“Awful, awful, awful!”

Seattle Pacific Hotel
Ranked #95 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
“Awful, awful, awful!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Seattle Pacific Hotel was the worst hotel expirence I've ever had. My sister and I had booked the hotel through Expedia because it was the least expensive in downtown Seattle. The location is convientant yet I would next time spend the extra $50 a night to stay at holiday inn across the street.

We stayed on the third floor and our room smelled weird, like perfume or cleaning products covering up a musty smell. When we first got to our room it was incredibly overheated and it took us awhile to figure out how the fan worked. Not wanting to hang around the hotel, we went shopping and for dinner.

When we returned the room was extremely stuffy again despite having the fan running full blast the entire time we were gone.

The beds are extremely uncomfortable and the blankets are horribly cheap and itchy. I had an awful sleep. Not to mention the sound of the toilet running all night.
I am also quite sensitive to allergies and woke up sneezing and with a running nose.
The shower is an interesting piece of work where it takes two people to figure out how to work it and waiting 5 minutes for it to heat up
The microwave did not work and neither did the phone despite dialing 9 to make a local call.
We also had a "do not disturb" sign on our door knob and the make still walked into our room!

The hotel promises free wifi and breakfast which are both a joke. Wifi did not work in our room forcing us to use it in the lobby each time. The free breakfast includes watered down orange juice, stale mini bagels and stale muffins, there is nothing pleasant so we didn't even bother eating it.
Hotels should make traveling convientant and less of a hassle not more of one.

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Warhola273

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I'm used to staying in seedy hotels. Traveling around with my college buddies to comic conventions and doing last minute road trips always lands me in the cheapest option available.

But how bad could it be?

I assumed there would be a bed, a shower, a free breakfast, and wifi. Dirty stuff doesn't gross me out and it was the cheapest place with a great location.

Totally not worth it.

I wasn't able to sleep from the scratchy bed. The breakfast was TERRIBLE. Seriously, how can you mess up a pre-packaged continental breakfast? This place is just too cheap. Most old hotels suffer from age - the building gets dated and the cost of repairs/keeping it new are not worth the money. This place suffers from being as cheap as possible. Seriously, the room keys have nothing printed on them. This place has 0 budget for guests amenities.

Everything others say is true. Filthy, rude staff, no customer service. How does a hotel get this way? I just can't comprehend how this place is still in business. I would normally rate the value all the way up, since it's cheap, but for the money you could just get a tent and sleeping bag and live more comfortably.

I will couch surf in the stab district before staying here again.

Room Tip: Walk the hell away.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Xe7en
Post Falls, Idaho, United States
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Let me start by saying that I like myself a good deal. I am not difficult to please whatsoever. This was the most disgusting hotel I've ever entered in my life. You walk in and the lobby looks like a hotel from a horror film. I half expected creepy background music to be playing. The front desk staff could barely understand me. We were given keys to our "non-smoking" room. It wasn't non-smoking and I was pregnant at the time. Not only had there been smoke in there, you could also smell pot profusely. My husband and I thought we could maybe make do by opening some windows. Nope. No screens on the windows. And it was ground-floor! I went in to use the bathroom (one of the joys of pregnancy) and saw 3 huge bugs while I was in there. The bathroom was incredibly run down and dingy. Totally gross. We ended up having to leave and were unable to get a refund. Definitely don't waste your time or your money with this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ibdancn
Brennan P, Manager at Seattle Pacific Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear ibdncn,

Let me begin by thanking you for remembering to review our property and apologizing that you did not find our accommodations suitable. Our mission has always been to provide comfortable and affordable hospitality services in the heart of Seattle, and I regret that you did not enjoy your stay.

You mentioned that there had been smoke in your ground floor, non-smoking room and that it smelled like marijuana. I can assure you that we take this health issue very seriously and that smoking marijuana on our property is strictly prohibited (despite Washington's recent marijuana legalization). While we do provide cigarette smoking rooms, they are all located on the second floor of our facility away from rooms on the ground floor.

Additionally, we take allegations about insects very seriously as well and maintain that we are an insect-free facility. Would you be willing to email us at seattlepacifichotel@gmail.com to provide us with your reservation information? This would allow us to investigate your claims further.

Lastly, we have since posted photos of our front desk and lobby area.

Thank you again for the review, and we hope that you enjoyed the rest of your visit to the Emerald City.

Best,
Brennan P
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I booked a room here through a booking site. Apparently the price they gave was wrong and the manager made sure I understood that he was doing me the biggest favour in the world by letting me pay the quoted price: 'I could have cancelled it, you know', is what he said. He then gave me a room with a broken lock and no key, so every time I had to go out, I had to explain this all over again to whoever was at reception, and who would then go up VERY reluctantly to unlock the door for me. The people next door to me were a bunch of intimidating men watching sports on tv and shouting all night, and wrecking their room (from what I could see from the open door when I walked by there the next morning). Some of the furniture in my room was broken. The breakfast is not worth mentioning (dry bagels, bad coffee). The lady at reception the next morning was much nicer and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Columbus2000
Burnaby
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had booked this hotel for one night stay and then due to personal reasons had to cancel it. When I called for reservation, Office Manager Dawn was very nice, friendly and helpful in providing details about the vicinity and hotel. I had told her that my plan would be concrete in a few days. When I called again to cancel the front desk staff James was very courteous until I told him I am cancelling the reservation. He actually banged the phone on me. I called again to ask for his name thinking it must have disconnected by mistake and he did the same again. It was an uncalled for reaction to a cancellation. Things happen and people change plans. My plans to visit Seattle still stands in near future but I will never ever book that hotel due to this bitter experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank YaShaK
Jo K, Front Desk Agent at Seattle Pacific Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. At Seattle Pacific Hotel, outstanding customer service is something we strive for every day, so we were troubled to hear that one of our front desk agents was less than pleasant with you on the phone. Your experience was relayed to management to respond to. Again, we're very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you, and we hope that you'll give us another chance to improve your experience in the future.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Really nice and affordable hotel right next to the Monorail station, the Experience Music Project, and the Seattle Space Needle. Downtown Seattle and the waterfront were within walking distance as well. Room was cleaned everyday, and fresh towels supplied daily. Perfect location - free wi-fi - cozy bed. Great views of downtown Seattle from the hotel room window.

Room Tip: Third floor is the best for views of Downtown Seattle.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank RuslanKazaev
Thanks for staying with us, and thank you for writing this kind review! We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here, and we hope you had a pleasant visit to Seattle. Come see us again next time you're in the area!
Alamogordo, New Mexico
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I were in Seattle for four days and chose this hotel as we did not want to drive around while there. Our initial look at the room confirmed what we had read in the reviews, it could definitely do with a facelift and faster internet, but in all honesty for us was merely a place to sleep at a reasonably low price. It was clean and quiet though basic. Both receptionists Dawn and Maria were very helpful and kind. Over the next few days one or the other of them helped us out with bus timetables and advice on how and where to go and did so with smiles and then went the extra mile to print out the paperwork and give us more hints and tips on places to drop by. Thanks largely to them we had a wonderful time in Seattle.

Room Tip: Second floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BearLynch
Dear BearLynch,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this kind review! We're thrilled to hear that Dawn and Maria provided excellent service, and that you enjoyed both our affordability and our location! We hope that the rest of your travels went as well as your trip to Seattle.

Best,