“Pretty basic motel.”

Ranked #75 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Anchorage
“Pretty basic motel.”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I wasn't expecting much. The motel was nearly a place to rest my head. Rooms on the small side, if you want to watch tv from the chair in the room, you couldn't due to the layout. Bed was firm but not hard, pillows were nice, hot water took a long time to get hot. I missed the breakfast, but the fresh coffee in the lobby was nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Kelowna
Reviewed December 4, 2013

By now I guess I realize that I dont need fancy, just clean. If I am paying more, I expect more. Those that read my reviews will find I like an older clean hotel, as opposed to a new (expensive) hotel. This hotel is a great example of how an average hotel can compete for those on a budget. We stayed here for 2 nights on the Black Friday weekend. The Hotel was clean, quiet and staff were very friendly and helpful with our requests. The dollar value was also excellent. We were a 5 minute walk from the space needle and monorail to downtown. I drive a full size longbox F150 Crew cab and parking was not a problem. Again it is not fancy but it was clean. For those that need one our room had no bathtub and only a shower, fine for us. We were quite happy with our stay and would return in the future. The free breakfast had an assortment fit for almost everyone. (Gluten free should bring some granola to mix with yogurt or own muffins). I would love to give another star but updating is needed. Of course the trade off is the rates would increase. Internet is hit and miss as with many hotels, but the bed was very comfortable. I found this hotel to have a good balance of value.

1 Thank Travel_Hound_Kelowna
Santa Cruz
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Great friendly staff, very old furnishings and decor. We stayed four nights, three out of the four nights there was barely hot water for showers.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

christudor, Manager at Travelodge Seattle by the Space Needle, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting. We are investigating your comments about the hot water issues with your room. I sincerely apologize for the experience and we will correct the issue. In regards to the furnishing we are in the process of receiving quotes for replacement. We appreciate your input and I hope to see you on your next trip to Seattle.
Ronan, Montana
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My son and I had to stay here as he was going to have surgery at Children's Hospital. I was very disappointed! It was overpriced for what we got! Our beds felt like we were sleeping on box springs, the coffee pot didn't work, the towels were filthy and the tv would glitch out. The windows are single pane so it was drafty and noisey. The positive thing of all this was the Breakfast. The front desk is fair but really could use improvement! When I took the towels down clean ones, the gentleman gave me bath mats!! I would not recommend this to any of my family or friends.

1 Thank Marie59864
We appreciate your comments in your most recent posting. First, I hope your son's surgery went well and he is feeling better. As you may read in our other posting we attempt to make all our hospital related guests feel welcomed and taken care of especially during their special visit to the city.

During the off season, we are in the process of upgrading all our corridor carpeting and bedding. I am sorry about your experience and I assure we are correcting the issues you encountered. All our TV's have been upgraded to flat screen Samsung's and we are investigating the "glitch" you received when you attempted to view the TV. We hope you give us another opportunity when you visit Seattle again to enjoy our normal WOW experience.