Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,258 results
All reviews portage bay cafe pineapple u district free shuttle the burke gilman trail continental breakfast sister property hard boiled eggs medical center cupcakes european style the shuttle driver front desk staff comfortable beds yogurt per night nice stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Front desk attendant Shawn was very helpful and friendly. It was obvious he enjoys and takes pride in his work. The rooms are nicely appointed, the bed incredibly comfortable. The bottled water and coffee were appreciated.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tommy H, Guest Services Manager at University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Dylan-Giordan! Thank you very much for staying with us, and for the five stars! I'm very glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay away from the elements :) Of course, it's especially nice to see the kind words about our staff, which is how we really hope to stand out from the pack! I will be sure to recognize Shawn for a job well done!

Thanks again. Hope to see you again soon!

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here in early January and had a pleasant visit. The hotel was very clean and quiet. We stayed two nights and never heard anyone from other rooms. The check in experience was okay and the staff was nice enough. However, the Employee of the Month should defiantly be the shuttle driver! He was so friendly and helpful. We noticed him dropping off other guests at the hospital entrance while we were waiting for a taxi. I showed him my key card and asked if we could get a ride back to the hotel. It was no problem and he helped my husband load his walker. I wish the shuttle was running a bit earlier then 8 a.m. but it wasn't a huge deal, we just never got to use it to get to our morning appointments. We did have some issues with the shower in our room. When trying to get the water to come out of the shower head instead of the bathtub faucet, it got stuck and I only got half the pressure. The Kruig machine was also a bit finicky and we found it faster and easier to run to the lobby for coffee. Another issue was the bathroom design itself. The door is very large and the the toilet is right in front of the door. You have to position yourself on the side of the toilet and bathtub to close the door. Not a big deal but kind of annoying when you suddenly have to go. The cookies they offered in the afternoon were very tasty. I didn't care for the breakfast though. I recommend skipping breakfast here and going next door to the Portage Cafe. They have a great eggs Benedict. Overall, we would probably come back and stay because it was so close to the hospital and the shopping center and it was clean and safe.

Date of stay: January 2020

Hello Frysky5586! Thank you very much for staying with us and for the expansive review! I'm very glad you enjoyed a clean and overall comfortable stay. We will be sure to recognize our shuttle driver for a job well done.

I'm sorry you experienced a few engineering issues. We will get to work to remedy these! We also are considering some upgrades to our breakfast service as well, so thank you for your feedback there!

Thanks again. Wishing you all the best for your medical visits, and we hope to see you again soon!

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Our stay was excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Location to the hospital was perfect. We enjoyed our conversations with the shuttle driver. He went out of his way to make sure we were well cared for. We will definitely return.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tommy H, Front Office Manager at University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

Hello S3371JKbarbarar! Thank you very much for the five star rating and great review! I'm very glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay and that you enjoyed a warm welcome from our staff. That's what we strive for and it's very gratifying to see it come together. We wish you all the best!

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Stayed here while visitng UW, Great location; very, very clean property, and incredibly hospitable staff. Special thanks to Shawn, Justin, and Julio for going out of the way for me and my family! Shuttle service to the train from the airport and to points nearby. Easy walk to University Way restaurants and shops, Quick Lyft to Seattle attractions. Best bedding since Loews in San Fran, (at 4x the price!!) Highly recommend!

Room tip: Quiet property; even next to the elevator.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Cristin C! Thank you very much for staying with us and for the wonderful review! I'm very glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay in a convenient location -- and had such a good experience with staff. Thank you so much for letting us know; and I'll be sure to recognize Shawn, Justin, and Julio for a job well done!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2019

This is one of the nicest hotel. The staff is very helpful and housekeeping staff always keeps things neat and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel for any person who wants to enjoy their stat in Seattle and keep things in budget.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tommy H, Front Office Manager at University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2019

Hello dkumar02! Thank you very much for staying with us and for the nice review! I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and found us to be a great value too. Of course, it's always especially nice to see the kind words about our staff, which is how we really hope to stand out from the pack!

Thank you again. We hope to see you again soon!