“Edgewater Literally”

The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #38 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is literally on the water. You can fish from your balcony, and a cruise ship tied to the hotel for a brief time. Its right on Puget Sound. Since you are right on pier 67 you can walk to enough to keep you busy for weeks. The space needle is minutes away. I remember walking to the piers where all of the restaurants are, aquarium, and OMG the oysters. There is a spot that has happy hour oysters starting at 3pm for .25 cents and the price goes up .25 cents per hour all day. Try eating those with a tally glass of Alaska Red. BAM.

Room Tip: Water with balcony
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear _77TravelingMan77_,

Your title says it all. We are very proud to be the only hotel on the water. The views of Puget Sound, Giant Ferris Wheel, Olympic mountain range and ferries and ships can't be beat. We are within walking distance of most attractions, wonderful restaurants and Pike Market. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,972)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We came to Seattle for a conference and had booked a room online. I had misread the confirmation when I booked the room and actually made the reservation for April instead of March. Yikes! When we checked in, the front desk manager was amazing and not only got us a room with a beautiful view of the sounds but also was nice enough to quote us the same rate that we had bought the room online for, instead of the rate if we would have booked the room right then. It was one of those gesture that just makes you feel that the people working here really care about you and their guest. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear EbonyMEx,

I was so thrilled to see that the staff was able to meet your expecations. We truly have a great team here that love The Edgewater Hotel and their jobs. Thank you so much for sharing your comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Edgewater is a bit of Pacific Northwest style in an area of modern hotels. An operational fireplace at the driveway entrance throws off light onto the rough hewn logs that make up the exterior decor of the hotel/lodge. Inside = log cabin feel. The hotel sits right on the water which makes for an incredible view from the lobby. Rooms with this view cost extra. Non-view rooms face the railroad tracks that run past the hotel. No worries though, the trains never blew their horn as they went by (infrequently) and the windows are well-insulated so the overall noise was acceptable.

The decor of the room is log cabin/lodge as well. A teddy bear sits on your bed to welcome you, a gas fireplace sits in the corner (flanked by 2 arm chairs) and a slate floor bathroom with a walk-in stall (no door) and 2 vessel sinks complete the package. The (smallish) TV is enclosed in an Armouir. I noticed cracks in the ceiling - settling perhaps? It was repaired at one time but the cracks reappeared. The windows slide open all the way which surprised me (it was too hot in my room so I opened the windows to let in cold air). I could have easily stepped out of them (the sills are low) from my 3rd floor room so those with curious children should mind this.

Service was very good, everyone was responsive, polite, and accommodating.

I was happy with the hotel and would return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BlueSpinnaker
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear BlueSpinnaker,

Wow, thank you so much for your detailed description of our hotel and your stay. We couldn't have said it better. Location is something we are very proud of and being the only hotel on the water has it's definite benefits. Views are amazing. If you wouldn't mind letting me know your room number so we can fix the ceiling, it would be appreciated. We love that the trains that run downtown, it is a part of Seattle's rich history. We have fought hard to ban the train horns in the city and have been successful most of the time.

So happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to your next trip.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the Edgewater in March 2013. Stayed on the 4th floor partial water front suite and it was amazing!. For me having our own balcony and fireplace with a view of the water was a great combination!. Our room was close to the front of the hotel and we did on occasion hear the trains passing at night. It was not a bother for me since I live in NYC and deal with the subway noise all the time but i can see how it may be a bother. If you can, get a water view room to the end of the building!

We had complementary breakfast and dinner at the hotel with the package we booked. The food was the only inconsistent thing I can really say about the restaurant, the service staff was great, very friendly and attentive the breakfast was great but the dinner on the other hand was not the best. I had the lamb one night and the side spinach and cod the other night. The lamb and spinach had WAY too much salt on it. I don't mean a little salt, I mean the meal was uneatable with the amount of salt it was prepared with. I hope this was not reflective of the restaurant on a whole and I just happen to be there the night the trainee chef was in charge. Other than the dinner, I cant really say anything negative about the hotel. Great location, great staff and a wonderful room. Couldn't ask for more!

