3 people are viewing this hotel
$127
Fully refundable before Fri, Apr 26
Get rewarded with One Key
1,746 results
All reviews fireside room hunt club restaurant classic hotel capitol hill valet parking street noise downtown area suite elevator concierge surgery linens fireplace closet uber
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel. The staff is helpful and friendly, there is a beautiful, inviting patio and fire pit out front and they have a nightly wine hour where you can grab a glass, sit outside and enjoy the evening. Their fitness center is pretty nice for an older hotel and I think I’m the only person that actually used it. I did enjoy my stay; however, a few things...it is LOUD outside. There was a constant stream of sirens (next to a hospital) and loud voices. It did not make for a great nights sleep. The AC didn’t work well and I didn’t want to leave the window open because of the noise, so we were a little uncomfortable. The rooms need some updating, there weren’t outlets next to the bed, so I had to plug my phone in across the room. Also, I’d be careful with the description of “walking distance”. It’s a good half hour walk to anything of note with plenty of hills, so if you’re not in great physical shape or have any injuries/trouble walking, you will need to find another way downtown. There weren’t a ton of eateries around, just a few. We had to go out of our way a little bit, and the restaurant in the hotel was way too expensive for what it was. Overall, it was a decent stay but should we return to Seattle, I would probably try to find a hotel closer to the attractions.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank slmyers79
shannon s, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear slmyers79,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review. I am pleased to know that you found the team friendly and helpful. The location is extremely convenient to many great attractions, venues, and art. I am sorry that it did not match up with the places that interested you.

There are many great options in Seattle for lodging, but hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a more perfect experience in the future.

Sincerely, Shannon Sheron, Managing Director.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

After staying at several corporate hotel chains in Seattle, Hotel Sorrento was a breath of fresh air! Gorgeous hotel, lovely and simple room, outstanding customer service. We loved that this hotel was within easy walking distance of all of downtown but slightly off the beaten path. Vintage charm and attention to details at every turn!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Navigator58274438832

Dear Navigator58274438832,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Sorrento.

I was so terribly pleased to read your review. Yes, in a time of sameness, we certainly embody and care about our individual spirit and love that you appreciated and noticed the difference! But what means the most to me is to know how well cared for you were by our great team of service professionals. They truly are the heart and soul of the hotel, and I will be sure to share your kind feedback with our entire team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon. Sincerely, Shannon Sheron, Managing Director

Reviewed May 1, 2019

My friend and I decided to celebrate our 40th birthdays together in your fancy hotel. We were very happy to be upgraded to a suite. The valet parking was wonderful and convenient. The live jazz music was fantastic. We felt like royalty for the one night we stayed at your hotel and plan on coming back. Thank you!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Trek31189420993

Dear Trek31189420993,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Sorrento. We very much appreciate you choosing to celebrate your special occasion with us, and it's great to know that we contributed the the celebration!

But what truly means the most to me knowing that you felt like royalty! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

although valet parking is expensive but we appreciated the staff informing us about street parking which is easy and convenient and affordable. we checked in late and kids were tired. but staff was very nice showing kids the treasure box. they woke up immediately and found toys to play with everyday

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Discover38152389909

Dear Discover38152389909,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Sorrento.

Oh, the treasure box. It has been around for nearly 100 years and the delight and excitement that is created by a child, is priceless to us. We get equal if not greater joy experiencing the delight through our young travelers.

Please visit again! We will have treasures for all!

Reviewed April 30, 2019

It was a clean room real glasses instead of plastic ones which is nice. The honor bar could have been a little cheaper on some things but good variety. Tried to find out abt room service but when I called down my call got dropped.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank GrandTour01947459002

Dear GrandTour01947459002,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Sorrento with other travelers.

I am pleased to know that you found the hotel luxurious!

I have taken your feedback to our guest amenities team and we have reviewed pricing, and reconsidered and brought down the pricing on several of the items offered, in our honor bar.

Thank you for the feedback. We took it!