“Over Priced”

Travelodge Seattle by the Space Needle
Ranked #75 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 25, 2012

we stayed here over pride weekend, and there was also a marathon so we ended up paying around $200+ per night. completely not worth it. I wish we would have just booked the Westin for $30 more. Yes $30 more, we could have stayed at the Westin. Ridiculous. Anyway, there were a group of 12 of us (4 in each room). We booked on hotwire and took a chance because everything was sold out. I realize that room choices were run of house, and not guaranteed, but when there are 4 guests in the room, you'd expect there to be enough bedding to accommodate. When we arrived, they gave us 2 rooms w/ ONE KING. I asked where they expected us to sleep, the floor? “Well you booked a king”. Actually, NO I did not book a king, I booked a RUN OF HOUSE room that could accommodate FOUR people. Having booked this a couple weeks in advance, you'd think they would have figured this out before hand and saved us all a headache! or I don't know, maybe set occupancy restrictions on hotwire for those days you have sold out of double/doubles? Sure I understand that they may have been booked out but they could have been better prepared. No explanation of services or amenities either, just handed keys and that was it. Bathroom was very small with only a very tiny shower which had a low ceiling. Hit my head several times. Pool ok, good for kids. Breakfast was excellent. Sausages, eggs, toast, waffles, yogurt, fruit. This was a plus. Rooms were very small, I don't know how they justify on their website that a 2 doubles can accomodate up to 5 people. I can't imagine this would pass fire safety codes with a cot. It should be 4 max. Cleaniness, to their credit, was excellent. it was very clean & beds comfy with triple sheeting. Finally a 2 or 3 star that has triple sheeting and not the disgusting comforters that are only washed maybe once or twice every 2 months. Parking beside hotel only $3-$5 for night. Park there instead! Location great, walking distance to downtown. Totaly ok 2 star, but wouldn't ever pay more than $100. $200 was greedy! I've stayed at la quitna just a few blocks down several times and it's much better, cheaper, more modern and offers the same inclusions (less the pool). Service there is better too. I would not reccomend this hotel as a first choice, but it's not terrible, just wasn't impressed. I guess that's what you get with a 2 star.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
christudor, Sales Associate at Travelodge Seattle by the Space Needle, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

For your next stay in Seattle, if you call us directly - we'll make sure to accommodate everyone in your party! I am so sorry about the Hotwire reservations. Unfortunately the 3rd party websites don't even tell us how many people will be in the room. But if you book with this kind of website again, I'd definitely recommend calling the hotel after you book and we'll make sure you have a room that is suitable for a large party.
I'm glad you saw the benefits of our cleanliness & breakfast though, it's definitely something we strive for.
Thank you for your feedback though! It is essential we know how to avoid these situations.
Travelodge Seattle Center

Write a ReviewReviews (1,576)

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a small 4 day get away, and to go enjoy Supercross. It was great! The parking was a bit tight but we lucked out and got an end spot, and did not move the van the whole time we stayed. We found this place to be so easy to get to anything. We did walk every time we left but when we did it was just a 5 minute walk to the monorail. I felt safe when we did walk to the needle, but just like anyplace just be aware. The check in and out was super fast and easy. This staff was great and very helpful. Had asked a few questions to the night clerk and she was very helpful in suggestions. The building itself is old, but the upkeep has been done well. The room we stayed in was overlooking the pool, and was on the corner of the hallway, was not a large room. This was fine for us being we had plans to venture out more than we were staying in. The room was in great shape other than the windows, but everything was very clean and well kept. If you want something inexpensive, clean, and downtown, with fast muffin/waffle type breakfast, we strongly suggest this place. We plan on coming back again this fall and will be staying with the kids this time. Great price, great help, very clean, great comfy bed, and great location!

PS: I am a super clean freak who checks all the little nooks and cranny's when we do stay someplace, like the bed under the sheets, corners, and the toilet. I will not sleep in a place that has a nasty bed with hair, nastiness all over, or moldy/dirty bathroom. I am a snob I guess. My husband thinks I am a little over the top on this. I have standards lol and knows cleaning routines since I once worked at a well known hotel chain.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow! Thank you so much. Our location is definitely ideal!

Please call the hotel & let myself or Rayna (Assistant General Manager) know when you'll be staying with us this fall so we can ensure you have a great room!

