREAT PLACE!! : I have business in Seattle several times a year and never miss the chance to stay at Hotel Max. Unlike other big cities, I ignore my big chain hotel loyalty points because the experience at Hotel Max is like none other. The staff, the location, and amenities are simply the best. I would call the rooms eclectic and quaint. Certainly not the typical wall-paper, cheesy painting, and boring bathroom. Very cool.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??: In mid July, I was speaking to Jennifer the Sales Manager about an upcoming reservation for me and big group of colleagues. During that conversation, I mentioned I'll be there on my birthday and asked for a dinner recommendation to celebrate with my colleagues. She gave me few cool places to go and that was that. A few weeks later, when I checked into my room it was decorated with streamers and balloons! On the desk there was also a quart size IPA with a handwritten note. That's amazing. There's no big chain hotel that would ever do that.

NIGHTLY HAPPY HOUR: A few months back, Hotel Max started a Happy Hour in their lobby from 5:30-6:30. Every night they roll out a cold keg of a locally brewed beer and serve it up in nice size beer glass for free. It’s a great gathering spot to meet other guests and have a few beers before heading out on the town. Last time I was there, I had fun chatting with a couple Australia and some students from Brazil.

LOCATION: The location is fantastic. When I don’t rent a car in Seattle, I ride the light rail from the airport to Westlake Station (a few blocks away) for only $2.75. In April, I took the same light rail to/from the Mariners’ game – very convenient. If you heading to Pikes Market, simply walk a few blocks and your there. If you want to take the state ferry to Bainbridge island for the day, simply walk a few more blocks and climb aboard. Don’t feel like walking at all, the new restaurant attached to the hotel has excellent food – particularly if you love good meat!

STAFF: My review isn’t complete until raving about the staff at Hotel Max. As mentioned above, Sales Manager Jennifer is the best. She is very nice and accommodating. A couple months ago, one of the guys in our group (an FAA emp) inquired about a government rate. Jennifer made that work too. After our stay, I was again surprised to get a personal email thanking us for stayting at Hotel Max. The front desk staff, the bellmen, and the housekeeping folks are as nice as can be too.

SUMMARY: When in Seattle, I always stay at Hotel Max. They always exceeds my expectations.

1 Thank RJ P
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hello there RJ P!
Wow!!! I'm speechless. This is a review a leader dreams about getting. I'm so proud of Jennifer and the team for listening intently and for coming up with some great amenities to enhance your birthday experience. Needless to say but we've got our work cut out for us to ensure that your Max experiences keep getting better.
Again, thank you so much for the glowing review and we cannot wait to welcome you back with a cold beer and a smile.
Cheers,
Portland
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I travel from pdx to Seattle quite often work and always stay at Hotel Max. Work trips can be stressful and coming back to friendly staff, a clean building and to-die-for bedding, make constant trips bearable! I love Hotel Max and it's conveniently located near tons of restaurants and bars. Plus taxi drivers always know where it is, bonus for not having to keep an address with you.

Can't say enough kind words about Hotel Max. A++

Room Tip: If your staying long term, book a king room. From my experience, the king rooms always have mini-fri...
Hello there Laicina C.,
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Max and for taking the time to share your stories and traveler tips with TripAdvisor. We just love hearing from our repeat guests especially our corporate travelers. As "road warriors' you know what's important to you and we are so pleased to hear that we are make your business trips a little less stressful. I cannot wait to share your comments with Jennifer, our Sales Manager. She's going to be so thrilled!
Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Nearing the end of our 4 week trip across Canada and the US, we decided to have a 3 night stay in Seattle. The positives for Hotel Max was the location, cool decor and their staff. However that was all that was positive, we stayed on the 9th floor and the noise was unbelievable from garbage trucks, police sirens, people yelling at each other in the street at all hours of the night - yes we were on the 9th floor! The windows were not double glazed and the blinds did nothing to block out the light. The room stunk of something funky, maybe something has crawled under the bed and died. To tell you the truth, I couldn't wait for the 3 days to be over. In comparison to the hotels we stayed at previously to Hotel Max we felt $300 per night was a bit of a rip off.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ree R
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Hello there Ree R.,
Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent cross country vacation. I'm truly sorry that we weren't able to provide you with a pleasant stay to end your trip. While we appreciate your comments about our location and service the team provided I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get a good nights rest. Being in a downtown location we are aware of the potential noise issues from the outside which is why we provide each of our guests with complimentary ear plugs. Did you receive them? Additionally, I would love to get more details about the smell you mention in the room. Please feel free to email me and I'll be able to investigate further.
Again, thank you for staying with us and hope to hear from you soon.