“Great location”

The Westin Seattle
Ranked #43 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights last July. The location is the best part of the hotel! You can walk to most places and its very close to Pikes market, coffee, bars and if course tons of restaurants. We do enjoy staying downtown when we travel though.
The room was spacious and we upgraded to the deluxe with a water view. The windows are floor to ceiling so we really had an amazing view.
The downside to the hotel is that it's extremely crowded all the time. This was our 2nd stay here (another time in October for a Seahawks game) and there's a lot of people everywhere. If you're looking for a quaint hotel, this is NOT it.
Also, it was a little overpriced for a Westin. We are Starwood members so stay at them often. This sent one of my favorites but it will do because of the service and views.
Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade for a room with a water view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ilove-europ
Write a ReviewReviews (2,747)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Unfortunately this hotel did not live up to the “Starwood” reputation. I am a really easy person to please, but this hotel was horrible. There were dogs in the room next to ours that barked incessantly. Security showed up at our door at 8PM to say that the dog-owners said we were being too noisy. We immediately brought up the barking dogs and they seemed uninterested. We called security 2 more times to complain about the barking dogs…still nothing. Beware of all the fees too. Parking is outrageous $41 overnight to self park at the hotel – we ended up using a lot down the street that was less expensive. Beverages and snacks in the room are extremely overpriced ($5.00 for a coke). And take note that you WILL be charged for items if they get moved even 1 centimeter…really inconvenient when you have small kids who like to touch everything. There is also a $7.00 charge to put anything of your own in the fridge, which is weighted so they will know! What a rip-off. $10 for WiFi. Did I mention the beds are small, saggy and uncomfortable? We stopped in Seattle again a week later and chose not to stay here again. Trust me when I say this: Stay at the Hyatt Place! Free Internet, Free 24 hour shuttle within a mile (they took us to dinner and picked us up and also took us to the aquarium), Free hot breakfast, Free use of the fridge, SUPER friendly staff, nice little café with wine, beer, coffee menu items, parking here is only $20. Best of all…..the bed at Hyatt Place was better than our bed at home!

Room Tip: Ask if you are being placed next to a pet-friendly room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cd5150
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had a great time visiting Seattle and I loved the Westin! Centrally located and awesome room with an amazing view! Within walking distance of great restaurants, night life, and Pikes Place. Perfect for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Centrally located, within walking distance of attractions, dining and public transportation the Westin was a great ending to our most recent trip. The service was fantastic as was the restaurant within the hotel. Clean and well appointed rooms, good views and an excellent staff. Would highly recommend and definitely would stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is circular - almost any room will have some sort of city view, on higher floors you may e...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went on my first Alaskan Cruise in 2010 and i wanted to stay in a very nice hotel. I thought about it long and hard and finally settled on the Westin. I was not disappointed with my stay one bit, the heavenly bed was a welcoming relief to such a long flight all the way from Miami. So in 2013 I went on my 2nd Alaskan Cruise and i chose non other than the Westin, and the service was just as i left it. Close to alot of sights and shopping and the Monorail that goes striaght to the Sky needle. In 2015 I am planning another Alaskan cruise and Westin is still my pick.

Room Tip: Get a room at the top Floors the Views are Amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shawn S
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Ryan the hiker was fantastic at check in/out. Only reason I gave 4 on service was the housekeeping staff who woke us up at 8am on one morning. However hotel handled it amazingly well. The view from our room was breathtaking and I did not even go up the needle-our view was comparable.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've probably stayed at this property 60 times in the last 15 years. It's like a wife. We've had our ups and downs but she's always there for me when I need her.

The driving access is a little funky because of the way Virginia cuts diagonally in front of the hotel. You will figure it out. The lobby and counter area are nice an roomy. They do fill up at peak times. The towers are identical except for the views. Rooms are standard Westin except they have built in beds with lights for reading. The curved building makes the rooms a little oddly shaped.

The only negative is the lack of a really good restaurant on premises. The area around the hotel has hundreds of restaurants so its not a big deal. If your room faces the other tower watch your curtains. Other rooms are visible.

Easy walking to everything downtown. This is a nice predictable hotel that will serve anyone needing a place in Downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: November 2012