Thanks again,

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This Travelodge is older but is fairly well maintained. The rooms are small for 2 double beds but the beds are very comfortable.It is 2 blocks from the Space Needle. A hop on hop off stop for the Greyline double decker tour bus is in front of the "Needle" The front desk staff are great-very efficient and helpful.I noticed many returning guests and families. The pool and spa are clean and the street can't be seen from the pool area. There is shuttle service to the cruise piers for $7.00/person. The free breakfast isn't fantastic but there is variety. Nearby is a great sports bar/restaurant and a Macdonald's Almost everyone you meet in the lobby is going to or returning from a cruise. Beware-- the set rate of $32 taxi fare to or from the airport to a downtown hotel DOESN'T include the Traveledge.It is 2 blocks out of area.It cost us $42!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms overlook the pool.Many rooms are on the backside with a view of an alley and anoth...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Our rooms are even being remodeled further with new carpets this summer too! Plus, having an outdoor pool in Seattle is scarce but found at our hotel, which is great for families.
also, if you'd like to set up less expensive transportation to the airport, let us know at the front desk! We'll make sure we find a private driver who matches the $32 fare!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Actually I am surprised I have not written a review for here already. This is our favorite place to stay when in Seattle. It is affordable, conveniently located to Seattle Center and Space Needle, and not a bad walk to downtown. We take the Link from the airport to downtown Seattle. You can continue on the Monorail for an additional cost which puts you about two blocks away from the hotel. This last visit, since we only had carry ons, we choose to walk. Once we are comfortable in a city, we enjoy walking as it gives us a real feel for the culture and allows us to see things we may otherwise miss. The rooms are always clean and staff friendly. There is a pool and hot tub, and breakfast is available.The our room had all the standard amenities, i.e. hairdryer, coffee maker, microwave, refridgerator. There are several restaurants in the area and a Walgreens just down the street. We will continue to make this our first option when in Seattle.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for writing a review! I'm glad you have become one of our regulars too. Our location is so nice for the convenience of the airport transportation, and especially those who'd like a nice stroll to the Space Needle or through Belltown to the Pike Place Market. I'm glad other future guests will be be able to see your feedback!

Thanks again,

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by our stay at the Travelodge. The room was clean and a decent size, the breakfast was filling (though the breakfast room was always crowded), and you can easily walk to the Space Needle, the monorail, and the South Lake Union and Belltown neighborhoods. The walls are a little thin, so we could hear traffic on the busy Aurora Road a few blocks from the hotel. But overall, it's a great value for about $100/night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
christudor, Sales Associate at Travelodge Seattle by the Space Needle, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

I'm glad you enjoyed our rooms and breakfast! Our beds are actually really comfortable and the breakfast is amazing (believe me, too tempting every morning haha).

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Please e-mail me to help you with future reservations, we'd like to thank you.

Ali@travelodgeseattlecenter.com

Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights, it's a good little place to stay. The rooms are a bit small but that's ok, there clean and the pillows and bed are really comfortable. It was very cheap to stay here I was suprised how good it is for the price. The bathroom is quite modern and the shower pressure is great. The only thing I don't like about the room is that there is a apartment block opposite and my curtains are fake so they don't close,I can see people in the other apartment and they can see me. The staff are nice they are very helpful in regards to directions and attractions. The breakfast is really good and it's free alot of food to choose from hot and cold. I don't like the area it's not the best place in town as soon as it was near dusk I was in my room.

• Stayed: May 2012

Hello from Texas! Thank you for sharing your positive experience and I'm glad you mentioned how comfortable our showers & beds are. They really are good! To make your future stay even better, let us help you use the black out curtains in every room! They will ensure your privacy and desired lighting in the room at night.

Thank you again though, I'm glad we were able to host you-

Reviewed May 3, 2012

A very pleasant surprise. Good location. A $7-8 taxi ride from the Light Rail station Westlake Center. Reasonably priced. Pleasant reception by cherful, tall Jim. Clean, quiet room with a big comfortable bed and a big TV. Breakfast included way above the average fare. Belgian waffles with sausage, hardboiled eggs and a pleasant (!) smiling help. Whoa. Rare. USA Today in the morning by the room door. Will stay there again.

Bring your own liquor if you arrive late in the evening. Seattle liquor stores close up at an ungodly early hour.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GCHHawaii

Wow, thank you for your nice review! We've printed it and let our entire staff, especially Jim, know about your experience.

Good news too, liquor will be sold in our grocery stores in Seattle beginning June 1st. So that will make your future stay even better! ;)