“Great hotel”

The Westin Seattle
Ranked #44 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 20, 2013

What a great hotel. Excellent location and great service. Rooms were large with great beds. Only drawback is that there is only one restaurant in the hotel, but since it is located downtown there are tons of restaurants nearby. Great hotel and highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,734)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I recently spent three nights at the Westin Seattle while attending a conference. All in all, it's a great hotel.

My check-in and check-out were handled very efficiently without any lengthy wait times. And the staff members were very friendly and helpful.

The location made for easy walking to the public market, space needle, upscale and boutique shopping, and many dining choices.

My "deluxe city-view" room was very spacious and had terrific views of the city including the ferris wheel at the market and the comings and goings of the Bainbridge Island ferries. The linens were high quality, the bed was comfortable, and the room was extremely clean. But one of the best parts? The air conditioning was silent. I was able to keep my room very comfortable without the constant cycling that I suffer with at other hotels. The only thing that kept me from a completely restful sleep was the city noise. Even though I was on the 35th floor I could still clearly hear the sirens and horns that come along with city dwelling. The rainfall shower head (saves water) was nice, but I really appreciated the additional handheld unit that had a bit more pressure to quickly rinse my hair.

I took advantage of their "green housekeeping" option. Each night I hung a notice on my doorknob indicating I did not need any housekeeping services the next day. With just one person in the room, there really wasn't a need for anyone to make my bed or tidy my bathroom. In exchange, no one entered my room and I received a coupon worth either $5 at a hotel restaurant or 500 points on my Starwood account.

The 24-hour (thank you) fitness rooom had lots of equipment that was well maintained. My only suggestion there is that they add some fans or decrease the temp a bit. If people are exercising their body temps rise, so we don't need the room to be quite so warm.

The meeting rooms were comfortable - good temperature, padded chairs, good wireless signals. All important when you're sitting through meetings.

Overall experience - great!

Room Tip: The city noise is noticeable, so the higher you go the more removed you are. South tower rooms give...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bookworm426
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for your review and for the many positive details of your stay. We appreciate you choosing The Westin Seattle to refresh and unwind, and look forward to our next opportunity to be of service. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had an amazing experience at the downtown Seattle Westin. The hotel is located only a few blocks away from the world famous Pike's Place market and the Seattle Space Centre (Needle). You could park the car and walk.

The hotel itself was a 5 star. It was clean, had a nice gym etc. However, I thought charging $41 for parking per night was excessive. Additionally, they wouldn't let my teenage son sign for room service even though I ordered everything for him and told the hotel management it was OK. They probably got burned by somebody previously, there teenage kid ordered in surf and turf with a bottle of Dom, or something to that effect.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be back.

I probably would have given this a 5 star rating

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your visit and found our location centrally located to Pike Place Market and the Monorail to the Space Needle. Our apologies you feel the parking charge was excessive. The rates are competitive with similar hotels in the downtown area and we post the rates on our website to inform our guests in advance. Your comments regarding in-room dining for your son will be shared with our team so we may improve our internal communication. We are sorry for the inconvenience this incident created for you. Thank you again for your review and we appreciate you returning on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Close to all Seattle attractions, including the cruise ship piers and Pike Market Place. Very clean and lobby is always busy with group travel guest. Hotel is very accommodating to special request like late check outs. Has shuttle to Seatac for a fee, rooms are large, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joshua H

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback on our location, cleanliness and special requests. It is rewarding to receive your high rating. Thank you again and we look forward to being of service on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 4 days on a business trip. The hotel was very conveniently located to get to the Convention Center, Pike Place Market, and many local attractions and restaurants. The room was large and modern, clean and well outfitted with snacks and drinks for purchase. Beautiful view, cozy bed, overall great.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jessica G

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and appreciate your high rating. We look forward to welcoming you back on our next visit to Seattle. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here last year and already booked to stay again in September. The Westin is in a great location to walk to Pike's Market and catch the tram to the Seattle center (Space Needle and Experience Music Project & Sci-fi Museum). It's a nice hotel with all the amenities you would expect from a Starwood Property.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CuriosityCocktail
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Husband and I went to Seattle at the end of June and stayed at the Westin. The location was perfect for us. We really just wanted to enjoy the heart of the city. I really enjoyed the program/incentive they have going on in terms of housekeeping. If one decides to go without housekeeping service, one will in turn, receive credit to use at the hotel. I used mine at the downstairs eatery to get a Chai Latte every day. Otherwise, everything was fairly standard. There was no balcony to speak of but the view of the city was quite nice. Waiting for the elevator was a daunting task. The shower had decent pressure. The bedding was comfortable. The room was large. We didn't use any of the extra facilities.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple