“Surprises”

The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #40 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A beautiful hotel. I was surprised to learn that wifi was not free ($12). I was told by travel agent that parking was free, which is why I chose to pay more for this hotel. The cost of parking is $38 per night and was not told until already parked that this was so. So be aware that the true cost is $50 more than expected. I only needed a place to sleep, not all the luxuries afforded by the Edgewater. If you want ambience, this is the place for you. But be aware of the true price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Julia O,

I am sorry to read that you were mis-informed about parking. If you could share your travel agent information we can make sure that the pricing is correct in their system. We do have the signs posted out front on arrival, I apologize that we didn't communicate that better.. I look forward to hearing from you and making amends.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,887)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

On the water with gorgeous views. Quieter to stay there than in hotel in the busy city. You can see the Space Needle from one side and the water from the other. We were lucky to stay there a couple days after coming back into Seattle from an Alaskan Cruise. The room was very nice, but a little small, with a comfortable bed and a small fireplace, They do a nice job for the guests here. Wonderful shuttle service up to town and will pick you up when you call. Very accommodating Hotel. Would love to stay there again sometime.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear redirecting,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are very proud of our location on Puget Sound and of our team. We hope you consider staying with us again on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Located in the belltown area which was great and they play the "Beatles connection" for all its worth! Had two stays at the hotel in quick succession. First was for one night and stayed in a pretty small room with no WiFi (unless I wanted to pay for it which I didn't) and I probably could have shopped around for a better deal elsewhere. For the second stay I was upgraded free of charge to a more spacious room with free WiFi. The ground floor area is beautifully presented especially with the views of the water, including from the bar/restaurant which has a great happy hour! Marked this as average as I think its a bit pricey and annoying that for some rooms they ask for more to have use of the WiFi. One thing to note is that I got a phone call put through to my room purporting to be from reception and they needed my credit card details again - knew they had taken my details originally so refused to give details and went to reception. Was told that they were aware of previous phone calls and tried to filter them so be careful of these calls.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Asascore,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am upset to read that you recieved a call from a possible scam. I have reminded that staff of our policy that no calls are to be connected to guest rooms without verifying name. I can assure that this will not happen again with our staff. I was a bit confused about the wifi comments. We have an offer now that includes free wifi and are looking at changing our wifi charging in whole. I do hope you give us another opportunity.

Cheers!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had booked a room through a wedding group rate for one night. I recently had to change my reservation to two nights, and I guess the way the system is set up, it bumped me to a smaller room. I had had a City Deluxe Room, but was moved to a City Run of House (Lodge Room). It is a little over 100 feet smaller and it was set for the same rate. I sent an email to the reservations folks and they fixed it with just a few exchanges, and put me back into the City Deluxe Room (I am going to be traveling with my husband, and we will need to space.)

I really appreciate that that was all taken care of seamlessly. Such a rarity in the hotel industry lately. We've traveled for so many weddings in the last two years that every little gesture that makes us feel welcomed at a hotel really means the world. Good job! Looking forward to our stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear 6to82008,

I was delighted to read that we were able to take care of the room mix-up. We constantly strive to go 110%. We do have a great group of people working at the Edgewater who truly love being here. Have you already stayed with us? If not, let me know so I can look up your reservation to assure accuracy. Look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I was fortunate enough to be able to stay at the Edgewater over an absolute lovely weekend in Seattle. I was up on business and had a bit of an extended stay above and beyond my business. Thank you to Bill Lee and Univera and the Esgewater for treating me so well. The room was spotless and comfortable...a space you can settle into and feel like home. I rarely unpack and settle in like I did at the Edgewater. The bathroom was beautiful with a stone floor and shower--rustic but elegant. I are there 2 nights and 4 breakfasts and the food was very good. One of the great treats of the stay was eating on the deck overlooking the sound. That was a special experience as the view was stunning. Of course I was fortunate as the weather was crystal clear and 80 degrees during the days. I could not recommend the Edgewater more. Now there is one caveat I must add in...my stay was completely covered by Univera. The value for me was unbelievable but you will have to determine yourself if the price is worth all that I have written. I would believe it is as it was such a marvelous experience for me.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Bruce B,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We really love seeing phrases like : "feel like home", "rustic but elegant", "absolute lovely weekend". We couldn't have said it better. We truly value your business as do we appreciate all of our guests staying with us. Sitting out on the deck for any meal or drinks cannot be beat. Who says Seattle is gray and dreary! Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, right on the water with good views (if you get a room on that side of the building, which we did not). The staff is really attentive and helpful. The rooms are beautiful, with fireplaces, big bathrooms and comfy beds. However, it costs $50.00 a day to park in their lot, which is over the top in my opinion. I understand it is costly to park a car in Seattle, but that is ridiculous. Besides, since it is located right on the water, if you want to get anywhere you have to walk straight uphill. Not a problem for me, but if you have problems walking, you will be taking a cab almost everywhere you go. Based on the parking charges alone, I will not stay here again, but it is a really nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear gopher_fan,

We thank you for your comments. Parking is limited downtown but there are self-park options available nearby the hotel. I apologize that you were not informed of that. We also have a complimentary shuttle that will take you anywhere within a one mile radius of the hotel.

We were happy to see that you enjoyed the room and that our staff was attentive. We would love for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We won this trip on Priceline and were unhappy when we found out we had a city view room. $250 is a bit much for a city view. The hotel is wonderful and views from the lounge are awesome!! Rooms are nice not outstanding.(fireplace is nice) we stayed in may and the temp hit 80 degrees. It seemed like the ac units had trouble keeping up but since this is very warm for this area I guess consessions can be made. :-) overall nice stay just paid to much. Oh and
No PoOL?!?

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank angelon911

Dear angelon911,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. We love when we have to apologize for the wonderful weather and hope you didn't find it too uncomfortable. We are a downtown hotel and prices vary based on the season and the weekend vs weekday rates. Was very happy to read that you enjoyed the lounge and views. We hope you decide to stay with us again.