We stayed there pre-cruise for an excellent Priceline rate. You can't get a better location if you are going on an NCL cruise, we walked one block to the cruise terminal. The staff was friendly, and upgraded us for free to a larger room when they saw we had a family. BUT:
(1) The carpet in the hallways and elevator was dirty.
(2) The staff was incompetent. For example, our key card stopped working. The person at the front desk insisted on sending an engineer to check the door lock instead of letting us try a new key in case the old one got demagnetized. Waited 20 minutes for the engineer. Verdict: The key card was demagnetized, a new one solved the issue.
(3) Many of the rooms have beautiful water views, but others face the rail tracks and are subject to freight cars 24/7. The windows were pretty good, but you still get some noise.
(4) The staff didn't seem to have basic information about Seattle.
More generally, the hotel looked like it had seen better days. For pre-cruise and <$100, it's a decent deal. But I would have been sorely disappointed if I had paid the normal $200 plus rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the edge of Pier 67, The Edgewater hotel offers an easy walk to Seattle downtown vibrancy, stunning views and lodge luxury. Surround yourself with the beauty of the majestic Olympic Mountains, the sparkling waters of Elliott Bay and the velvety-pink sunsets of the Northwest sky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.