Room Tip: If you cant get the water view rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Homesh1979,

We are so delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your food was too salty. I have shared your comments with the chef. Please accept my apologies.

Please feel free to contact me about your dinner so I can make it right. We do not want our guests to leave with a bad taste in their mouths.

I look forward to talking to you.

Troy Byingotn
Director of Oerations
206-269-4589

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recently stayed at the Edgewater just this past weekend with friends of mine from college. It was a pleasant experience and I have to say I would probably stay there again. I think a big factor in the appeal of the hotel is its location with easy sidewalk access to the Aquarium, Miner's Landing and the Great Wheel as well as the Public Market. Second, I think the price point is comfortable for what you get. A couple things I noticed while there...1. Some areas need a fresh coat of paint - door jambs and bathroom walls in particular 2. The lounge at the hotel does not stay open very late and forces you outside of the hotel if you want a nightcap 3. The beds are a little narrow, more of a double than a standard queen

Room Tip: Rooms with a water view are also farther away from the sounds of the train tracks across the street...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear AnniJ420,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We do have some great deals on guest rooms. Not sure what room you had but we have rooms with two double beds or rooms with either queen or king size beds. We are in the process of renovating the guest rooms so you will see the improvements on your next visit we hope.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here for two nights with my mom. Upon check-in, everyone was so pleasant. We were greeted instantly by valet, then by another host, and finally welcomed warmly by a woman working the front desk. We checked into our room, which I have to say was uninspiring. It overlooked the parking lot/valet area. We were only on the 2nd floor, so people were easily able to see into our room from the right angle. We were surprised that there was no liner behind the curtains in the room, It was either you had the curtains open or you didn't. Felt that was a bit weird. We ate a delicious breakfast on the last day of our trip, and enjoyed dessert and cocktails throughout our trip as well. All the staff were amazing. Even the women in the giftshop located on the first floor. Having that shop was a nice touch, my mom and I frequented it, and she bought a lovely scarf that was on sale.

On the second night, however, we realized that our pilot light was not lit on our fireplace, which is the only heating source for the room. We called the front desk around 11pm and waiting for 30 minutes. Maintenance never came, We called back down to the front desk and the gentleman had forgotten to call. He apologized, but in the mean time we were sitting in a 52 degree room with no heat. This was really disappointing. They were unable to switch our room, even though the fireplace turned out to be broken. YIKES! not happy.

Overall, make sure you get a room overlooking the water, and be sure EVERYTHING in the room works.

Also, the bathroom situation is interesting. The only full-length mirror (or any mirror) is located in the bathroom, along with the closet to store your items. Never have I seen that before!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelGoddess86

Dear TravelGoddess86,

I am sos orry to hear that the fireplace in your room was not functioning properly. That is unacceptable. I would love to make things right with you due to the situation.

I was very happy to read that the staff took good care of you and your mother during the trip. We have a great team that love the Edgewater and love what they do. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. It is feels like a northwest lodge and sits right over the water. The valet service was quick and efficient (although you don't really have a choice to self park and it's kind of expensive). I think all the rooms have fireplaces which was very nice after being out in the cold. If you want to visit Pikes Place, this hotel is a few blocks away and and a couple of blocks downhill from the market. The hills in Seattle are really steep but a couple of blocks away from this hotel there is an elevator which will take you just about up to the street Pikes is on.
One bit of caution I have to say about this hotel is that if you have small children, or maybe even unstable adults, The windows open wide and they are pretty low so there is not much to keep you from falling out if they're open.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Graceracer,

We are very proud of our "lodgy" yet contemporary design. We are just finishing up a room renovation that ties beautifully into the rest of the hotel. Every room has a fireplace to add to the special ambiance. We are thrilled that you had an enjoyabe stay. We look forward to your next visit.