“Great stay ”

Hotel Max
Ranked #31 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
“Great stay ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Had a great night stay for a spur of the moment trip. Found the hotel to be very lovely and modern. Friendly staff and loved that I could text the front desk/concierge desk with request or small questions. Will gladly stay here next time I'm in town.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hey there Cesar,
Thank you so much for the awesome five star review and the kind words about our team. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our text messaging service as well. We find it very important to offer our guests a couple of different ways to interact with us.
Again, thanks for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
kevin.scott@hotelmaxseattle.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
Berthoud, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to find this unique gem of a hotel that is perfectly located as well as reasonably priced! Each room has it's own personality. It is not a cookie cutter hotel. We took a very early flight and arrived earlier than check-in time but the gentleman at the reception desk offered to let us have a room if we didn't mind that it was small. The bathroom was tiny but the rest of the room was great, with the two over-sized double beds that we had requested. It was clean and had a great view. They have a happy hour every afternoon in front of the fireplace, and extra loaner umbrellas in the lobby, which always smelled great! One evening I called down to report my TV remote had stopped working. A very friendly room engineer arrived within minutes to replace my remote with a new one and stayed long enough to make sure it worked!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa C
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Lisa,
Hey there and thanks for the awesome kudos and for taking the time to share your Max experience with TripAdvisor. Your kind words are getting the team and I red-faced for sure. Love your trip tips as well. We cannot wait to welcome you and husband back soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I have been staying at Hotel Max at least once or twice a year since they opened. We live about 20 miles north of Seattle and love to stay there when we want a big night out, but don't want to worry about driving home. We have stayed at many hotels in Seattle over the years, but once we found the Max, we have been staying pretty much just there. The service is wonderful and we love the décor and people watching. Wouldn't be my first choice to bring a bunch of kids, but for couples or party group - you can't beat it. The rooms are a bit smaller than some, but well appointed, with a great bed/pillows. And I love the shampoos/lotion they stock in the rooms. Front desk, valet, and housekeeping staff are very good. My only caution would be that the traffic/city noise can make it hard to sleep at times if you are on a lower floor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lori C
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hey there Lori C.,
Love hearing from our repeat guests on TripAdvisor. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Max story and dropping in some awesome hints for future guests. We are thrilled to have you apart of the Max family and look forward to many more rocking nights in the future.
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed for couple of nights in this nice boutique hotel, which is bang in the middle of downtown Seattle. Excellent location, beautiful views and nicely furnished rooms. Service quality is quite good and people are very helpful!

You can walk in to the choicest restaurants, boutiques, attractions and shops within 10-15 mins. We stayed here in Spring and it was a delight to walk about in the beautiful weather. And it did not rain much in those 2 days which was also a blessing in disguise in Seattle!

Room was cozy and comfy and was well maintained. Paintings and artwork are quirky and cool. A tad different from the usual decor found in hotel rooms. Would love to come again and stay soon.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from elevators for a good sleep
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hemarengaswamy
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello there hemarengaswamy!
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. No rain in March is a win in my book so congrats on picking a great week to stay. Furthermore, we are so happy to hear how much you loved the hotel, our location, our team and our funky art theme.
Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Max the night we were married. The room was a gift from my in laws. When we arrived the valet attendant was prompt and courteous. They helped with the bags and quickly whisked away our vehicle. The Hotel Itself Was great. Rooms are small but comfy. About 2 hours after checking in we decided to go out for dinner. I had forgotten my coat in the car and asked the valet where it was parked to retrieve it. I was told not to worry he would get it for me. I thought, what a nice gesture. He returned with the coat and all was well. The next day upon check out we were waiting out front for our vehicle 10 minutes turned into 20. I asked what the problem was I was told it would arrive shortly. The valet never pulled to the front loading area but on the side street in the middle of the road. We had to throw our bags into the car and drive off as there were 4 cars blocked behind us at a green light, all honking. We pulled to the nearest gas station a few blocks down and noticed a HUGE dent and scrap down the side of our vehicle. I was mortified. I had just purchased the car 2 months prior. I immediately called the hotel and the manager told me they are NOT responsible for the damage done by the valets because they are a 3rd party company. No where on the premises does it state such when you hand them your keys I assumed they were hotel employees. He gave me the phone number to the general manager of the parking company. I spoke with him he said "welp, you drove off its your problem." And hung up in my face. I called back explaining the paint matched the pillars in the parking area and the hotel manager said there was video. I asked for their insurance information. He spouted explicit language and told me "Good luck with that." I'm usually pretty sharp tongued but in this case I surprisingly held my composure. I filed a claim with my insurance had the damage ($1500) repaired and they denied any wrong doing. Citing California State law. Yet we are in Washington. Hotel Max management was not cooperative and extremely rude. Made for the worst wedding night ever. The gift ended up costing us a $500 deductible. Do NOT allow their shady valets to park your vehicle and don't expect any help or courtesy from the hotel should something go wrong.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Lakara T
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Lakara,
Hello there and thank you for taking the time to reach out on TripAdvisor as well. As I stated before, I am truly sorry to read your unfortunate comments below. This is no way to be treated especially on your wedding night.
Please know that as the newest GM of the Max we've made a number of changes and this type of response is not acceptable. There have been a lot of positive changes with our Valet partner as well. Please know that upon reading your feedback this morning I reached out to them to see if they have any insight to this incident. Unfortunately, given that this incident occurred almost two years ago there is little we can do in regards of re-opening the claim. Having said that I would love to have you stay and experience the new Max. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally and we can discuss a favorable rate and reservation details. I look forward to hearing from you.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Loved this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, sent us texts to offer suggestions about things to do. Loved the artwork all over the hotel. It was also a great location in easy walking distance to most major attractions. Our room was small but clean and suited our needs just fine. I would stay here again and again when in Seattle.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hey there Breese99! A huge thank you for staying with us at the Max and for the rocking 5 dot review. We couldn't be happier to hear and read your comments about our team, our cool text messaging program and the artwork throughout the hotel. We are very proud of who we are and the job we do. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Seattle and the Max soon.
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Fantastic stay! Great location! Staff was fantastic and friendly! The room was beautiful with a view of the Space Needle.

Oh and cold beer for while I checked in PERFECT!

The Front Desk staff was so friendly and full of knowledge of the surrounding area.

Location: Just a few blocks away from Seattle Center, the retail core of Seattle, the Paramont Theatre, and much more.

For a romantic lil weekend getaway in Seattle this hotel was above and beyond what we were expecting.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Seattle!

Thanks again for everything Max Staff!!! You guys rocked!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the corner if one is available! Some rooms have a great view of the Space Needle...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin S, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hey there Brent M.,
We'll ABSOLUTELY take 6 stars! That's awesome to hear that you two had such a great romantic getaway. Our team is going to be so happy to hear your kind words. They work so hard each and every day to ensure that our guests are taken care of. It's nice to know their efforts are noticed.
We cannot wait to welcome you back! We'll have a cold beer for you upon your return.