“Lots of family friendly amenities; would stay here again”

University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #28 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Los Angeles, California
“Lots of family friendly amenities; would stay here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed here 4 nights with our family. Everything was very good and lots of great family friendly amenities...afternoon snacks, free breakfast, helpful staff, free use of washer & dryer, comfy rooms, pool, free parking, and complimentary shuttle. Ivar's restaurant a short drive away was just incredible. Would come back again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

I just came back from a stay at the University Inn in Seattle. I booked this hotel because it offered many amenities that I found helpful in the city. The hotel provides a shuttle that has a few stops in touristy areas. You just have to sign up ahead of time. They provide free parking, breakfast, snacks, free internet, and a computer/printer in the lobby. I found all of these things very helpful during my trip and I took advantage of all of them. The hotel is quite small and during my stay, I realized that they are usually booked during weekends. I would advise everyone to book early to save money and to guarantee a room. The hotel room is average, they provide hypoallergenic pillows and down pillows for you which I thought was nice. There is a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker which is nice if you like to have food in your room. Overall, my stay was pleasant. The staff was accommodating and the room was okay.

I have a few complaints. The free internet was very weak. Don't rely on the internet if you come here because I was kicked off the internet about 10 times at least during the night. Aside from that, the only problem with my room was that the sink was clogged so the water did not go down for long periods of time. I ended up using the sink inside the restroom since they provide two sinks. The other weird discovery was a mystery ice cream that a guest left behind in the freezer. That was an unpleasant surprise...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

We've stayed at the Watertown, part of their group, but wanted something a little cheaper. After booking our 2 rooms online, I realized that I screwed-up the reservation, and could have gotten a lower rate for the same room. A call to the hotel desk fixed the problem without a fuss.

We found the University Inn was a little cheaper than the Watertown, but still a very nice hotel, with nice furnishings in the lobby and the rooms. One of our rooms had a nice view of downtown, one had a view of Mt Rainer. Our rooms were spacious and well maintained. The AC in one room was a little noisier than we would have preferred.

We had requested an early check-in, but there were no rooms available. The staff helped store our 7 large bags so we could return later. The free breakfast was slightly above average. The fresh waffles were a big hit. Our room had a good WiFi signal.

It was an easy 4 block walk to the university area and it's assortment of pubs and shops. However, walking to that area ensured encounters with vagrants. This is our 3rd visit to Seattle, and the vagrant problem was bad everywhere we went.

The staff was friendly and helpful, and the shuttle service was a lifesaver.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
costa mesa, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

I needed to be close to UW and found this place to be very clean, gracious front desk, and most importantly to me, quiet. The parking is convenient and you are within walking distance to Trader Joes. The clientele seemed older, as evidenced by people hanging around the pool and lobby. I would go back here if I had to. They only little thing I would change is adding a sheer drape as you only have the blackout shades.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

The staff was very helpful and nice. When I checked in I was given a room upgrade to what they called a "suite" (see pictures that I've posted). Paid $140/night including tax and free parking.

Clean room, spacious, comfortable bed. My room had a view of the parking lot, but since you're in a city I'm guessing that none of the rooms had much of a view besides the buildings across the street.

The room had a microwave & a refrigerator (and a safe, I think). The TV was not a flat screen, but had a decent selection of channels, ESPN, showtime, etc.

I saw no sign of communal bathrooms mentioned in other reviews. My room had a private bath (#322) and I saw no communal bathrooms in the entire 3rd floor hall (at least on my side of the building).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

I was impressed by the customer service. The front desk and other staff were very helpful. There is a good snack provided in the afternoon and there is a great breakfast in the morning. It was very clean. The bed and room were very comfortable. There was a lot of attention to details. The only thing was a weak shower head, and they thanked us for letting us know so they can fix it.

When we were choosing the hotel, we knew we did not need something super fancy, just clean and comfy, so we could spend more on the vacation. But as soon as we arrived we knew we would stay there again. There is also a shuttle service that takes you to local attractions.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FG_Travels
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Booked on the basis of reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not dissappointed. Have to agree on the fresh waffles, excellent. We did not have a car and the fact that we were out of the city centre having a shuttle service solved our transportation problems quite adequately. Lots of well priced eateries only a few blocks away. Cost of taxi from the Airport $50.00. Our first time in Seattle so cannot make comparrisons with other hotels.
However we were delighted with our stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple