“A nice hotel for conferences”
Review of The Westin Seattle

The Westin Seattle
Ranked #46 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Okemos, Michigan
“A nice hotel for conferences”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed 6 days while attending a conference at this hotel. The rooms were well furnished and very clean. The conference facilities were very nice. My two complains are paying $40/night to park when a guest and paying a good amount for the room. Second was had trouble with Wi-Fi. The staff were great and really bent over backwards to accommodate your requests.

Room Tip: High floors have a much better view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chipperhigh2
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was very accommodating. We will be sure to share your comments regarding parking and wifi so that we may make necessary changes. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (709)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Awesome hotel and I would have given a 5 star rating but as a gold member, and on our way out yesterday after picking up my car, I went into the bathroom one last time before going to the airport and as i came out, I was confronted with 2 members of hotel security "hey bro, what can we do for you" mistaking me for a poor displaced person, there are many around there, but I was dressed well for the trip back to the east coast after a wonderful 2 week vacation driving up the west coast. They escorted me out the door as I explained I just checked out but they didnt listen...I was embarrassed, and offended...sounds trival until it happens to you so make sure you cut your hair and shave before going there lol ....I doubt we will go back to any Westin after that, the only unpleasant experience of our 2 week trip....

Room Tip: we read the reviews about over looking the drainage, and thats the room we got...and we had a great...
5 Thank Doddg
Thank you very much for your review. My sincerest apologies for the treatment you received after check out. Please contact me at ashley.mcfarland@westin.com to provide more details so I can further investigate this matter.
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We ( me and my wife) recently spent two nights at the Westin, and this was our first trip to Seattle after moving to Washington.
The hotel is very well located,as other reviewers have described, consists of two cylindrical towers, most floors with just 10 rooms, so pretty much a reasonable view from any room. We were on the 45th floor and got a city view with some water/dockside thrown in.
Check in was smooth and service was warm and friendly. The rooms themselves are spacious, I gather they all have King beds/two queens and ours had a sofa bed in it, with a large desk, office chair and single chair, but no ottoman ( this would have made it all so much more comfortable.....). Bathrooms are somewhat basic, like all Westin's, but clean and with a nice shower head( the rain fall kind). Safe, coffee facilities were functional and good. Usual overpriced mini bar.
Communal areas are run down looking, and the interiors of the elevators could do with a lot of work.
Best part of the stay was the location.Could easily walk to pike place, belltown, space needle, pioneer square etc. There's a top pot donuts around the corner, which was handy and a whole lot of other places to eat and drink are within an easy 10 minute walk.
Parking is overpriced and interestingly, you can park at the same garage ( entrance off 5th avenue, near virginia/stewart) for $25 if you don't use the hotel. Is connected via a walkway on the 2nd level. Unless you're on some kind of money burning frenzy or prefer the convenience of valet, makes no sense to park with them. The walk from our car to our room in the North tower was less then what it would have been had we pulled up in front of the hotel. Thing to remember is you have to make sure to tell the parking attendant that you are using "Westin" parking and they then issue you a handwritten 24 hr pass. You may have to knock on the window when entering as they tend to be busy. I pulled in and then realized had to do this, so was a little odd standing in line with a bunch of cars near the parking exit!

1 Thank mkumar
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your first time to Seattle. We will be sure to share your comments regarding parking and the furniture with our staff so that we may make improvements for the future. We hope that our views and location will bring you back to The Westin Seattle next time you are back in the Emerald City.
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We'd left our cruise ship after 42 days cruising from Sydney to Seattle so decided to extend our "splurge" experience and pay for a room with water views. And we were SO glad we did! I'm an SPG member anyway but, even so, the management at check-in excelled themselves. We were given a room on the 38th floor (of 40) in the South Tower and it had "drop-dead gorgeous" views of the whole of Puget Sound (if you ignored a certain "rear window" effect at night looking at an apartment block directly below us). The two queen beds oozed comfort, but the clothes drawer space was surprisingly limited (three small drawers immediately below the very capacious in-room safe), and the overhead lights didn't encourage reading other than at the executive-style desk. The toiletries were adequate (aloe vera soap in the shape of a large leaf, shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer in those little round plastic bottles) and the supply of coat hangers more than ample for our 4-night stay. I thought that $22.50 for an American breakfast was OK until I read that there would also be a $4.50 delivery fee and the usual 18% gratuity which brought the likely total cost up to $29.00. I opted instead for the take-away granola and yoghurt at the nifty little "to go" shop in the lobby ($6.50) and serve-yourself house decaf ($2.50). Nine dollars was far more satisfying than $29.00! But the hotel is well located, the staff highly personable and well-trained, and the experience overall a cut above the average for an SPG property, even if the buildings were erected some decades ago.

Room Tip: I recommend South building, Room #3952: you won't be disappointed!
3 Thank mccorquinn
Silicon Valley
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is the biggest hotel in Seattle and close to everything. It is made up of two cylindrical towers with every room facing out, which is great. I had one of the newly remodeled rooms which was very well apportioned with a nice desk facing out. It looked at the other tower which wasn't the best view but being cylindrical you have nice views past the other tower on both sides. The lobby is huge with lots of space to relax and a friendly bar. The fitness room and pool are great. While I prefer small boutique hotels, this is a very good business hotel choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Staten7
Surrey, England
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed a week at the Westin Seattle for a conference

Good situation for Washington State Convention Center

Better than average burger restaurant on site. Decent bar and gym

The Westin Seattle is a good hotel but it is a borderline 3/4 stars. Although everything was good for our stay, the Westin Seattle is close to being outdated. The rooms are in need of an upgrade, looking dated now

Positives are situation, location everything in easy reach of downtown Seattle and the convention center

Hotel needs an upgrade but I give it the benefit of the doubt for now

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Stephen H
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Garage parking fees are a big rip-off when parking is available. There was a special event during my stay and the regular parking garage was closed and I was forced to use valet. I was charged for Wi-Fi which should be included for the price of the room. At check out I was informed I had a lounge bar bill but I had never used their bar. I was told it would be removed but on receipt of my invoice via email the charge remained. I am contesting this bar bill as I had never used their bar or lounge. Why was I told it would be removed then still charged? Had I known this would happen I would have asked to see the actual bar bill with my signature. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank k7acz
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please contact me at ashley.mcfarland@westin.com to provide further details.