We'd left our cruise ship after 42 days cruising from Sydney to Seattle so decided to extend our "splurge" experience and pay for a room with water views. And we were SO glad we did! I'm an SPG member anyway but, even so, the management at check-in excelled themselves. We were given a room on the 38th floor (of 40) in the South Tower and it had "drop-dead gorgeous" views of the whole of Puget Sound (if you ignored a certain "rear window" effect at night looking at an apartment block directly below us). The two queen beds oozed comfort, but the clothes drawer space was surprisingly limited (three small drawers immediately below the very capacious in-room safe), and the overhead lights didn't encourage reading other than at the executive-style desk. The toiletries were adequate (aloe vera soap in the shape of a large leaf, shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer in those little round plastic bottles) and the supply of coat hangers more than ample for our 4-night stay. I thought that $22.50 for an American breakfast was OK until I read that there would also be a $4.50 delivery fee and the usual 18% gratuity which brought the likely total cost up to $29.00. I opted instead for the take-away granola and yoghurt at the nifty little "to go" shop in the lobby ($6.50) and serve-yourself house decaf ($2.50). Nine dollars was far more satisfying than $29.00! But the hotel is well located, the staff highly personable and well-trained, and the experience overall a cut above the average for an SPG property, even if the buildings were erected some decades ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Downtown Seattle Hotel is the front door to shopping, dining and the vibrant downtown Seattle experience. Leave the car at home and walk to the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the Great Wheel, the Aquarium and more all within just blocks of our hotel! Take the light rail to and from the airport for just $3 each way. Our brand is truly focused on healthy living while on the road. We feature our 10 layer signature Heavenly Beds for the most comfortable night's sleep. Our RunWestin program takes guests on a guided 3 mile run every Tuesday and Wednesday morning through Seattle's best attractions. With Gear Lending, no need to pack your gym gear, for just $5 guests can borrow fresh New Balance clothing and shoes including brand new socks that are yours to keep! Enjoy our fitness center, indoor pool, and outdoor pool deck. Grab a smoothie or fresh juice at our barista stand, or stay for lunch or dinner at our Relish Burger Bistro serving salads, burgers, and fresh, locally sourced cuisine. For families our Westin Family program provides kids with an interactive journal to document their visit to Seattle with fun games and coloring activities. And don't leave your pet at home! Pets stay free with us as we know they're just like family and our guests can even request a heavenly dog bed and dog food and water bowls at check in. Come enjoy Seattle and take comfort in knowing our staff values you like family. Explore our freshly renovated meeting and event space for your next event or head out for a night on the town with so much to see and door right outside our door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Seattle Hotel Seattle
- Westin Seattle
- The Westin Hotel Seattle Wa
- Seattle Westin