The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ace Hotel(Seattle)
  • Breakfast included
Inn at El Gaucho(Seattle)
  • Breakfast included
Moore Hotel(Seattle)
  • Bar/Lounge
Thompson Seattle(Seattle)
Warwick Seattle(Seattle)
4,046 results
All reviewswaterfront roomwater viewbeatles suitegas fireplacetrain noiseclaw foot tubcruise shipcity viewteddy bearvictoria clipperspace needlepuget soundelliot baywater frontseattle waterfrontbeautiful hotelvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2008

My wife and I held our wedding at the Edgewater Hotel (Seattle) September of 2008 and were unpleasantly surprised when we got back from our honeymoon and found out that our final bill was almost 30% (over $4,600) higher than the final estimated we received just days prior to the wedding. When we met with our sales representative and her manager we were told that the original estimate was just that, an estimate. They then assured us, however, that our satisfaction is their priority; they’d review the final bill and see if we could “meet in the middle somewhere.” Our sales representative called us five days later to let us know that the best they could do was offer to reduce our final bill by roughly $1,600.
I will say that my wife and I can agree that the location, presentation, and catering made our wedding experience absolutely phenomenal. This was definitely the best day of our lives but we can not shake the horrible taste left in our mouths as a result of our final billing surprise.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank Wedding76
rsharp47, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2008

In response to the recent “Bait and Switch” review posted on TripAdvisor, we would like to post an alternate point of view.

When in the planning stages of group events we provide the event planner with a cost estimate of their ordered and approved specifications, including the food and beverage guarantees and the related costs based on the client’s desires and direction. In wedding planning, specifically, we can only estimate the cost of beverage usage based on industry norms for consumption, which is clearly stated in the contractual terms. The actual number of beverages actually consumed is precisely measured and then billed based on that measurement. Most often we find that the norms for the beverage estimate meet actual consumption, however, there are also times when the invited guests consume more or less than the estimate.

We understand the confusion and frustration that those responsible may feel at receiving a final billing greater than the pre-event estimate and more than they anticipated. We do not, however, bait and switch and have very clear procedures in place to insure what is billed to a customer is exactly what they contracted or consumed. We would be delighted to explain these procedures to anyone who may care to ask. Contact our sales and catering department for more information.

Reviewed October 5, 2008

The location and view of the harbor is great. The rooms are comfy with cute bear foot stools, stuffed bears on your bed and a nice fireplace. The linens and bathrooms are top notch. I had reservations at the Quality Inn by the Space Needle but then changed to the Edgewater after bidding on a 4 start hotel. If I had stayed at the Quality Inn, I would have had free internet, free breakfast and a free shuttle to pier 30 for my cruise the next day. The Edgewater had none of this. The Edgewater charged $10/person for a ride to the pier so the 3 of us took at cab for $15. I went to the bar with a $20 bill to get 2 glasses of wine, but couldn't find any on the menu that I could afford and still tip the bartender. I wish I had kept my reservation at the Quality Inn.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2008

This hotel has its good and bad points, but if you are looking for something a little unusual or quirky this could be for you.

I had this hotel booked for me by the company I was visiting and having read a number of reviews on this hotel which were pretty mixed I was concerned at what I would find.

The room: I had a deluxe 'city scape' view which was a resonable size and overlooked the entrance to the hotel. The room itself was clean the bed comfortable but for me personally the decor was not what you would expect in a city hotel. Although nothing wrong with it the slick modern bathroom did not match the log cabin and cuddly toy approach in the main room.

The restaurant: The restaurant (bar and lounge) overlook the water and when eating in the restaurant the view is a fabulous place to watch the ships and seals. The dinner menu itself I was not so impressed with. I ate once in the restaurant and struggled to work out what was being described (that could be down to me being English and not familiar with the terms) The food I did have was however very good but I didn't return as it is of a higher class of food and far to fancy to eat regularly. Breakfast has a good choice of foods with a good continental option - but be prepared to wait to be seated! The service is not as efficient as in the evening...

Room service: efficient, tasty food - my only complaint is that there is not anything light like a sandwich on the menu, 18% tip plus $2 charge is added for each order.

Hotel in general: I have encountered more friendly and efficient staff in other Seattle hotels - they are not bad but I felt at times I was an inconvenince to them. The general decor and facilities are good however the corridors upstairs are in desperate need of a revamp - the carpets are tired the mustard paintwork makes them look worse than perhaps they are. The woodwork is chipped and battered in places and so this is probably the worst area. The business 'suite' is a small cupboard in which you do not want to spend too much time - there is a gym which from what I could see was very busy but not used by myself.

Location: fabulously placed on the waterfront , however slightly out of town if you like walking - although they do offer a suttle bus to in to town. The cruise ships are right next door so you dont want a room overlooking that as all you see is the side of the cruise ship. The rail tracks do run close to the hotel but I had no trouble with the noise that some had reported - maybe just luck or that I am used to train noise.

Overview: I would not be unhappy to stay here again although would probably select other hotels in Seattle over this one. It is clean and comfortable and the waterfront views are definately its best feature.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2008

Lodge-like hotel. Cozy, comfortable rooms, right on the waterfront, with fireplace and balcony extending over the bay. A beautiful view of Elliott Bay and Olympic mountains. The lobby and all dining areas have a gorgeous view. Just go in the winter -- it's too warm to use the fireplace in Sept. The service in dining wasn't the best, but the scenery being enjoyed made up for it.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2008

I hosted a business meeting here for 3 days. Attendees and I were very impressed with the charm of the guestrooms: beautiful NorthWoods decor and gas fireplace was fabulous. Bathrooms are stunning, updated for contemporary look, with riverstone showers.

The service we received from the Sales/Catering staff was impeccable. They went above and beyond to meet our needs.

Our group visited the bar/lounge several times - service was slow at times, but nice atmosphere. We did not eat at the restaurant, but food from catering was the best catered hotel food I've ever experienced.

Hotel is in walking distance to the Fishmarket and Belltown. Great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business