1,679 results
All reviewsgreat locationbreakfast roomseattle centermake your own wafflesbudget hotelyogurtwalking distancean older hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfultwo blocksbed was very comfortablealaskan cruisepikes marketpike placemonorailneedlewalgreens
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Located 2 blocks from space needle. This area is not central downtown so whilst it is probably quieter there's not much going on a felt a bit creepy - maybe just the time of year? Easy access to main downtown by monorail though which was good. Breakfast more than adequate. We didn't park so can't comment on that. Like all motels Walls a bit thin. If you need this area can recommend otherwise next find we would probably pay a bit more to be downtown

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank RayleighTasha_1985
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel is in the perfect location while staying in Seattle. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with in room coffee, plenty of fresh clean towels and a very nice breakfast with waffles, sausages and the usual continental spread. you can aslo get water and coffee in the lobby 24 hours. The pool area looked very nie with a nice view but we were there in late October so it was closed but the hot tub was open. There is free wifi. and two computers in the lobby and printers.

You can walk to the needle and Monorail. Try Seeks Pizza and Sports Bar and Grill just around the corner.

Pikes Market Place, Olympic Sculpture Park and the water front is also walkable if you are up to it. It is a pretty walk. But if not, take the monorail to West lake Center.

I hope to return to Seattle and I will stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Wanted to be downtown Seattle within walking distance of certain attractions (Space Needle, EMP Museum). Was pleasantly surprised at the clean accomodations (first time at a Travelodge)! Room was small, but it had an easy chair and ottoman! I loved the down comforter, but it was almost too hot! I had the AC on to bring the room down to 66 degrees. But I DEFINITELY have to get me some DOWN PILLOWS!! Those were the BEST!

If I am just going somewhere overnight, I usually pick Motel 6, but then I have to bring EVERYTHING!! This Travelodge had all my basic necessities: hair dryer, IN-ROOM COFFEE (although generic - no Seattle "brands"), iron/ironing board. Wi-Fi a bonus, but didn't use it. Said up-graded spa, but the jets were broken. Would have been nice, too, after 2 days of trekking around Pike Place, up and down hills.... The room door also kind of stuck one morning. If I go for a week somewhere, I usually go a little more spendy, just for more room to spread out.

You can take a cab from the motel/Space Needle (2 blocks away) to Pike Place for about $6; if you park in a paid parking area for more than 3 hours, it will cost you $26!! Oh, one thing I didn't care for is that Travelodge CHARGES for parking! $12/day! I travel a few times a year, and I have never stayed somewhere where the motel charges for parking.

Breakfast was decent - not much hot food. Just sausage, waffles and hard boiled eggs; basic fruit choices (apples, oranges or bananas); but lots of selections for cereal, yogurt, pastries, bagels, etc. They even put the leftover pastries out in the lobby when breakfast is over. And the lobby coffee is Seattle's Best.

The staff was very nice and helpful. They give you walking maps to get around, and they gave me speedy directions to get back on the freeway to get home!

So, for 2 of us plus taxes and parking for 2 nights, it came out to $237. Overall, a good experience!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrea_Toombs
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed one night in this hotel before boarding a cruise. I thought the price at the time was a little high $157.15 inc taxes for the Travelodge, but there wasn't much available. The room had 2 queen size beds, free wifi and the bathroom was clean. The breakfast was great with alot of choice to cater everyones needs. It is about a 10 minute walk into the heart of Seattle town. You can see the space needle from the hotel. We found a great pizza restaurant not far from this hotel, which I would highly recommend called Zeek's Pizzas 419 Denny Way. There is a Walgreens located up the street.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We spent a weekend in Seattle after a week long convention in another city. I chose Travelodge strictly because of price. The hotel we had stay at on our previous visit was much nicer for the same price as Travelodge but because I waited until two weeks before our trip to book our room, the price jumped $60 a night so we had to make another choice. We arrived much later than we were supposed to due to Shuttle Express being over booked, even though we had reservations. Still, it is the least expensive way to get to the hotel from the airport. We were greeted by friendly hotel staff even late at night. We did not have a room with a Space Needle view but a view of the parking lot. The first thing I noticed when getting off the elevator was the musty smell, I assume from the carpet in the hall. After the first time walking down the hall, I guess I got used to the smell because I didn't seem to notice being as strong. The second thing I noticed was the dim lighting in the halls. The only light came from a few pot lights in the ceiling with a string of old looking track lights on cords strung between the pot lights. It was dark and a little scary, being that our room was the last one down the hallway. I figured it was dark due to it being night but the hallways seemed just as dark during the daytime, until you got to the area where there were windows facing Space Needle.

The room we had was very small and seemed old. There was a small fridge in the corner and coffee maker. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were very nice. The kind you would expect in a high dollar hotel. It was fine for us since we weren't staying very long. More than two nights and the lack of space would have been a problem since there wasn't much room to move around. Bathroom was small, no tub but the shower was very roomy. We did not use the pool or spa but the pool seemed like a good size and looked very inviting. There was a BBQ in the pool area but not sure if that was for guests to use.

They serve a complimentary breakfast, which is helpful since I didn't see any other places to eat that are close by, other than McDonalds a few blocks away. Breakfast consists of fruits, cereals, sausage, hard boiled eggs, muffins and donuts, waffles, toast and bagels. The room has limited seating but we seemed to be able to find a place quickly enough on both mornings. The ice machines are on every other floor. We had a vending machine located on our floor but I don't know if they are on every floor. Coffee is served in the lobby day and night.

The hotel is very close to Space Needle, a couple of blocks away. You can also catch the Monorail there and can ride it downtown for $4 roundtrip. The Monorail stops at a mall, which is then about another four blocks from Pikes Place Market. The area is safe to walk around during the day. We stayed downtown until 10pm, riding the Monorail back and then walked back to the hotel. Not a lot of people walking on the streets that time of night. Nothing in the area but some Condo's and the McD's so it was a little spooky walking back to the hotel from Space Needle.

Checking out on a Sunday morning can be a little hectic due to so many people waiting in the lobby for shuttles to take them to the pier for their cruises. For an overnight stay at a place that is close to sights, this hotel is fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the windows. You get a view of Space Needle from outside your door and the hallways are better lit.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple