I'm the kind of guy who gets a hotel room to sleep in, shower in, and to get out of. When looking for a place to stay, I'm only looking for a low price, a clean room, and a convenient location. The Westin has so much more than that.
I've stayed in a Westin once before: the Bonaventure in Los Angeles. Like the Westin Seattle, it too has circular towers which cause slightly unusual room layouts. This Labor Day weekend, I was in town for the PAX convention, and, believe it or not, this was the lowest price room on Hotwire I could find that was anywhere near the convention center. It was still pricey as heck, but that's what a low supply and high demand lead to.
I arrived really early -- 8 AM -- and dropped off my bag. My room wasn't ready yet, of course, but I left my cell phone number, and they called me at about 2 PM when it became available. The south tower 18th floor room was well maintained, clean, and modern. The minibar items didn't have a pricing sheet, but that's a fool's expense anyway. Internet access was fast, but about $10 per night.
The bed -- so comfortable! The shower had good pressure and had both the overhead shower AND a wand-on-a-hose thing. The initial wand location was such that it either shot water straight into my face, or when I moved, into the towel rack. Bad design. I moved it down, but it still was just a little too high at its lowest setting. Not a big deal -- I just reduced its water pressure.
Sunday morning, I was in the shower, and the power went out. It wasn't a big deal -- I found it amusing and a reminder of how it used to be in the college dorms. The big windows let in plenty of light after I dripped my way over to them, and my flashlight lit up the bathroom enough to get ready to go. Making my way down the 18 floors in the stairwell was, actually, kind of fun, but the greasy stains and drips on the walls of the stairwell made me question, slightly, how clean this place is behind the scenes. Stairwells are usually grimy, dingy places, so I don't hold this against them.
The staff was unobtrusively helpful, from the front desk to the luggage desk to the housekeeping. It's not a very cozy, romantic place, but instead really has the feel of professionalism and business. If I had an expense account, I'd come back here without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Downtown Seattle Hotel is the front door to shopping, dining and the vibrant downtown Seattle experience. Leave the car at home and walk to the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the Great Wheel, the Aquarium and more all within just blocks of our hotel! Take the light rail to and from the airport for just $3 each way. Our brand is truly focused on healthy living while on the road. We feature our 10 layer signature Heavenly Beds for the most comfortable night's sleep. Our RunWestin program takes guests on a guided 3 mile run every Tuesday and Wednesday morning through Seattle's best attractions. With Gear Lending, no need to pack your gym gear, for just $5 guests can borrow fresh New Balance clothing and shoes including brand new socks that are yours to keep! Enjoy our fitness center, indoor pool, and outdoor pool deck. Grab a smoothie or fresh juice at our barista stand, or stay for lunch or dinner at our Relish Burger Bistro serving salads, burgers, and fresh, locally sourced cuisine. For families our Westin Family program provides kids with an interactive journal to document their visit to Seattle with fun games and coloring activities. And don't leave your pet at home! Pets stay free with us as we know they're just like family and our guests can even request a heavenly dog bed and dog food and water bowls at check in. Come enjoy Seattle and take comfort in knowing our staff values you like family. Explore our freshly renovated meeting and event space for your next event or head out for a night on the town with so much to see and door right outside our door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Seattle Hotel Seattle
- Westin Seattle
- The Westin Hotel Seattle Wa
- Seattle Westin