“A city jewel”
Review of Hotel Sorrento

Hotel Sorrento
Ranked #28 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is the best Seattle hotel experience. The rooms and beds are so comfortable, in fact I purchased their pillow for home. This boutique hotel caters to your every whim and offers amenities and services you won't soon forget. The hotel is walking distance to everything the city has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your kind words! So glad you enjoyed our bedding, I forget how spoiled we are! Sleep tight.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We decided to do something different for Thanksgiving: go to a hotel for a good dinner and change of scene. The Sorrrento Hotel has been perched on First Hill in Seattle since 1909 and retains much of its original charm, especially in the comfortable Fireside Room - the place for tea, drinks, music and snacks. The heavy beamed ceiling, wood-paneled walls and comfortable furniture are warmed by a fireplace decorated with Rockwood Pottery tile work. Near the elevators menus from past times are posted for guests' amusement. Thanksgiving in 1921 ($2.00) featured turtlesoup, oysters, sweetbread patties, roast suckling pig, turkey with chestnut dressing, plum pudding, fruitcake and cheese.

Our dinner was excellent and generous but "only" three courses - more than we could eat.

We were welcomed at reception with two corks to be turned in for glasses of house red or white in the Fireside Room or in our room. We decided to upgrade to a suite on the top floor. It was large and well furnished with quality bedding and towels, a two-room bathroom - one with a large jetted tub and twin shower heads. The walls were decorated with original artwork and the wi-fi was free. The french-press coffee maker made wonderful coffee in the morning.

The room service menu was unusual: it included a dog menu for those who brought Fido along: Wild salmon and chard, scrambled eggs and sweet potato, or ground beef and peas all served with Bowser "beer" and other treats. Briefly considered ordering some as it sounded delicious even tho' we don't have a dog.

The hotel is not in the shopping district or on the waterfront but a van service is available at no charge. They do have a fitness center although we didn't use it. Valet parking is a convenience.

Room Tip: No rooms are alike, even the suites, so if you're fussy it might be good to talk to reception wh...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow! Thank you so, so much for such a flattering review. You have reminded me of why I chose the hospitality industry as a career. I am so glad that we were able to make a Holiday memory.
I have passed your comments on to Chef Gilmore regarding our pet friendly menu and you made his day!

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here before our doctor's appointment .
that was before happy hour . the fire was nice and inviting in the fireplace, not the restaurant .
It reminds us of old hotels in Philadelphia New York .
The happy hour looks great and we would love to return for dinner .
only regret is that Valet parking is quite costly for an hour of afternoon tea . 10 dollars plus if you want to tip .
I think if anyone wants to go to the restaurant it should be free of charge
I perceive they said they do not charge if you have dinner
. they are hurting themselves ...
everyone very welcoming and very kind .

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for taking the time for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our Tea Service. I apologize for the price of Downtown parking and honestly wish we had a better option. One of the draw backs of a 100 year old, Iconic hotel is the lack of a garage. I hope we see you again for Happy Hour!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Dont hesitate to call the Sorrento
They are an older but classic & interesting property.
Always clean & comfty..Great linens
The workers are always knowledgeable & friendly
Love that TOWN CAR
Hate driving after wineing & dining at Itialian In Pioneer Square "Il Teresso Carmine"
Owner Mark in wine country Cozy Rose Inn

Room Tip: Choose the 00 rooms ..Bigger & corner
Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow. Thank you so much! I have passed on your comments to our staff! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here on a friend's recommendation. I usually stay at my Starwood properties but she convinced me that the Sorrento was worth a try. She could not have been more right. The service was amazing in every way. This hotel is historical and has a grand historic feel about it which I loved. They focus on the details like offering a free glass of wine when you check in, providing big fluffy robes, an in-room french press with some fresh locally-roasted coffee and the beds are above heavenly...lots of huge pillows and a gorgoeus comfy duvet. I could have stayed in bed all day! Unfortunately my meeting called.... This is my new Seattle favorite, I will stay here every time I return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SFTravelingNewlyweds

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad you enjoyed our ammenities and that we made such an impression. Hope to see you again soon (when you can stay in bed ALL day!)

Reviewed November 7, 2012

A perfect mix of old-fashioned cosiness with live music at night and quiet time to read a book by the fireplace during day. Absolutely a good atmosphere in this old establishment:)

What really sold this place in addition to its atmosphere and its perfect position down town, was the staff. The staff we met went above and beyond to serve its guests. They ran to get your car, they popped out of no where when the coffee pot was empty and they always smiled, remembered you from last time and gave that little extra that made you feel special. A very rare experience.

The rooms are were clean and nice. Only complaint was that the shower in our room was very low - (I am 5.7 feet).

We only tried breakfast at the hotel. It was ok - which was a bit disappointing when everything else was "so good". Adding really good coffee and improving the food a little would significantly change impression of the restaurant. But we're in Seattle - there are lots of cafes and breakfast restaurant close by.

All in all - a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Some of the suites will have windows towards the streets and some might feel there is a bit of noise...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this kind review. Your comments regarding our staff has made my day! We sincerely strive to exceed our guests expectations and it is very satisfying to hear we are succeeding!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently booked the Sorrento Hotel for my first trip to Seattle and in celebration of my 50th Birthday. The experience could not have been better. From the arrival with our Pick up at the Amtrak train station to the beautiful and comfortable room, the homey lounge with fireplace and the excellent and attentive staff it was a most enjotable stay. I definately would return. We loved the presspot coffee service in the room also, much nicer then a drip machine.
The location was also convenient to all the to do items on my list. I absolutely recommend it.

Room Tip: any room would be a good room at the Sorrento
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott M

I am so glad that we could play a part in your special event! I am truely happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again soon.