5,029 results
All reviews waterfront room water view gas fireplace train noise claw foot tub cruise ship city view victoria clipper space needle puget sound elliot bay water front seattle waterfront beautiful hotel ferris wheel valet parking happy hour
Selected filters
Reviewed October 9, 2006

Booked "Family Suite" so my husband and mother don’t to sleep in the same room. Beds were not in "separate rooms" they were 2ft from eachother. Total gimick to charge more money. No draws for clothes, 4 hangers in the closet, you live out of your suitcase. No tubs, only stand up showers. Room was clean. Front desk and restaurant staff seemed to be inconvenienced by any request. 98’ weather w/sun beating off the water, we had to eat on the balcony because no kids allowed in lounge. We were treated like loiterers not like paying customers. Front desk not sympathetic, didn't care about our satisfaction. Hidden fees $25/ngt valet parking, $15/ngt crib, etc.

Date of stay: July 2006
2  Thank tigereye473482
Reviewed October 8, 2006

First off, book a full waterfront view room. It's no fun having a view of the parking lot with a city side view or only some of the water with a partial water view room. The hotel rooms have been redecorated/remodeled during the past year. Some rooms have very nice bathrooms with a shower, slate floors and claw foot bathtub. These are very nice. Open the sliding doors to the bathroom and view the water while taking a bath. The hotel is pet friendly which is great if your little friend is with you. Our dog loves it! The room has a fireplace and the entire setting is very romantic. The waterfront is wonderful to watch, there is continual ferry traffic, some merchant ship traffic and on some days, there may be multiple cruise ships. Sunsets can be gorgeous over the Olympic Mountains in the distance. If you do stay in a city side room, either eat in the hotel or have a drink in the lobby, there are very large windows with a view of the water. We've stayed at the Edgewate for 10 years and have always found the entire staff to be very helpful and friendly. The hotel charges to park your car in the lot in which is a bit of a rip off. The hotel is pricey but well worth it for a nice getaway.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank Shaymur
Reviewed September 25, 2006

We had a room with a balcony on the water side. What a treat! Open some wine, bask in the sun, and watch the cruise ships come in. The air conditioner was loud all night, but other than that, it was amazing!

5  Thank Amelia73
Reviewed September 25, 2006

The main reason for our trip was to see the Mariners play baseball. Yes I'm being serious. We arrived early and they already had our room ready. We paid $20 more per night and up-graded to the ocean view. Man was it worth it. We slept with the window open every night and never got cold with the blankets they provide. Happy hour in the hotel bar is a must,(great prices.) The shower in the bathroom was nice and they provded the best hotel bar soap I have ever had. I only wish that they sold it in the store or online but they dont. The view of the Needle at night was amazing. Someone else posted they heard trains all night. I however never heard a train while I was trying to sleep. If I ever return to Seattle I will be staying at the Edgewater, no questions asked.

8  Thank skissel778
Reviewed August 23, 2006

The Edgewater is probably a fantastic hotel if you pony up the bucks and book a waterfront guestroom with panoramic view. The view from the sitting area in the lobby is fantastic as is the view from their restaurant, Six Seven.

My room was small--New York City small, and I'm not into the rustic, log cabin look, but whatever. The gas fireplace which also serves as the heat source for the room is a nice touch, but it wasn't cold enough to use it. My room overlooked the porticochere with a view of the parking lot and the railroad tracks. Yes, I said railroad tracks. For those who like to sleep when they're visiting a hotel, know that the trains do run through the night. And yes, they are loud. And no, you won't sleep.

• Trip type: Traveled on business