“Very nice boutique hotel in central downtown Seattle!”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #13 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Idaho
“Very nice boutique hotel in central downtown Seattle!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice hotel with great service. Evening wine tasting with local wineries hosting. We were upgraded to a King room upon check in. Rooms are a bit small, but bed is great and amenities good. Excellent Italian restaurant downstairs and central location to all things downtown Seattle.

• Stayed March 2013
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello Idaho neighbors to the east!! We are so happy you enjoyed our wine theme during your stay at the Vintage Park. Our wine hour is one of our favorite things because we as employees get to mingle with our guests and get to know you and offer any help to make your stay great. Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful words, I will make sure I share these with our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Ann Arbor
Reviewed March 14, 2013

First, let me say that I am a huge fan of Kimpton Hotels. Each one is unique and tied to local themes. What they all have in common is (1) wine tasting and (2) pet support. Hotel Vintage Park is especially great on #1, with a great mix of Washington wines offered, many of which are not available outside Washington or even in stores in Washington (i.e., restaurants only). This hotel is also in a great location--a little freaked at first to see it was next to a YWCA--that permits easy walking or transit to a wide variety of Seattle attractions (Space Needle, 1.2 miles; Pike's Place Market, 0.6 miles; Pioneer Square, 0.5 miles; and so on). The staff also was very helpful and informative when we had inquiries. The one negative for this particular trip (and this is a general rule for most hotels) was that, looking for a quick trip, we used Expedia. When you do that, you do not earn Kimpton program points and you get a crappy room (small, poorly laid out, etc.). On the latter, at first I thought maybe rooms were just smaller as can be the case in older buildings in the heart of the city, but I caught a glimpse into the neighboring rooms when the maids were cleaning there, and they were HUGE (typical of Kimpton in general) and well appointed. Lesson: get the rate from Expedia and then contact the hotel directly and ask them to match; they often will.

Room Tip: Avoid the X01s; they are cramped, tucked into the elevator area. Also, book directly with the hotel...
rwallace,

Thank you for your review, we are happy you found our hotel to be in a great location. I like that you know exactly how far everything is from the hotel, impressive do you have a pedometer to track your excursions? Next time you visit you should do a test run on our hotel bikes and see how fast you can get down to the Space Needle and back. Regarding your room size we are a boutique hotel with every room having its own characteristics, we treat every reservation that comes through with the utmost care no matter which booking site you used. We must have had a full house the night you were there otherwise we love to give our loyal Kimpton fans the best room available. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. Have a wonderful spring!!!!
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is very well located for many of the Seattle attractions and shopping areas.
Our room was very nicely appointed, clean and quiet....not overly large but certainly comfortable.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SashaChloe,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review!!!! We are so happy you were able to stay with us while visiting from Canada. We located right in the heart of downtown Seattle, almost a 10-15 minute walk to all the popular destinations. Hopefully you came when we were having some sunny weather to enjoy the scenery. Looking forward to your next visit to Seattle!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were initially a bit disappointed as our room, while on the top floor, had no view and was really pretty small, however the service made up for that initial disappointment. The staff were friendly and helpful and as it was my birthday, we were unexpectedly given free drinks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
First off happy belated birthday!!! Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us while in town celebrating your joyous occasion. Glad you enjoyed your time while in Seattle and we look forward to celebrating your half birthday later this year together?
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my third time staying at the Vintage Park and it was as lovely as the last two visits. I don't think a visit to Seattle would be as charming if I had to stay elsewhere. This was the second time I had a Spring Street room with a view of the Seattle Public Library and the courthouse park across the street. Several steep blocks down Spring Street is the waterfront (and the ferry terminal) which makes for good morning walks down and back up again. The convention center can be reached easily through the pleasant Freeway Park at Seneca and 6th, behind the Vintage Park. The Seattle Art Museum, several theatres and Pike Place Market are all in easy walking distance. (To an avid walker like me, at any rate!)

As for service, the room was clean and in good repair except that the stopper in the bathtub wasn't working. However a repairman fixed it immediately and left a chocolate besides. It's the little touches like that that make a Vintage Park stay so welcoming and comfortable. Everyone greets you warmly as you go to and from your room. I was sorry I wasn't able to take part in the wine hour on this visit, but I had laryngitis and didn't feel up to socializing. When Brian on the night desk heard my voice on the phone, he personally brought up a kettle and a selection of tea. It's this kind of consideration that ensures I'll keep coming back to the Vintage Park.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank beatrixMG
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear beatrixMG,

We cannot thank you enough for your kind words of every aspect of our property, and a 5 star rating!!! I am so happy you had an amazing experience across the board during your visit to Seattle. Sounds like you know all the nocks and crannies of the city and our hotel. We do pride ourselves on providing top notch customer service and it sounds like Brian did not disappoint once he learned you were ill. All of us at the Vintage Park hope you had a speedy recovery and we hope you can come back and visit very soon when you are feeling 100%.
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Here is the e-mail I sent to their head office the day after we returned from this hotel

This e-mail is purely to let you know about the wonderful stay my family just had at the Vintage Park Hotel in Seattle.

I booked the trip, somewhat last minute via hotwire.com. We were five people total, myself and my husband, my 20 month old son and my parents, visiting us in Canada from the UK.

The first issue that your wonderful staff addressed were my concerns that our pack-and-play crib would not fit in the standard room. I e-mailed the hotel, but then had to go on a conference. I hadn't heard back by e-mail, so was getting a little stressed. I called the hotel, and a simply wonderful lady (her name was Elizabeth) sorted out the room for me and upgraded us (which I really wasn't expecting, I just needed some reassurance). We arrived, the hotel was perfect. Beautiful. Check-in was rapid, staff all beaming and happy to see us. Then, my parents discovered the room they were assigned to had a large and noisy fan outside This is where Brian, also from the front desk comes into play. He arranged an alternative room, without delay. Keys issued immediately, we got their stuff moved within 10 minute and off we went for dinner. Brian seemed to be around all the time, and any questions about directions, where to dine etc,. Brian was our man. Thank you Brian. You made my parents very happy. They can't wait to come back to Seattle and we will definitely want to stay at the Vintage Park Hotel again.

Time constraints are the only thing limiting this rave about your hotel but more importantly your staff, I could go on for pages. Everyone we came into contact with, from front desk, bell hop (are they still called that?), cleaning staff was gracious and friendly and helpful. This surely reflects on the management of the hotel, I know from experience that these attitudes filter down.

Room Tip: Certain rooms had a noisy fan outside (see my comments above about room change). This only affected...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrea T
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Andrea T,

Where do we even begin to thank you for your kind words? We received your email here at the property and shared it with our entire staff at the hotel. We are so happy you were able to have such an outstanding experience with not only one employee but the entire staff. Sounds like you were able to experience the unique experiences of our boutique hotel. Again I cannot thank you enough for the email and the review for other travelers to see when choosing a hotel in the Seattle area. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon when traveling back down south.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I booked through Priceline and got a great deal for the weekend at Hotel Vintage Park. The room and bathroom were both pretty cozy but were still comfortable for two adults, and I would imagine that other hotels right in the city probably have comparably sized rooms. The staff was very friendly, rooms clean, and location very convenient for walking around downtown and exploring the city. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Ratonk,

We are so glad you were able to stay with us from your trip all the way across the country. Thank you for taking the time to comment on our location which is right in the heart of downtown Seattle. Sounds like you were able to take advantage of how close we are to all the top tourist locations. I hope when traveling west again you are able to book at our hotel. Hope you had a safe trip home. Come back and see us anytime!!