3,786 results
All reviews north tower heavenly bed relish restaurant great location space needle spg member high floor pike place market lobby bar within walking distance light rail puget sound business trip city view central location water view public market
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for one night. It was ok, nothing phenomenal. Just an everyday hotel. It was clean and the employee that checked us in was very friendly. Close to the monorail, Pike Place and the waterfront.

Trip type: Traveled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear eblackaby2018,

Thank you for evaluating your stay at The Westin Seattle. We are glad you liked our well-kept property and that you were impressed with the service provided by one of our front desk associates. It is also good to know you enjoyed our proximity to Seattle waterfront, Pike Place Market, and other attractions. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This Westin apparently is the oldest and the first Westin in the US. And it shows. The rooms are pretty out-dated. Also with multiple high rises coming around, a lot of the water view rooms are no longer water view. This is obviously not a fault of the hotel but they should update their systems to reflect the same.
My biggest peeve with this hotel is the service. Its nearly non-existent. I urge the staff and the management to visit even a 3 star hotel in Asia and note the difference. For example, last time I was here, I had asked for help with my luggage. I waited for >30 mins to get the help, this after repeated called to "Express Service". Another example, this morning I was stepping out for breakfast. Since I knew I will be back in the room for most of the day, I called "Express Service" and requested that the room be cleaned between 9am to 11:30 am. I come back to the room at 11:30 am and voila, the staff is in my room, "just getting started"! When I called the service desk, they were like "yeah, we will get the room done some time today!" Very nonchalant, very non-committed.
Why is this a 5-star hotel? Are the staff on some kind of welfare plan? How can you treat your customers like this?

I strongly suggest not staying at this place

• Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Director of Guest Services at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear wakeupsidh108,

Thank you for leaving feedback regarding your stay. We apologize for the poor service you received from multiple departments and that this left you with a bad impression of us. Your comments are well taken, and we will take appropriate steps to ensure a better experience in the future. We do hope you will consider a return visit and give us a chance to regain your trust.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Westin brand has typically been a staple for me and a go-to when I travel. I had hoped that the Westin Seattle would deliver. It did not.

The good...
Great view from the 37th floor
Bed was comfortable
Room amenities were fine

The not so good
Poor water pressure in the shower
My room was warm despite setting it to 65 degrees

The terrible...
Noisy...room near elevator. I heard every chime and person exiting
The floor was noisy... paper thin walls... I heard the adjacent rooms having a bachelorette party and the sirens from the emergency vehicles on the street

The room was pricey. I expected better. 2 poor nights of sleep.

I didn’t complain to front desk, but I should have.

Not recommended.

Date of stay: September 2019
TeamMarriott, Director of Guest Services at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Aguawater,

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your valuable feedback and regret that we disappointed you in multiple areas during your stay. Our goal is to provide you with an excellent experience, and the noise, room temperature, and water issues are not typical of our usual service delivery. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area so that we can provide you with a much-improved and better nights sleep.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice hotel well situated in Seattle. Our room was spacious and clean.
However, two things bothered us:
They charge for use of the WiFi! During our round trip all other hotels included free WiFi. It is 2019, in most shops, restaurants, public places etc. free WiFi is available. If you become a member you get free WiFi but why is this required?
We had breakfast included and it was not a nice experience. We had to stand in line for 15 minutes to get in and the breakfast room was quite messy (probably due to the overload of people).

Dear Dan S,

Thank you for your review. We were disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered during breakfast, especially since we take pride in our delicious offerings and timely service.

We also understand that the cost of Wi-Fi can be a frustration to some of our guests, and we are truly sorry this was the case for you. We do offer free Wi-Fi to our Rewards Members, which is is just one of the many perks of membership. Sign up is free, and we highly recommend doing so in order to utilize these benefits. We apologize again that your visit was inconvenienced this time, but we hope to see you again soon so we can provide you with the excellent hospitality you deserve.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at the Westin Hotel September 2019. I am extremely disappointed with the level of room service at this hotel. I waited over 30 minutes for room service to provide utensils to eat my dinner and have finally decided to actually go down to the bar and picked it up myself. No one apologized and they finally came up at around the 40 minute mark after following up twice with. At that point it was not needed.

As a platinum elite member I get a choice of free breakfast or extra points.

They had also made the mistake of adding The cost of the breakfast onto my bill. Although rectified - it was a waste of my time to lineup and get it removed.( And the breakfast was extremely disappointing)

Overall, the facilities were quite nice it was just the service that was extremely lacking

I would not be staying here again - especially as the cost of the Sheraton hotel is a 10 minute walk away is approximately the same.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 167samy

Dear 167samy,

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotels, and for taking the time to review your stay with us. Thoughtful and anticipatory service are hallmarks of our hotel, so we are sorry to see we fell short in delivering these to you. The delays and billing issues you described are unacceptable, and we have addressed them with our associates so they do not occur again going forward. We hope you will give us an opportunity on your next visit to show you our devotion to exceptional hospitality.