The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
$279
$292
Cancelon
4,047 results
All reviewswaterfront roomwater viewbeatles suitegas fireplacetrain noiseclaw foot tubcruise shipcity viewteddy bearvictoria clipperspace needlepuget soundelliot baywater frontseattle waterfrontbeautiful hotelvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2010

I spent the best 3 days ever at the edgewater. The staff was great. The hotel was beautiful and the resturant was amazing. Waking up to the view of the bay was phenomenol. I can't imagine Seattle any better.

• Stayed: August 2010
DaveCocks, General Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2010

Your comments are what we hear all the time from our guests. This is indeed Seattle's finest and we love to be able to claim we are the ONLY Waterfront hotel in Seattle. We hope to welcome you back very soon. Thank you

Reviewed December 12, 2010

My girlfriend and I went on a vacation to Seattle and wanted to do it right! We spent a couple weeks trying to narrow down some hotels, but it started to become daunting. We had specifically ruled The Edgewater out for numerous reasons (the main being the large number of bad reviews we were constantly reading about it), but we waited until the day before and for some reason decided to do priceline and let fate decide. We wanted four star for fairly cheap ($109/nt) and close to town. When we were accepted and it The Edgewater we were kind ofdisappponted. When we got there the first night and saw our room we quickly realized why we got the dealwe did. It was a city side, of course, but the view
is still really cool! Well, that night my girlfriend didn't sleep one hour because of the train noise and the rain on the all metal roof of the hotel (I personally love both of those sounds and could sleep all night to them all night). Shewentdown at 6am to the front desk and explained her issues with them. They were incredible about it. They upgraded us to a water view king with clawfoot tub and 50" flatscreesn and AMAZING view of the water, at no extra charge!!! That's four star! Unlined the bar in the hotel! The happy hour is fantastic while you watch the freighters roll in! Also the housekeeper, Idalia was the reason we stayed four nights and felt like royalty! She should get a raise. She wasn't even working yet and dropped what she was doing to grab us more coffee condiments when we couldn't find anyone else around!!! Thanks Idalia! You and the rest of the staff were great! The valets are top notch and everyone should take a lesson from this staffs playbook! Kudos to The Edgewater! The only negative thing i could think
Tomsay would be the price of their patking...but its a big city! What do you expect? Having a rental car ther is key. Seatllemis an easy town to get around. Edgewater to west Seattle in 8-10 minutes! Word!
Say

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 30, 2010

The website needs to update the pictures of this hotel--there is so much false advertising! First, the photos do not correctly display the TACKY decor of the rooms. We also found the hotel to be dirty and the carpeting needs to be changed throughout the hotel. There were many places where the carpet was frayed and torn. The website refers to this hotel as a 4 star?????!!!! Are they serious????? It scares me to think of what a 3 star hotel would be in Seattle! This hotel is also not convenient to downtown. The website states that the hotel is in the heart of downtown Seattle.......another false advertisement. It is actually not in the best of areas. Don't let the website fool you into thinking that you will be near Pike's Market or other amenities in the downtown Seattle area! It is quite the walk! And not necessarily in the safest of walking areas! You will need to take a cab many times......oh, I forgot! They do have a shuttle service every hour, but make sure that you get there early.......it is a "first come, first serve basis!!!!!" When the shuttle is full then you have to wait another hour!!! My mother and I had to get a cab (one of many from this hotel) because the shuttle was full!!!!!!!!!! The only nice view from this hotel is a room smack in the middle of the hotel. At least from this part of the hotel you will have a nice view of the water and islands......the one and only "perk" from this hotel. The other rooms have herendous views of the concrete docking area and parking lots. Oh, yes........let's not forget........if you like to hear the roaring sound of a train then you will love the city view (or should we say, "parking lot views?"). I would not stay in this hotel again......NEVER! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I think staying in a youth hostel would be better! 4 star! HA! That is so funny!!!

