“Excellent location, cozy room”

The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #41 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Benton City, Washington
“Excellent location, cozy room”
Reviewed April 2, 2009

We had only a one night stay, but it was a lovely room and a great location. We were able to walk to Pike Place in 10 mins. along the water for shopping and dinner. Our room was small, with a "city view", but cozy and comfortable. The shower was the best part! Fits two people with a really cool shower head tall enough for my husband. He was impressed. The $30 price tag for parking is utterly ridiculous. We parked on the street for free (it was Sunday). And they charge $10 for wifi. Ugh, I hate that. The bar and restaurant were hopping, but we didn't eat or drink there. Very pretty view. Lobby was nice too.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MVPgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,430)
san diego
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Very surprised at these reviews, went back and looked after my stay. Left my phone charger in my room and Christine was prompt in getting back to me and getting the charger out in the mail. Would go back in a minute. Loved the view and the fireplace.

North Carolina
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Booked two nights at $82 through Priceline. Much cheaper than the $200+ for comparable hotels downtown. It was an easy cab ride from Sea-Tac, $43 with tip.

Staff was great, but was offered the same $30 upgrade bit as mentioned in reviews below. Actually annoying as hell to hear this pitch. (Just don't accept my Priceline bid if you need to upcharge me to get a room worth a crap.) And no one should be put into the rooms closest to the street unless that is the last resort.

Room was #205 and was a long walk that took me as close to the railroad tracks as possible. Trains ran pretty heavy around the 9-10 pm window, but were pretty quiet after that. Truth be told with the sliding doors closed you could not really hear much noise. (Had to keep the windows open for a while to cool off the room that was hot as blazes) Overall I would liken it to a stay in any large noisy downtown.

Room was okay, and bathrooms were nicely appointed. Breakfast was a priced appropriatley for a business travelerand it was nice to eat on the water.

I would not book a romantic weekend at this hotel unless I was paying full fare...the priceline room with its view of the street, and eye level to pedestrians just would not keep a good vibe. Would not recommend this if you are expecting a 4star, but it is okay for a business traveler expecting a 3 star room and looking to save a few bucks.

I have heard that a lot of operaters treat Priceline referrals like crap, this is the first hotel that has proved this myth true. Poor word of mouth is from the customers getting a "deal" is just as damaging as those paying full fare. Management here should learn to NOT treat Priceline customers as second class citizens. Sticking customers next to dumpsters and train tracks when you have better rooms available for "upgrade" is bush league at best. With occupancy down you need all the goodwill you can get. Guess I'll go back to paying full fare at Hotel 1000 for the rest of my stays.

3 Thank usd2busmc
Seattle, WA
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I want to make it clear that I am not a picky guest at most hotels, but when I am told I'm getting a 4 star hotel, I hope to see something decent. Don't even think about booking this hotel through priceline if you don't plan to put any money into an upgrade. Here's the deal: They stick you in a room that has a view of the hotel dumpster or on the first floor next to the train tracks with the bell dinging all night. Was the unupgraded room a four star room? Ha, not even a 3 star at best. I'm a local, and one of the only reasons I booked this hotel is for the view. The door didn't even lock. I had to pull the door shut to ensure it locked. To get out of that dump hole, I asked how much an upgrade was and they quoted me $30. This hotel was next to empty during the time I stayed so they could have atleast comped it. Nope. I decided I'd prefer to pay $30 and not look at a dumpster since I already invested $100 into the hotel expecting SOME water view. This time I got a room on the 4th floor with a view of both the city and the water. The view was nice and the bathroom was nice. The room itself was small small small but since I booked a king bed room, I got a balcony. Another important thing to note, only rooms with a king bed have balconies. If you are after two doubles, your not getting a balcony.

The views were wonderful of the water, but the hotel itself is not nearly a 4 star hotel. I hardly think it was a 3.5 star. The lobby is beautiful so enjoy it.
I hope your stay is better than mine.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank inspiration100
Coolhandluke162
Reviewed March 18, 2009

My wife and I recently travelled to Seattle for a business convention and were looking for a place that had great views of the sound and was not downtown. The Edgewater definitely did not disappoint with the views, they were great. We had a room that overlooked the water. The rooms were well spaced and had a very lodge like feeling to them. The location was great, within walking distance to Pike Place market...although if the weather was bad, it would have been too long of a walk. But there are some great seafood restaurants about a block or two down the street. We ate at Anthony's one night and it was great. I noticed that the hotel charged for parking, which I always think is very cheap. We also ate at the restaurant one night that is in the hotel. While the food was good, the portions were really small and meal was very expensive for what we got. My wife asked for a recommendation for a white wine to go with her fish, and the waitress recommend one. When the bill came, the glass of wine was $21! Did not think that was very good thing.

Overall though, we would definitely stay at the Edgewater again.

3 Thank Coolhandluke162
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Reviewed March 12, 2009

My friend got us a great deal on Priceline at the Edgewater. We were there for 4 nights this past weekend. I was a little concerned when I saw all of the mixed reviews but I must report back that my experience was completely positive. We got a room on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. We overlooked the parking lot AND the Space Needle (very cool). I thought the decor was lovely, both downstairs and in the room. The bathroom is very spa-like and everything was meticulously clean. We loved the flat screen tv and two comfy chairs in front of the fireplace. The fireplace doesn't have much warmth (maybe it is for show?) but our room was always very comfortable. The floor to ceiling glass windows in the bar and restaurant offer incredible views. Every single staff person was friendly and helpful to us. I can't speak about any other hotels in the area as this was my first time in Seattle, but I loved staying in a unique place rather than the typical cookie-cutter hotel room. The location is really fantastic too.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank GenericID
Victoria, BC
Reviewed March 10, 2009

We got a sweet deal on Priceline, but based on other Tripadvisor reviewers advice, we accepted a $50 upgrade when it was offered upon checkin. This got us a slightly quirky looking but very comfortable and attractive waterfront room.
One evening there was a wedding reception in an adjacent boardroom, which might as well have been in our room, given the extraordinary amount of noise. The staff were apologetic but there was little they could do. The worst noise came the following morning at 6am as the hotel staff made an incredible noise cleaning up the previous night's event.
On a positive note, every staff member we spoke to was unfailingly polite, from checkin to parking valets, and especially the wonderful breakfast waitress in the restuarant.
The only improvements I can think of, besides soundproofing the boardrooms, would be to add a self-park option, include internet and breakfast in the "upgrade" package, and include some bubble bath with the amenities (to make the most of the clawfoot tubs!)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple