“I would recommend this hotel”

Travelodge Seattle by the Space Needle
Ranked #75 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I booked this hotel because of its central location and reasonable rate. I was a bit concerned as I had read some of the reviews and they weren't all positive. Several people commented on stained carpets, noise, poor breakfast, etc. I have learned to take these reviews with a grain of salt. This hotel was great value, and absolutely worth the 2 nights we stayed there. We didn't need to drive our car at all. The room was spotless, and the bed very comfortable. I like a bath tub, and the room only had a shower stall, but the bathroom was clean and well stocked. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JANE G
christudor, Sales Associate at Travelodge Seattle by the Space Needle, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Wow, thank you for such a great review! I agree with you, I believe our cleanliness, beds, breakfast, and location are all ideal for a hotel central to downtown. Not to mention 2 blocks from the Space Needle!

Thanks again & hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hotel is old! Location is perfect, you can use monorail (walk 5 min. to Space Needle $2.25 one way no stop) to downtown, there you can catch either shuttle bus or subway train to other (make sure you have exact change (est. $10 a day). Breakfast very basic (egg, sausage, fruit, bagel, waffle, juice). Only catch get up early (6:30-9:30). A/C very noisy! Love! free wi-fi. However, the matress is HORRIBLE!, figured at least 3yrs old. Very lumpy sunk in unevenly. We got up with excruciating back pain! Floor is very dirty!! I would not recommend to anyone with back problem!!

1  Thank MAYBELINE N

I'm so glad you decided to share your experience. We are actually in the middle of installing new carpets right now! Also, our location is so convenient like you said.

Thank you for taking the time to share though, our management goes through every response and looks for ways to resolve these. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Upon check in I was hopeful as the clerk was friendly and seemed to care about his workplace however, this was the only time during our stay that I saw this particular employee and during the rest of our stay, our interactions with hotel staff was less than hoped for. Our room was in need of an update (from the paint on the closet door to the carpet to the mildew growing under the bathroom wallpaper). Upon arrival I would have immediately found different accommodation elsewhere if there had been any in town (unfortunately all of the area hotels were booked). The first morning I was awakened by the sound of jackhammers, literally jackhammers outside of our window. Granted, city street work is not within the purvey of hotel control, the hotel could have and should have made some sort of special attempt to make guests stay easier during the work outside, as each day of our stay (four nights total) we were awakened in this manner and yet not a single hotel staffer ever offered an apology or even acknowledgement of the inconvenience. Our room was never vacuumed during our entire stay (I know this because upon arrival I dropped two batteries from our camera on the floor and intentionally left them there to see if the level of cleanliness was what I suspected and sure enough, those batteries remained there during our entire stay. The room was small and cramped but would have been fine had it been well maintained, however, it wasn't and there was mildew in the bathroom, the toilet handle had to be held down during the entire flushing cycle or it wouldn't flush, toiletries (soap, tissue, etc.) was never replenished and one day our room was not even cleaned and when I brought it to the attention of the staff, his solution was to accompany a housekeeper to our room and change our bed linens in our presence. I wasn't expecting a five or four star experience, but I was expecting clean and acceptable. Unfortunately that is not what we received.

1  Thank ROBIN L

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We do look into every survey left by guests and will work to resolve the issues you encountered. I apologize for the inconvenience you had.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

overpriced,tv too old at least 10 years or older,no bathtub, location was great couldn't get morning staff to say where breakfast was they kept saying all that was out was by the coffee area there were nothing there

1  Thank LARRY B

On request, we do have rooms that have bath tubs in the rooms! Not all of our rooms have this feature, so we do need to know this ahead of time to accommodate this request.
Thank you for sharing your experience though, we do look into each survey a guest leaves us.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good location by needle and park.breakfast was good. Room was large , beds were good,old tv and the carpets were dirty inside and outside the room.For one night it was ok. They doing a lot of construction of roads and buildings close by.Easy walk to waterfront and lake union.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

During the firework show in July, our location is so ideal to walk over to Lake Union to see the show! I'm glad you were able to enjoy our location for your tourist attractions.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We do evaluate all our surveys to exceed our guests expectations. We are actually replacing our carpet right now because of our guest's voice!

Hope to see you back,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My son and I spent 3 nights at this hotel, and found it to be comfortable, the staff were friendly, and it is very close to the Space Needle. Our room was adequate, the beds were comfortable, the shower worked great (great water pressure), the gymnasium is well equipped, and they also have a pool with a spa. My only gripe is the cost of parking, I realise that you pretty much have to pay to park in a lot of cities, but I also believe that hotels shouldn't add that cost, especially at $15 per day. If you want my business then provide a spot for my car as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Awww our shower pressure! I'm so glad you pointed this out, it's amazing!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Seattle though. We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is an average hotel as far as comfort goes.The beds were comfortable, but the furniture was outdated (especially the TV). What was outstanding about the hotel was the free breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

I'm glad you noticed how comfortable our beds are! They are super soft. That and our breakfast make a great start to a day in Seattle.