“Great Hotel, Needs a little upgrading”
Review of The Westin Seattle

The Westin Seattle
Ranked #45 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Kingston, Washington
“Great Hotel, Needs a little upgrading”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Second time staying here. Stayed 5 days using Starwood Points so I can't comment on the price accurately. Nice hotel, great location, very friendly staff. Workout rooms were functional and clean but the pool was pretty dirty (with hair) and very loud. Hot tub was small and crowded and I think they got a little crazy with the chlorine because I had to open up all the doors so I could breathe!
1st 3 nights we stayed in a smaller room on the 36th floor which had an OK view. The bed was miserably uncomfortable- soft and lumpy- and I woke up the first morning with a bad back that still haunts me. Because the hotel was full I didn't think to mention this to the management. If I had done so, I later learned, they would have brought a board to put under the mattress to make it firmer. My Bad. When I did complain they moved us to a much nicer room with a firm bed and fantastic view. Lesson learned. Got $5 day reward for declining housekeeping. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side- great views of Puget Sound and Space Needle. Let them know if you n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed at Westin Seattle on 7th-8th June and 15th-16th June, pre and post of my cruise vacation on Holland America LIne to Alaska.
Chosen this hotel due to its convenient location and the expected excellent service from Westin.
The check-in was very efficient and the staff was very friendly at both times. Even managed to get my room when I checked in at about 1030 am on the second leg. Maybe because as a Starwood Gold member, priority was given.
On both dates, I was given the room in the North Tower tucked in a quiet corner with a wonderful view of the Seattle Needle. Mostly importantly, loved the Heavenly Bed which is why I always try to stay in Westin. Absolutely heavenly soft comfort that I can enjoy restful sleep each night.

Room Tip: Room in the North Tower is definitely better than the South Tower that I have stayed before.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Indiana
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here for a business meeting. The service was excellent, as I've come to expect from Westin. Everyone (the front desk, front door, room service) was friendly and helpful. The room was quite spacious. It was also very quiet - despite being near the elevator, I never heard noise in the hall. There were only a few small negatives about the room - the air conditioning does not cool down very fast (I had to turn it to the lowest setting just to get it bearable) and the coffeemaker is rigged to where you can't move it, yet it is hard to access. I had a nice view of downtown (could even see some mountains and a little of the water). This hotel is in a great location if you want to explore downtown; it's just a short walk to the waterfront, Pike Place Market, public transportation, and the Space Needle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was at the Westin for the 2013 Rock'n'Roll Seattle half marathon. The hotel had great support for runners in the VIP program. Breakfast just for runners in the morning, free shuttle to the startline and a recovery tent at the finish line complete with massage. Great job!

Green Features: Had heavenly beds and baths. Water saving Tracks water use.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear you participated in the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon and was able to enjoy the benefits of Westin’s partnership. We hope you will return for next year’s event and look forward to being of service once again.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I checked into the hotel at 2am and was very bleary eyed, but it was a good last minute choice.

I stayed here a year ago, and back then the furniture was chipped, and old. It looks like at the least the furniture has been replaced (the tub is still the old one - but big and suitable).

I don't have anything bad to say about the room. I asked for late check out and got it. I wish that I would have been told the rate when I was checking in. The bill was a surprise. Because it was so late into the night, I wasn't able to book online to get any sort of discount, and because I needed a place to sleep, I just booked the room without thinking of how much it would cost.

You can't assume that a guest knows how much they will be paying - especially in the case when this person just walks in at 2am looking for a room.

To sum it up: If you stayed last year and found that the hotel rooms were beat up and a disaster, they have since got better.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
GuestRelationsMgrTWS, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Seattle, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and we are happy to extend a late checkout whenever availability allows. Westin Weekends allow our guests more time to unwind and rejuvenate with an extended checkout time of 3 p.m. on Sundays and extended breakfast hours. We apologize your room rate was not confirmed at check-in and will remind our front office teams of this important step to improve our service. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Excellent Westin in the heart of Seattle. Convenient to the rail line with easy access to the airport. Close enough to walk to Pike Market and the Washington Ferries. Central point for all of the attractions like Space Needle and nearby neighborhoods. Bar has nice happy hour and tasty appetizers. Rooms are large and spacious with comfortable beds and nice amenities. I would highly recommend this property for business or pleasure in the most beautiful city that is Seattle.

Room Tip: Get a room on the highest floor poosible.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. So glad you enjoyed our convenient location to the many sights and sounds of Seattle, and very much appreciate your recommendation of our hotel for business or pleasure. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Thank you again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We decided to stay here one night, while en route from the east coast to Tokyo. My boyfriend travels a lot for work and really likes the Westin, however, he was somewhat disappointed that the building is old - and as the previous reviewer noted, not fully up to Westin standards.

Pro's: Very comfortable bed, no noise from other rooms, some employees friendly and professional.

Con's: Stains on bottom of sheet, dusty corners, mild noise from traffic, some employees rather rude (demanding tip for luggage storage when we would normally tip upon return, then sneering at us when he didn't get it).

For the location, it is still a great choice. Just one block from the Westlake Center transportation hub, and a ten minute stroll to Pike's Place.

Room Tip: The south tower has 40 floors, the north tower slightly more. Choice of water or city view. You ca...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the unprofessional and rude behavior from one of our luggage attendants, and assure you this is not the level of service we normally provide. Additionally, the lack of detailed cleaning is unacceptable. Your comments will be shared with our teams for review and improvement. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to be of service and show you the level of service we both expect. Safe travels to Tokyo! Thank you again.