“Excellent hotel”

The Westin Seattle
Ranked #43 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The hotel was in a great location in downtown Seattle. It is an easy walk to the harbor and shopping. The staff was extremely friendly/helpful and the late checkout was a real bonus for me. I loved the room. The bed was comfortable and breakfast came exactly when I requested it - which was great because the kitchen had only opened 15 minutes before so the desk clerk had warned me when I ordered the night before that I might not get it on time. They made it happen. The only negative for me is that I find the lobbies of W hotels impossibly dark and impossibly noisy for check in etc. Once I was in my room all w

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you very much for the excellent review. We are thrilled that you found The Westin Seattle to have an ideal location, exceptional service and a comfortable sleep with our heavenly bed. We apologize about the noise upon check in and will pass your comments to our staff regarding the dim lighting. We really appreciate the feedback as we are always looking to meet the needs of our guests. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Perfect location to my favorite store...Nordstrom as well as the space needle. Great walking distance down to the fish market and some nice restaurants. This location is also great access to getting on the highway and out of the city as I had to every morning to meet a client. I prefer Westin and although it was quite hectic due to a young teenager conference it was still enjoyable with the floor to ceiling windows. The elevator can be somewhat of a wait/issue, so just add in some time for that.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our room had a great view of the Space Needle and the water. The room was clean and quite. The was a cheaper parking lot right next to the hotel that had a skyway bridge into the hotel. The fee was $25 a night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We spent 3 nights at this hotel. It is centrally located, has friendly staff and less expensive parking right next door. ($25) Our room had a beautiful view of the sound and our request for a room away from the ice machine was well-founded and thankfully met. The one on our floor was broken, but the one on the floor below was very noisy.

My only concern is that the bed was overly soft and to make matters worse, instead of using a fitted bottom sheet, a too small top sheet was used. This meant that the sleeping surface was not smooth and added to the uncomfortable sleep.

The $7 charge to put something into the fridge was a ridiculous money grab.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and far from the ice machine
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kaalvictoria
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your stay with us and the TripAdvisor Community. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our central location, friendly staff and beautiful views. We apologize that you experienced an uncomfortable sleep. If possible, I would like to discuss this with you further to ensure that we fix the issues with that particular bed to avoid the same complaint in the future. As we actively seek to improve our service, we hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future. Thank you again for taking the time to review The Westin Seattle.

Ashley McFarland
ashley.mcfarland@westin.com

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The Westin is conveniently located in downtown Seattle, walking distance to attractions like Pike Place Market. So if you're traveling by car, this is great.

As a business traveler, it's a rough start. The Westin is not close to Sea-Tac Airport (no FREE shuttle for individuals), so I took a cab (almost $50). It took nearly 30 minutes to get to the Westin.

However, once there, you are greeted by a plush, modern hotel. The first thing I noticed were quotations on the carpet that encouraged wellness. It gave a positive vibe. Check in was a breeze, and the receptionist was friendly and helpful. The Westin is a two-tower structure, each over 30 floors. Fortunately, the receptionist's directions were clear. Elevator was nearby, and I was in my room in minutes.

Upon entering the room, I was comforted by the expansive size of the room. When I looked out the window, I could see the Space Needle and the Puget Sound. It was a nice view.

For each day that you don't request housekeeping service (e.g. towels, sheets, etc.) you receive a $5 food voucher. So, after 3 nights, I earned $15 which I used for the yummy "All you can eat" buffet, which was $20.

Here's the negative. And we were forewarned by a note on the table. Since the towers were constructed to withstand earthquakes, whenever a strong wind hits the building, it creates an eerie, disturbing noise. It woke me up several times during the night.

However, the strengths of the Westin overshadow the weakness. This is a perfect location for business travelers; families may enjoy it, too. (e.g. Swimming facilities and nearness to downtown Seattle). But it is geared for businesses -- my 3-day conference took place in a huge meeting room. Catering was excellent and tasty (I enjoyed the clam chowder, but there were many healthy options).

Returning to the airport, I reserved a shuttle online, which made the return much easier. (And, it was half the price of a cab).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a year or so ago and picked it again due to it's location to several attractions we wanted to spend some time visiting. It is easy walking distance to either the Space Needle, Pike Place market or the south side of town. It is actually fairly central. We were lucky to have a good weekend with no rain so walking was perfect. We had a double room (wanted a king room but as I had booked the wrong Westin, they didn't have any available due to the busy football playoff weekend). The front desk was very nice and accommodated us as best they could which was a City View (not great) on the 36th floor (nice). The rooms are OK size, however the bathroom is really so tiny. When you open the door to the bathroom, it almost hits the toilet . Only room for one person at a time in that bathroom!

Overall, the beds are very comfortable which is why we pick the Westin brand.

Had drinks at the lobby bar which were good. Very nice service there too. However we did not eat at the restaurant in the lobby due to our prior visit a year ago when the food was not great and the service was so slow. I understand they may have updated the lobby restaurant and hopefully the food too. Maybe next time.....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DNAZ_SF
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

We are glad to hear that you found our location very central and in walking distance to many of your favorite activities. We are also very pleased that you received great service in our lobby bar. Our staff is here to ensure you enjoy every moment of your stay with us. We understand the importance of friendly and attentive service, and we want our guests to experience nothing short of that. We hope that during your next visit you will get a chance to try Relish Burger Bistro, our new restaurant. We can assure you the food and the service will not disappoint. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have you join us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have stayed here twice and I am going back in June 2011 &2012 The hotel is wonderful I found the staff also very good and helpful. The only problem I have was charge for internet. They is no reason they should charge for this. There is a great place to shop across the street. It has everything. You are very close to everything and that is why I am coming back. Please drop the internet charge. I did not stay here in July 2013 but I wanted my review to go through

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
AshleyGuestServices, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you very much for your excellent rating and review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I do understand your feedback on the lack of complimentary internet access. As it is a Westin brand standard to charge for internet, we do have to maintain that fee for now. But, I want to thank you for your feedback as it is a way we can pinpoint where we can improve. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be very helpful and friendly. We hope that as we seek to improve our service you will still choose to stay with us in the future. Thanks again for your review.