The Westin Seattle
$489
$423
  • Pool
2,974 results
All reviewsnorth towerheavenly bedgreat locationspace needlespg memberpike place markethigh floorconcierge desklobby barself parkwithin walking distancelight railpuget soundbusiness tripcity viewcentral locationacross the street
Reviewed February 11, 2014

15:00 check in and 12:00 out might work and save a few dollars on employing enough room cleaning staff but the lack of flexibility, clearly enjoyed by the squeaky male check-in geeks, was a fright. Their inability to converse at non bat frequencies and speed also irked. On the other hand the female front of house staff were a warm credit to the hotel. Location is everything and here the Westin scores but eat elsewhere. Whilst I couldn't check in "early" (12:30) despite desiring to pre-pay for the privilege it was good, I guess, the see the homeless welcomed to loaf in the lounge overnight.

Room Tip: Go high in the north tower....
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are delighted to hear that our female Front Desk staff were warm and that our location was ideal. We apologize that you had issues checking in early. Unfortunately depending on our occupancy, check in before 3pm can be challenging. We can certainly understand the frustration you experienced. We do hope that if your travels bring you back to Seattle that you will give us another try. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The hotel was in a great location in downtown Seattle. It is an easy walk to the harbor and shopping. The staff was extremely friendly/helpful and the late checkout was a real bonus for me. I loved the room. The bed was comfortable and breakfast came exactly when I requested it - which was great because the kitchen had only opened 15 minutes before so the desk clerk had warned me when I ordered the night before that I might not get it on time. They made it happen. The only negative for me is that I find the lobbies of W hotels impossibly dark and impossibly noisy for check in etc. Once I was in my room all w

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you very much for the excellent review. We are thrilled that you found The Westin Seattle to have an ideal location, exceptional service and a comfortable sleep with our heavenly bed. We apologize about the noise upon check in and will pass your comments to our staff regarding the dim lighting. We really appreciate the feedback as we are always looking to meet the needs of our guests. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Perfect location to my favorite store...Nordstrom as well as the space needle. Great walking distance down to the fish market and some nice restaurants. This location is also great access to getting on the highway and out of the city as I had to every morning to meet a client. I prefer Westin and although it was quite hectic due to a young teenager conference it was still enjoyable with the floor to ceiling windows. The elevator can be somewhat of a wait/issue, so just add in some time for that.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our room had a great view of the Space Needle and the water. The room was clean and quite. The was a cheaper parking lot right next to the hotel that had a skyway bridge into the hotel. The fee was $25 a night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We spent 3 nights at this hotel. It is centrally located, has friendly staff and less expensive parking right next door. ($25) Our room had a beautiful view of the sound and our request for a room away from the ice machine was well-founded and thankfully met. The one on our floor was broken, but the one on the floor below was very noisy.

My only concern is that the bed was overly soft and to make matters worse, instead of using a fitted bottom sheet, a too small top sheet was used. This meant that the sleeping surface was not smooth and added to the uncomfortable sleep.

The $7 charge to put something into the fridge was a ridiculous money grab.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and far from the ice machine
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kaalvictoria
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your stay with us and the TripAdvisor Community. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our central location, friendly staff and beautiful views. We apologize that you experienced an uncomfortable sleep. If possible, I would like to discuss this with you further to ensure that we fix the issues with that particular bed to avoid the same complaint in the future. As we actively seek to improve our service, we hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future. Thank you again for taking the time to review The Westin Seattle.

Ashley McFarland