“Exceptional service and the best beds you will ever sleep in!”
Review of Hotel Sorrento

Hotel Sorrento
Ranked #21 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here on a friend's recommendation. I usually stay at my Starwood properties but she convinced me that the Sorrento was worth a try. She could not have been more right. The service was amazing in every way. This hotel is historical and has a grand historic feel about it which I loved. They focus on the details like offering a free glass of wine when you check in, providing big fluffy robes, an in-room french press with some fresh locally-roasted coffee and the beds are above heavenly...lots of huge pillows and a gorgoeus comfy duvet. I could have stayed in bed all day! Unfortunately my meeting called.... This is my new Seattle favorite, I will stay here every time I return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SFTravelingNewlyweds
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad you enjoyed our ammenities and that we made such an impression. Hope to see you again soon (when you can stay in bed ALL day!)

There are newer reviews for Hotel Sorrento

Reviewed November 7, 2012

A perfect mix of old-fashioned cosiness with live music at night and quiet time to read a book by the fireplace during day. Absolutely a good atmosphere in this old establishment:)

What really sold this place in addition to its atmosphere and its perfect position down town, was the staff. The staff we met went above and beyond to serve its guests. They ran to get your car, they popped out of no where when the coffee pot was empty and they always smiled, remembered you from last time and gave that little extra that made you feel special. A very rare experience.

The rooms are were clean and nice. Only complaint was that the shower in our room was very low - (I am 5.7 feet).

We only tried breakfast at the hotel. It was ok - which was a bit disappointing when everything else was "so good". Adding really good coffee and improving the food a little would significantly change impression of the restaurant. But we're in Seattle - there are lots of cafes and breakfast restaurant close by.

All in all - a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Some of the suites will have windows towards the streets and some might feel there is a bit of noise...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this kind review. Your comments regarding our staff has made my day! We sincerely strive to exceed our guests expectations and it is very satisfying to hear we are succeeding!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently booked the Sorrento Hotel for my first trip to Seattle and in celebration of my 50th Birthday. The experience could not have been better. From the arrival with our Pick up at the Amtrak train station to the beautiful and comfortable room, the homey lounge with fireplace and the excellent and attentive staff it was a most enjotable stay. I definately would return. We loved the presspot coffee service in the room also, much nicer then a drip machine.
The location was also convenient to all the to do items on my list. I absolutely recommend it.

Room Tip: any room would be a good room at the Sorrento
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott M

I am so glad that we could play a part in your special event! I am truely happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The charm of this hotel is its rich history and location in downtown Seattle. The hotel was clean and well-kept and the housekeeping staff did a great job with our room. The hotel staff is very professional, friendly and accommodating. An in house restaurant, the Hunt Club, plus many other eating choices are within easy walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank You so much for the kind words. I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled that they made an impression. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed for business and will certainly return. A charming, beautiful, exceptionally clean hotel with friendly, smiling staff, very comfortable accommodations and well above-average food. Every staff member I encountered smiled and greeted me. A few remembered my name as I passed the desk first day after check-in. A real find in Seattle!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind comments. I have shared your feedback with our staff and they want to sincerely thank you. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and meals, while you were here. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We loved the wonderful atmosphere and charm of the Sorrento. It's a beautiful hotel and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Its location at the top of a steep hill makes for a somewhat challenging walk when returning from the sights of downtown Seattle, but the walk into the city is great. We took advantage of the free shuttle one evening and were pleased with the service. Our room was very comfortable and very pretty. However, the jolt of cold water that came in the shower whenever the bathroom sink was used simultaneously wasn't all that fun. We would also have liked it if the restaurant stayed open past 9pm. We walked around the neighborhood one night and couldn't find anywhere to eat. Luckily, the room service at the Sorrento was top notch. Being a bit out of the way has its merits, but we would have preferred to be closer to more dining options. Overall, the hotel's charm and character won us over and we'd definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jande26

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide honest feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff! I am sorry you did not care for our location and hope that our complimentry town car made things easier. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.

Sorrrento Hotel

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We spent our wedding night at the Sorrento 25 years ago and decided to go back for our silver anniversary. So glad we did! We were upgraded to a large, lovely suite with a super comfortable bed and windows looking out at the city. The room was deluxe but the service at the hotel was even better. We were greeted as if we are valued guests and treated wonderfully throughout our stay. The staff even left an anniversary greeting in our room! I don't know that this hotel would meet the needs of every traveler, but for a local couple looking for a special way to celebrate, the Sorrento was just perfect. We don't plan to wait another 25 years to return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank barnhok
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Wow! Thank you so much for such kind praise. We are so happy that we were able to make your special event so...special! It is comments like this, that remind me of why I chose to be in the hospitality industry. I and my staff sincerely thank you!