“great little hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Oregon
“great little hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

This hotel is advertised as a 4 star hotel. It is very clean and the help staff is very helpful and very friendly. They made you feel like you were at home. They have a wonderful wine/appetizer hour daily at 5 and they are very generous with the wine. My husband thought the bed was not firm enough but I found it comfy. We ate at the restaurant downstairs, food good, but my husband balked at the $4.50 charge for a cup of coffee for breakfast. (If you go into the lobby, it is free and you can make it in your room!!) I never dreamed of going down in my leopard bathrobe (which is provided) to get coffee in the lobby but I ran into people doing just that. We ate 3 breakfasts and one dinner in the restaurant. This hotel is old but revitalized and is just as nice as the $400 rooms that are located around it. It is located near Pike Market, library, etc., and lots of shopping. We were able to walk everywhere from here. We walked to Chuhuly exhibit (you have to see this), the museum, and walked all through Pike's Place or whatever that is called on the waterfront and checked out their wonderful library w/ the crisscross architecture(caddycorner to the hotel). Most unusual for a library; it's great!!!. We were on the 14th floor so it was quiet even tho there were children running up and down the halls; you couldn't hear them with the door closed. Also, walked to Safeco Stadium and saw a Mariners baseball game.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room. Our friends booked at the same time and they ended up on the 8th floor and...
Green Features: they do have the "credit your account if we don't change sheets". We didn't get any credit but did notice that they didn't change it the first night anyways.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
We are lucky to be near so many of Seattle's treasures (like the stunning Chihuly Garden and Glass)--and even luckier to host such fun families while they explore the town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

My Wife and I just celebrated our anniversary at Hotel Vintage and had an amazing stay.
Everything from check-in to our check-out was a great experience. They recently remodeled the hotel, and the place looks like a winery wine tasting environment, that includes evening appetizers and wine tasting.

Their location was a perfect walk to a few of our other destinations downtown.

Already trying to plan our next visit to Hotel Vintage.

Room Tip: We upgraded to 1106- and had amazing lighting with the multiple windows...and the sunny day helped t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hopefully we won't have to wait until next year's anniversary to see you again at the Hotel Vintage--we've got a taste of the Washington wine world all year round. Cheers!
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at the Vintage. It is located just off the 405 in the heart if downtown. They have recently remodeled and from the lounge to the rooms, everything was lovely. The bellman were all helpful and the wine hour us a must. They served a different Washington State wine each night, accompanied by some yummy snacks from the restaurant. Tulio's (attached to the hotel) was a bonus! Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank MNTraveler13
Amanda P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Wine hour is our favorite part of the day, too : )
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was in Seattle for a short business trip. The staff at the Hotel Vintage were amazing! I would like to thank Lara for making me feel so welcome and for taking the time to have some of my favorite tea and wine in my room for when I arrived. Steve, thank you for the directions for getting to my destinations quickly and easily! I will be making this hotel my favorite when I come back to Seattle for both business and pleasure.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor - very quiet, spacious, and comfortable. The view was nice as well - S...
Green Features: I like the "green". I like staying in hotels that use renewable resources.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We have to agree with you---Lara and Steve are fantastic. We all hope to have you back at the Vintage soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Quick overnight stay in Seattle - but this hotel rocks!! Amenities are good - but it is the service that makes the difference. My 16 year old commented on the service especially the valet Steve who anticipated what we would need to get around town on foot. I'm also a fan of any hotel that embraces green/renewable energy choices. So discounts on parking for hybrids, bicycles available to cruise town - suit the Pacific Northwest style. This is the third Kimpton hotel we have stayed in, and I have not been disappointed yet. So a shout out to Hotel Marlowe in Boston and Hotel Monaco in Portland for their services previously and a special t1hank you Hotel Vintage for making a mother-daughter night all the more wonderful!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Glad to see we've added another member to the Kimpton Family : )
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

The service at Kimpton hotels is truly first class, and Hotel Vintage was no exception. When we arrived early our room wasn't read so we were upgraded at no cost. The room was spacious and well appointed. Got to love those comfy beds! The location is great as well in relation to all the sites Seattle has to offer. Quick/easy walk to the waterfront and only a few blocks from the monorail to downtown and the light rail which takes you all over, including the airport. Dining is a bit pricey in the neighborhood, but there were a few good places (that were also kid-friendly) nearby including Wild Ginger and a local brewery.

Loved all the little touches that made my son fall in love with the hotel - kid sized robe, surprise goldfish in the room, and a kid's pack with a puzzle, snacks, and other fun stuff.

All the staff was incredibly kind and helpful as well. The hotel truly helped elevate our Seattle experience.

Green Features: Leave a note on the door saying you'll skip room service and receive a $5 credit!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We love having kiddos at the Vintage---and there are so many great family destinations in the neighborhood like the Aquarium, Pacific Science Center, and the Ferris Wheel. Come play with us in Seattle anytime!
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

After having stayed at the industrial-sized, cramped and overcrowded Hilton in San Francisco two weeks prior, the Vintage was a welcome change. On arrival we were greeted warmly and graciously upgraded to a room with king bed and sleeper sofa. The room was surprisingly spacious for an urban hotel, decorated with those homey, individualized boutique touches that make you feel like someone actually cares that you have a pleasant stay. It wasn't just a box with a bed, but a nice, quiet space to unwind. The bed was soft in a feather-bed way (for those who own feather bed mattress toppers you know what I'm talking about...), not in a floppy, sloppy sense. And the room was very quiet which is always a good thing. Spacious, friendly, accommodating and ideally located (we walked everywhere and took the nearby light rail to the airport), the Vintage was everything we could have asked for in a hotel.

Oh, and then there's the restaurant. We arrived late and tired, in no mood to go tramping around for a place to eat so we went downstairs to Tulio. Wow. First off, the bartender made me the best Manhattan I'd ever had with a woody, warm bourbon and premium vermouth, and I wish we'd had more time to explore the bar's offerings as someone there clearly knows what they're doing when it comes to quality spirits and well-crafted cocktails. Dinner was equally impressive. If you go, do yourself a favor and order the pork shank with ricotta mashed potatoes. You won't even need your knife. Extraordinary. All in all a fabulous stay and when we return to Seattle - which we'd love to do - this is where we'll book.

(If I had any bones to pick I would only say that the alarm clock is really bright, but throw a towel over it and problem solved. Also, the beds have footboards that disappear in the dark. Careful how you move. Maybe I should have left the towel off the alarm clock...)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We are so flattered by this review--THANK YOU!! We are proud to be your home-away-from-home while you're in Seattle.