Hotel Sorrento
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,113 results
All reviewshunt clubfireside roomfrench pressjunior suitemarble bathroomcar servicevirginia mason hospitalclassic hotelsitting roommodern amenitiescorner suitevalet parkingbeautiful hotelan older hotelcapitol hillstreet noiseloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We arrived at 9 am and were able to check in early - which was much appreciated after a long flight. The room, although a bit crowded, (had to squeeze between the side of the bed and desk to get to the bathroom), was beautifully appointed, the sheets were fantastic and the mattress very comfortable. They even have a french press in the room.

They offer a car service within 2 miles of the property which was very handy when it was rainy and windy. The chauffeurs were very knowledgeable and helpful. The concierge suggested a nearby Italian restaurant which was excellent.

The only negative comment I have was that there was a slight smell in the hallway - not sure if this is because of the pet policy. But fortunately, it didi not extend into our room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank letsgo6
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am glad that our valets made an impression and were helpful.
Thank you for all of your comments and I will be investigating the hallway.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My daughter was married in the hotel and we stayed there 4 nights as parents of the bride. (Not sure if we got special treatment from the staff due to that.) It's a beautiful turn of the century boutique hotel with lots of character and top notch accommodations, service, and staff. The suite we stayed in was roomy and the bed was very comfortable. Also, the food was outstanding. Location isn't optimum for sightseeing - it's a bit of a hike if you want to walk to the waterfront and quite a workout walking back. But there is a free hotel shuttle that can get you to and from most downtown attractions. There's no A/C in any room though and even at this time of year with the windows open we couldn't get a cross breeze going to cool the room down. Also, even on the 6th floor there was a fair amount of road noise at all hours.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CRichmond1951

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay during such a special time! Thank you.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have stayed in many of thefinest hotels in downtown Seattle over the years, but my favorite is the Sorrento. I've spent many nights there over the years. It never disappoints. Elegant property. Perfect service. Beautifully decorated and furnished rooms. The finest lobby bar I've ever seen. You can have high tea there also. We walked to downtown (all the way down to Pike Place Market) 3 times in our latest stay. It's quite a climb back up the hill and we're not young, but it's great exercise and there is a lot to see on the way. But if you prefer, the hotel will take you where you want to go if you ask. When you stay, go up to the 7th floor and look at the Top of the Town meeting room and the remarkable view from there. While up there, see if the Penthouse Suite is open (it usually is and you are welcome to wander around). If you were a rock star, that's the suite you would be staying in.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank djess55555

Thank you for the great endorsement! I am glad you got to enjoy the walk to the Pike Place Market. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

At a rate of $149/night, this has got to be one of the best hotel bargains in Seattle. My coworker recommended it (I usually stay at The Maxwell, which I also love), and he was right: this place is a gem, with tons of atmosphere and history, super-welcoming staff, huge and luxurious rooms and bathrooms, a memorable bar (long, narrow, wood panels, jazz in the background), and really great food.

Lots of nice touches:
-when you arrive, they give you a cork from a wine bottle, and you can use it to redeem a glass of wine at the bar (how lovely is that?).
-in the room, there's fresh ground coffee and a French press (I've never seen that before, and it really, really is lovely to make proper coffee in the morning); they also have Mighty Leaf tea bags, which are tasty
-the bathroom has piles of fluffy white towels
-the bed and pillows were top notch; after a great meal and wine, I just kinda sunk into a deep sleep in this fab room
-strong, free wifi
-24 hr gym.

What else? I was in town for work at UW Med School, so the location was perfect.

I have lots of colleagues who come to Seattle for work, and I will be telling them to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gavin Y

Wow! Would you like to work part time in our PR department?!
Thank you so much for the flattering review. I have shared your comments with our staff and they want to send a thank you. I am glad that our location was convenient for you and that you got to enjoy some of our unique programs, like the cork!
Thanks again.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there 3 nights recently and quite enjoyed it. My king sized suite was fantastic and after the first night I was less spooked by all the ghostly talk on line about this and a few other seattle hotels! This place is a 1909 gem. On top of a hill,quite a steep climb. Front desk service varied greatly from cool efficiency to warm and helpful. Door staff and concierge were ok,nothing outstanding. Sometimes I felt like they didn't see me. Not too good,servicewise. But my suite was comfy and the bed was great and marble bathroom a real treat. One block away is Thai Star restaurant a really tasty place with affordable and quick,friendly service. Go!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback. i sincerely appreciate your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your ghost free stay!
I am sorry that our valets were not helpful. I am truly embarrassed and assure you that this issue has been addressed. Thank you again for bringing it to our attention.