“A Night At The Sorrento”
Review of Hotel Sorrento

Hotel Sorrento
Ranked #22 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed as much for business as pleasure as I spent my time engaged in the annual 24 Hour Comics Day challenge where an artist has the goal of drawing a comic narrative throughout the night. This was October 20 -21. The Sorrento, as a setting and inspiration for my work, proved to be an excellent choice. This hotel has plenty of charm for guests and for those who come for dinner or a drink. There is great attention to detail in the choice and character of decor giving you a very lively vintage. The staff are on thier toes and provide you friendly and efficient service. I will just have to keep coming back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! I hope you were pleased with the turn out and we enjoyed having you! I have shared your comments with the staff and we want to offer you a very sincere thank you! We appreciate it.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Sorrento

Reviewed October 22, 2012

It had been a few months since we had stayed at The Sorrento Hotel and, yet again, we were impressed by the superior customer service. The staff is always very polite, friendly and helpful. We wish we could have stayed more than one night. This location is a short distance from all of the lively downtown offerings. If you don't feel like room service, the cafe across the street is super for breakfast and there are several other restaurants, drugstores, etc...on the surrounding blocks. Also, the hotel offers a shuttle service to wherever you need to go within a few miles. We don't stay anywhere else in Seattle.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us again! I am thrilled that we continue to please. Please let me know the next time your planning to visit, I would love to get you into our restaurant for breakfast and try our new breakfast happy hour! :)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a fabulous 4 night stay at the Sorrento - the first stop of my 50th birthday holiday. And what a perfect start it was! Arrived exhausted after being up for over 24 hours and warmly greeted by the friendly staff with a "happy birthday". We were upgraded to a wonderful Sorrento King Suite - gorgeous bedroom and sitting room. Everything spotlessly clean and so comfy. Gorgeous flowers and wine waiting for me as ordered by my OH, but also a lovely card, chocolates and wine from the hotel. We loved the Sorrento - it's a hotel with great warmth and character and the staff can't do too much for you. Had a lovely meal in the restaurant - with a surprise birthday delicious dessert cake with candle! Car valet worked a treat. Location was good - we happily walked just about everywhere in Seattle, but sometimes took a cab back up the hill. If we're lucky enough to return to Seattle, we will definitely stay at the Sorrento.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for such kind praise! I am so glad to hear that we were able to be apart of making your Birthday special. I am sincerely pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We found the Sorrento Hotel in Seattle while looking for a "reasonably priced" place to stay in expensive downtown Seattle. it was wonderful!! The hotel is patterned after a hotel in Sorrento, Italy and is within waliking distance to downtown. Walking into the lobby gives you the sense you are in Europe; very beautiful carved woods and "living room" space with a fireplace. The rooms are beautifully appointed with a bed you can sink into with it's down comforters and pillows. The bathroom is carrera marble, super clean and beautiful! The lobby had a piano player and singer in the evening and they even give you a free glass of wine to sit and enjoy the ambience. A real winner!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Artie-O
RandallObrecht, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind comments! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our location. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here for 8 nights early in July. Selected this hotel based on earlier reviews here, but we didn't realize how far away from everything the hotel was. They have a courtesy car which will take you around for free, but it's shared by all the guests and not always available. We like to walk around when we travel, which we quickly discovered was going to be though here, the hotel is located on the top of a hill.

Aside from the location the staff was friendly and the hotel had a really nice atmosphere. The room was nice and clean with a really comfortable bed. The only thing bad about our room was that we could hear everything the people in the room next door was talking about.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thomfre

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am so sorry that you did not care for our location. I would love the opportunity to discuss with you directly and offer a proper apology.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Lovely hotel, a little further from downtown than I expected but there is a courtesy car that will take you within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. My room was very nice with a huge king bed and lots of comfy pillows. There was also a chaise lounge and very nice bathroom. Wifi was included. There's lots of wood panelling and has the olde-worlde feel about it which is nice. If I visited Seattle again, I would stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ging466

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a nice reveiw! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our town car. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just a short stay this time - two nights - but wonderful.

We booked a junior suite, but were upgraded to a full suite for a very low price.

The room was very clean. Living room, bedroom & bathroom with all the amenities we needed; fridge, ironing board, televisions in both rooms, wonderful bath products, robes and a nice downtown view.

The beds are very comfortable, with a selection of pillows to suit your taste.

Although the fridge is stocked with a selection of wine & been, it wasn't one of those horrible weighted ones (they ding you as soon as you remove something.) This was great because we wanted to store some of our own beverages. Of course we replaced the hotels products when we left.

The staff was incredible, supplying great advice on how to get around the city on foot (Seattle is a great walking city) and supplying us with dinner reservations to an outside restaurant.

My husband had breakfast in the restaurant both mornings (I'm a late sleeper) and he raved about the food both days. Bacon!

We both had drinks in the Hunt club (one night with friends), and everyone loved their beverages and the service.

It's not a cheap hotel, but worth every penny. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review! We are thrilled that you stayed with us again and enjoyed your stay.
I have passed your kind words on to our staff and especially Chef!
Hope to see you again soon.