“Good and Bad”

Travelodge Seattle by the Space Needle
Ranked #75 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Breakfast and the pool were nice. Location close to Space Needle and transportation was also good. The bedding was very nice and comfortable. The size of the room was way too small for four people especially for the price. The condition of the hall carpeting was terrible. I'm sure it was relatively clean, but it was so old it felt dirty. If the cost of the room was less we would stay there again.

1  Thank Jank2012
christudor, Sales Associate at Travelodge Seattle by the Space Needle, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We agree, we are actually in the process of installing new carpet! We hope aspects of our hotel like the bed, location, breakfast, and friendly staff will give guests a reason to come back while we are in the process of perfecting our carpets.

Thank you for sharing though, it really helps us find what we need to work on!

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Seattle by the Space Needle

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Travelodge for a Seattle vacation and we picked this hotel for its excellent location and walking distance to most of the tourist attractions in the CityPass. When we arrived our room was not ready despite telling them what time we would arrive. Even 45 minutes after the normal check-in time (over 3 hours later of waiting in the lobby) the room was not ready. When they finally told us we could go upstairs and bring our bags to the room the housekeeper was still in there, just starting to clean the room, which prompted an additional 20 minute wait.

Unfortunately our initial impression of the hotel continued throughout our stay. Despite leaving the “Change the linens” card on the bed as instructed the sheet were definitely NOT changed. We know this because the dead fly that we found in the sheets that morning was still in the same place after the room was serviced and the sheets were allegedly changed. The other disappointing aspect of the housekeeping services was that after we had come back from the gym at 9:30 am a paper was slipped under the door stating that since our “do not disturb” sign was on the door (again at 9:30 am, before the normal checkout time) that the “housekeeper left for the day” and our room would not be cleaned. Fortunately after calling the front desk, they informed us that housekeeping did not actually leave and they would be sent up later.

The bathrooms are old, but clean despite the paper-thin and scratchy towels. Surprisingly the bed and linens were very comfortable and we slept well every night.

The internet is quite slow, I ran a speedtest.net on both the lobby computers and my personal laptop using the hotel Wifi and had about a 1.5Mbps download speed. By contrast my personal 4G hotspot was nearly 6Mbps.

They have complementary breakfast which offered a very good selection and we were excited to find that the coffee was both brewed 24 hours a day and quite good.

If you can get a good rate on the rooms, this Travelodge is in a great spot as long as you don’t mind the aged property and minimal room amenities.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm glad you found the beds & complimentary breakfast good at our hotel in Seattle! We are currently working on our housekeeping standards to correct the issues you discussed.
Thank you for sharing your experience so we have a better idea on how to be successful!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Since it was summer, this hotel was very pricey for what I got for the room (596.00 + tax). The room I got had a very strong sweaty odor, was cramped & dirty/old feeling, with a view of the back building. There was loud jack hammer construction right across the street. I turned on the air conditioner & left with hopes of airing out the room. On the way back, I checked out the Best Western 1 door down. They had a nice, clean, comfy lobby with chocolate chip cookies cooking & availability, price comparable to the Travelodge. Upon return the room's smell was still strong. Fortunately, I was able to switch rooms that helped with my decision not to relocate. With the use of a pool for my daughter and the breakfast provided, I stayed 4 nights. The location and value for the nice breakfast buffet style was a plus factor.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Our breakfast & outdoor pool in the summer is definitely a great catch. I'm glad once we switched you rooms, your stay was more comfortable!

Thank you so much for staying with us! I hope you return to our hotel for your next trip to Seattle.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was a nice hotel in a good location. We were able to easily find the attractions close to this hotel because of it's location. This made it easy for us to get around town, since we did not have a car with us. We tried to book this hotel again on July 24th, but the hotel was sold out. We were surprised to hear this.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

The week of July 24th was insane! President Obama, Yankees, and Microsoft conference were ALL in town at once.
I hope you plan on staying with us again though when we do have availability! I'm glad you enjoyed your first stay.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I booked this hotel because of its central location and reasonable rate. I was a bit concerned as I had read some of the reviews and they weren't all positive. Several people commented on stained carpets, noise, poor breakfast, etc. I have learned to take these reviews with a grain of salt. This hotel was great value, and absolutely worth the 2 nights we stayed there. We didn't need to drive our car at all. The room was spotless, and the bed very comfortable. I like a bath tub, and the room only had a shower stall, but the bathroom was clean and well stocked. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious.

1  Thank JANE G

Wow, thank you for such a great review! I agree with you, I believe our cleanliness, beds, breakfast, and location are all ideal for a hotel central to downtown. Not to mention 2 blocks from the Space Needle!

Thanks again & hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hotel is old! Location is perfect, you can use monorail (walk 5 min. to Space Needle $2.25 one way no stop) to downtown, there you can catch either shuttle bus or subway train to other (make sure you have exact change (est. $10 a day). Breakfast very basic (egg, sausage, fruit, bagel, waffle, juice). Only catch get up early (6:30-9:30). A/C very noisy! Love! free wi-fi. However, the matress is HORRIBLE!, figured at least 3yrs old. Very lumpy sunk in unevenly. We got up with excruciating back pain! Floor is very dirty!! I would not recommend to anyone with back problem!!

1  Thank MAYBELINE N

I'm so glad you decided to share your experience. We are actually in the middle of installing new carpets right now! Also, our location is so convenient like you said.

Thank you for taking the time to share though, our management goes through every response and looks for ways to resolve these. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Upon check in I was hopeful as the clerk was friendly and seemed to care about his workplace however, this was the only time during our stay that I saw this particular employee and during the rest of our stay, our interactions with hotel staff was less than hoped for. Our room was in need of an update (from the paint on the closet door to the carpet to the mildew growing under the bathroom wallpaper). Upon arrival I would have immediately found different accommodation elsewhere if there had been any in town (unfortunately all of the area hotels were booked). The first morning I was awakened by the sound of jackhammers, literally jackhammers outside of our window. Granted, city street work is not within the purvey of hotel control, the hotel could have and should have made some sort of special attempt to make guests stay easier during the work outside, as each day of our stay (four nights total) we were awakened in this manner and yet not a single hotel staffer ever offered an apology or even acknowledgement of the inconvenience. Our room was never vacuumed during our entire stay (I know this because upon arrival I dropped two batteries from our camera on the floor and intentionally left them there to see if the level of cleanliness was what I suspected and sure enough, those batteries remained there during our entire stay. The room was small and cramped but would have been fine had it been well maintained, however, it wasn't and there was mildew in the bathroom, the toilet handle had to be held down during the entire flushing cycle or it wouldn't flush, toiletries (soap, tissue, etc.) was never replenished and one day our room was not even cleaned and when I brought it to the attention of the staff, his solution was to accompany a housekeeper to our room and change our bed linens in our presence. I wasn't expecting a five or four star experience, but I was expecting clean and acceptable. Unfortunately that is not what we received.

1  Thank ROBIN L

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We do look into every survey left by guests and will work to resolve the issues you encountered. I apologize for the inconvenience you had.