“Sorrento”
Review of Hotel Sorrento

Hotel Sorrento
Ranked #24 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Superb boutique hotel. The service is excpetional. Two constructive thoughts: 1) Bathroom was small with little room to lay out your toilettries. 2) Some high travel areas in the hotel need some touch up. Parking cost ($39/nt) is higher than accustomed to, but seems to be about the norm for other hotels in the area. The restaurant across the street provides a very good breakfast at about half the cost. Would defintely stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for your honest feedback. I appreciate your comments and thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Sincerely appreciate your observations and I will be discussing with our team. Thank you.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have not yet stayed at the Sorrento Hotel, but I have heard many nice things about the property. I chatted with Ms. Jackie at the front desk and she was very delightful to speak with. I needed to change my reservation and right away she noticed it was our 15 yr anniversary and hoped that she was the one that checked us in. Anyhow I needed to change a few things and she was very helpful in making my arrangements happen. I look forward to my June 1st Stay.... Respectfully yours. TJM

PS.. Will write more after my trip!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to submit such kind words, even before you have stayed!
I am extremely happy that we have made a positive impression already. I have passed your comments on to Jackie and you have made her day! We are lucky to have her.
Looking forward to your upcoming visit and please let us know if we can make any special arrangements for your special event. See you soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Sorrento when family was gathering in Seattle. It was a hectic week for us and we were in and out quite a bit. The valets and staff were always welcoming and prompt at any hour. It was especially nice to return in the evening, turn over the car, then stop in the fireside lounge for a nightcap - including the evenings with really good jazz groups. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words. I have shared your comments with our valet staff and they are thrilled that they made such an impression. Hope to see you in the Fireside Lounge again soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Room 411 is below kitchen +dining area on 7th floor.Clang,bang,thump from 5:50AM to 10:30 PM on 2 of 3 night stay. Was offered free parking +$75.As repeat customer will not returrn to facility which is in need of upgrading also,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank David W

Thank you for your honest feedback. I am sincerely sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to discuss our shortcomings. Please let me know a good time to contact you. I want to offer a sincere apology and want you to know that I am very disappointed that our staff was unable or unaware to resolve these issues while you were here. Hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Sorrento is an elegant oasis slightly removed from the major congestion of downtown Seattle. It is a smaller, very personalized hotel. The rooms are all individually decorated and many have outstanding views of Puget Sound. Considering what you get, the rooms prices are not exorbitant. There is a beautiful dining room and handsome public areas. This century-old, stately brick hotel is a standout in a city which has quite a few choices of first-class lodging.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are especially nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Peter V

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a kind review. Thrilled that you found us to be a "hidden" gem! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I've stayed at the Sorrento annually for several years. The location is close to Capital Hill and the Swedish Medical Center. It is easy to acess from the freeway. My room has always been large and comfortable, but at times traffic noise on Madison Ave. can be disturbing. The staff is always efficient and helpful. The Hunt Bar is cool but I think the restaurant food can use some improvement. Wifi is free and works well. The only thing that irked me was the $39 parking fee per night. I did not realize that when I booked the room but if you do the math that is 26% of the room rate. So if you room rate is $149 which appears quite reasonable, bu the time you add the $39 for parking and then $30 for tax it feels like you are buying an airline ticket where half of the cost is 'hidden' through baggage charges and taxes. However, I would still recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Obtain a room that does not face Madison Ave. (or whatever it is called),
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this kind review. Our staff wants to sincerely thank you for your comments regarding service.
I apologize for the cost of downtown parking and wish we had a better option. I am thrilled that we continue to be your choice of accomidations for your annual visit. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is our second year enjoying the beauty and warmth of the Sorrento for our anniversary. It is such a pleasure to have a staff that knows how to treat their clientele.

The room is roomy and the bed and bedding are so first class! Wine bar/French press, doesn't that tell you something about their attention to detail?

The Fireside Lounge is warm and cozy without being "stuffy". Fireplace, piano and jazz, ahhh peacefulness.

Hunt Club, outstanding service and the food was exceptional. The martini and wines were outstanding.

Did I mention how much we love this place?? Thanks Sorrento for doing it all Perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

You have made my day! Thank you so much for the kind praise!