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank acwc
DaveCocks, General Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

We always appreciate hearing feedback from our customers; both the good and the not so good as it allows us to refine our offerings but correct any service issues. Let me reassure you and all of our readers that we are a 4 Star property and have recently been notified by AAA that for the fifth year we again have received the Four Diamond rating from them. The pictures on our website are actual photos of our rooms, suites and public areas. We are also excited to announce that our ownership is in the process of putting together a renovation plan for the Edgewater for our guest rooms which will be completed by mid 2011.

As many postings have stated, we are conveniently located to the heart of downtown Seattle and within walking distance to many of the attractions that Seattle is noted for. I am sorry you felt we were too far for you and your mother to make the walk. Our free shuttle service is first come first serve and the City of Seattle always offers many free transportation options for visitors.

Our water front location does provide some of the finest views in the city that any hotel can offer. Yes, our waterfront rooms do cost more than our city view rooms, however, many find the city view a perfect fit for their budget not to mention great views of the Space Needle and downtown skyline.

Again, we appreciate your opinions and thank you for your time in posting them.

Reviewed November 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed here on one of our date nights in Seattle. I really wanted a romantic time, just a get-a-way for the two of us. We stayed at the Edgewater before a couple of years back, so we had expectations that were set previously. This visit wasn’t the greatest. First, the hotels maid staff, guest service and valet were great! The room was nice; however it overlooked the valet area. I didn’t think too much of this until nightfall when the population of people coming and going multiplied. It wasn’t too bad at first as the valet got the cars and kept people moving, however once finished, they became very loud. So I closed the windows, this did the trick however for some reason the heat in our room skyrocketed. With my wife sleeping I didn’t want to call for service so I dealt with it. The room got up to 76 according to the thermostat; however, it felt much hotter than that. So I opened the window. Now I have to choose between being cool and have a very noisy background, or being quite an uncomfortable with the room temp. Not a good place to be.
I was really disappointed. The last time we stayed there I have nothing but raving reviews. I’m not sure we’ll stay there again, as I would rather spring for the addition money and stay at the Hilton.

Next, I really think that they should adjust the cost of some things. Okay, 500ml of water will cost you $4.00; a packet of M&Ms will cost you $3.50, $8.50 for the mini-bottle of liquor. I’ve stayed at a lot of hotels but I think this was a little over the top. Not to mention the $33.00 plus tax per day for valet. I mean come on now.

It is my opinion that that you should spend your money elsewhere. You’ll get much more in return for it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael T
DaveCocks, General Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

We appreciate the time you took to post your comments. And thank you for the nice comments about our staff. We are very proud of them!.
I am sorry to learn of the difficulty you experienced with the heat control in your room. The room temperature should have been controlled by the thermostat and it sounds like it was not working properly. We do frequent maintenance inspections to insure all is in working order.
And yes, our front door does become very busy as our lounge, restaurant and wedding business thrives at night. I am sorry the hustle and bustle and noise was an issue.
Our pricing for valet parking and also the private bar selections in the room are competitive with like hotels in this market. In fact our parking is on the lower side of the price range for down town Seattle hotels.
The Edgewater has provided many great experiences and memories to people for almost 50 years. We get rave reviews about our waterside rooms while many adore the Seattle skyline from out city view rooms. I am hopeful you will come back and we will do everything we can to regain your satisfaction.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 19, 2010

I had the best hotel experience of my life at this hotel! Right beside the Clipper so very convienient for travellers coming from Victoria with no car. We had an ocean view room and cruise ships passed back and forth the entire stay. The lights at night time were a beautiful view from the bed and the shower was amazing with a raining showerhead and glass walls with no door. The hotel was so uniquely decorated. The location is so close to eveything. I only want to stay here when i go to Seattle from now on.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
DaveCocks, General Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2010

Thank you for your wonderful comments about The Edgewater. For almost 50 years, this hotel has provided travelers such as yourself some wonderful experiences and memories.

We are very happy that you loved the hotel and hope you will return soon!