“Another great Kimpton stay”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, BC
“Another great Kimpton stay”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I always enjoy Kimpton Hotels. Never had a problem at one. Here's the rundown:

THE GOOD:

-Location - very close to all major shopping in downtown Seattle, the Public Library, and walkable to places like Pike Place Market, Century Field, Safeco, etc. Or a 5 minute cab ride will get you to any of those places or to Capitol Hill, etc.

-Bed was very comfortable (not too hard, not too soft) and came with 3 densities of pillows to choose from;

-Free wine hour from 5pm-6pm daily;

-Friendly staff - always willing to give directions and held open the door, etc;

-The hotel was clean and well kept and felt modern despite it's age;

-You get a $5 restaurant / room service credit for waiving housekeeping;

-In-room safe;

-In-room minibar;

-Wi-Fi is free if you sign up for Kimpton InTouch membership.

THE BAD:

-$39 for valet parking - OUCH;

The rest is mostly little stuff, but it's what separates good from great:

-There were wine glasses on the minibar but no hi-ball glasses - how am I supposed to drink the whiskey/vodka/gin/etc?? Didn't like having to call down for it.

-One towel was stained;

-Kleenex was cheap / scratchy;

-No free water.

OTHER:

-There is a full length mirror running the wall beside the bed. We thought it was fun but some people might find it tacky (See attached photo).

-Didn't use the pool (is there one?) or the restaurant so I don't know how they are.

-Got the room for $78 (weekday) on Priceline by bidding for a 4 star hotel in downtown/Pike Place. I've Pricelined in Seattle 3 times and twice they gave me a Kimpton hotel at a rate much lower than the rack rate.

Room Tip: We had room 807 and it has no view - the back is a parking lot / gross buildings.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I love that you did the entire run down of the hotel. Sounds like you were able to experience a lot of what sets us apart from other hotels in the area. Hope to see you again soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Vintage Park recently. The property is beautiful and a classic Kimpton hotel. The restaurant was amazing- I highly recommend the mozzarella focaccia appetizer and the semi-fredo. The room was on the 7th floor and looked over some city skyline and worth the cheap price from Priceline. The only downside was the parking- $39 plus tax ($46 total!) which is insane. I recommend parking on the street right around the corner and moving your car after 8am.

Room Tip: 7th floor had better views than the first couple of floors!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We are so delighted that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay with us in Seattle. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our restaurant Tulio while you were here. We are very fortunate to have such an established restaurant within steps of the lobby. Hope we get to see you again when to visit. Have a great holiday season!!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I had a 2-day conference at the Seattle Central Library. I was given a couple of hotels nearby as options and chose the VP. I'm glad I did. The location was perfect, kitty corner to the library. Staff was friendly. I booked a single Queen bed but was pleasantly upgraded at no extra cost to a double bed room. The only downer was the 5-6pm wine tasting. I joined the crowd at 5:30pm and discovered the white wine was all gone. Lots of red but unfortunately for me I suffer from RWH so had to pass. The hostess was kind enough to offer to go pick up some more but that meant her leaving the hotel. Not worth creating the inconvenience.
Parking tip: I left my car at the library underground parking lot overnight. For 2 full days the entire cost was $40 because I qualified for the Early Bird rate. Quite a saving over the usual hotel parking rate.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel while visiting Seattle. If you were visiting the library I do not think that you could have gotten any closer than actually sleeping in the library. Hope you can return someday so we can get you that glass of white wine during wine hour. Hope you had safe travels home and enjoy your holidays.
Northwest
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Although the is suppose to be a 4star hotel, I found it to be very small. The agent upon check in was very friendly, and well educated on all knowledge of property and surrounding area. The king room was small. I felt like I was in a tiny box, with a long narrow bathroom. The restaurant was a HUGE disappointment, one of my guest ended up ill from the meal.

Room Tip: Ask for an immediate upgrade to a larger room.
1 Thank multigman
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
I am very sorry that your visit with us certainly did not meet your expectations. In our Seattle Boutique Hotel, our standard rooms are on the smaller side and face the city. We renovated a historic building, the Spring Street Apartments built in 1924, so the existing footprint is what we worked with. We do feel that intimate feel of our hotel is what draws people to have a different experience than at the "cookie cutter" chain hotels. I do hope we have a chance to welcome you back in the future to exceed your expectations.
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you are staying in Seattle and want a true Seattle experience in a boutique hotel, you need to stay at Vintage Park. One bonus is that they're pet-friendly ... truly. But more importantly - the staff is wonderful, the wine happy hour in the lobby is fun, and the location can't be beat. We stay there every time we are in Seattle, and it never ceases to impress us.

Room Tip: We have a dog, so being near the elevator can be a challenge since he is protective. So anytime peo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel. We are so happy that you choose to stay with us time and time again when you visit Seattle from Bellingham. Make sure you let us know if you bring your pet so we can add their name for everyone to see on the pet board in the lobby.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We often stay at Kimpton hotels because they are pet-friendly, but the Vintage Park is worth a visit with or without your pet. Just a short distance from Pike Place Market, restaurants and shops, VP is smaller and more intimate than its sister property, Hotel Monaco. Like the Monaco, VP provides morning coffee and newspapers in its wood-paneled lobby and 5 PM wine-tastings by the fire. The rooms are warm and inviting but the bathrooms are a little tight unless you're in a premium room. The hotel's Italian restaurant, Tulio, is outstanding -- try the sweet potato gnocchi! It's also worth paying a visit to the hotel's bar, especially if Pete the bartender is on duty. The service at VP is generally friendly and efficient, but our rating reflects the fact that no one told us upon check-in that the water would be turned off from 8AM until 5 PM on the two days we stayed there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I wanted to extend my sincere gratitude for your submission of a review on Trip Advisor and to say thank you for your comments about the Hotel Vintage Park. You stated that the entire staff had taken great care of you, especially Pete in Tulio. I would like to apologize for the water outage you experienced during your stay. Our front desk team prides itself on delivering excellent customer service and we would love a chance to make it up to you. Again, we are most grateful for your business and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown very near to all the action. But, the best part about this property is the attentive staff and excellent service. Everyone there will greet you with a smile, and go out of their way to ensure your experience is top-notch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you Ned M for your feedback about the Vintage Park. Your comments made my day! I will be sure to share them with the entire staff. I hope you have found a place to call home while you are in Seattle, we hope to see you soon!