“Edgewater... the best romance in Seattle”

The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #38 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The view was amazing, the food was amazing, and the company was amazing. Took wife for a weekend getaway... and all was perfect. Clawfoot tub with a view and a fireplace. Only minor annoyance was a toilet that seemed to run in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: Worth the price if you get a water view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear DucatiPearl,

"amazing" "perfect", we love seeing those words to describe your stay. I apologize for the toilet running. If you let me know which room, I can make sure it is corrected.

Thank you so much for making us your romantic hotel here is Seattle.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,935)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I would definitely come back to this hotel.

Stayed at the Edgewater for a business meeting last week. Had a water view room on 2nd floor. Accommodations were great, staff very friendly and food provided for breakfasts and lunches was quite good. Check in/check out very smooth, efficient.

Room Tip: Absolutely worth upgrading to a water side room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear KAL60,

So when are you coming back? We were very happy to read your comments and share your experience. We have a great team here that truly love what they do and it shows. We look forward to your return,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed there in June, 2012 for 2 nights. We liked the designs and decorations, comfortable with fireplace in our room, romantic view near the water but it also comes with smell. I would describe it smelled like fresh fish. I don't know maybe it's only me have a sensitive sense of smell but my husband smelled it too. This year we're coming back to Seatle again but we decided to choose some place else to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Pearla L,

Thank you for staying with us last year. We have renovated the rooms and enhanced the experience. I was happy to hear that at least the fish smelled fresh :-). This is the first time I have seen that comment. I am sorry that you are not staying with us this year. We do hope you have a wonderful trip.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My stay was short lived as it was only one night. I'd always wanted to stay here so I was excited. When I arrived, The front desk staff was warm and friendly as was Valet ( which was pricey especially after they added in tax on valet ) . Our room was a city view room with a view of the space needle and I was hoping for a waterview but this wasn't the hotel's fault as I didn't book my room thru them. The room was nice and clean and newly remodeled. I loved the bed and the bathroom was really nice. We also ordered room service and the food was good but they add in gratuiuty and a deliver fee which I didn't like.I would love to return but with a view of water this time. I recommend this hotel

Room Tip: The Edgewater is known for it's breathtaking view of the water, when booking, if this is what yo...
1  Thank Sunni L

Dear Sunni L,

Thank you for sharing your comments and picture. We would love to welcome you back. Let us know when you book and we will make sure you are well taken care of.

Context: A 4-day getway over the Memorial Day Holiday
Positives: Excellent location on the Seattle Waterfront, Beautiful Views of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. The Beatles stayed here!
Negatives: The front desk staff will tell you that the cruise ships that arrive each morning are quiet. This is true, but what they don't tell you is that the equipment loading the cruise ships are extremely noisy. So if you are a light sleeper, go to bed early because you will be awakened by "beep beep beep" etc. around 6:00 a.m. during cruise ship season
Getting out of the parking lot at cruise ship arrival time is tricky because there will be a line of taxis waiting to pick up departing cruise ship passengers that may block the road.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scott29inSeattle

RobertG29,

Thank you for sharing. SInce your stay last year, we have done some renovations, including soundproofing the rooms. We are directly on the water and next to crusie ships. Many of our guests love to wake up in the morning and see the cruise ship that docked without any noise.

As I have mentioned in other reviews, we have the best location in Seattle for wonderful views of the Olympic mountain range and Puget Sound. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Edgewater has a fantastic view of the water both from the rooms and the restaurant, which is top notch for breakfast (didn't try it for dinner). Just a short walk to Pike's Market - about a mile. The staff was very helpful too, both the front desk and cleaning. Great night life at the bar, which makes a tasty latte as well as regular bar drinks. Also loved the fireplace in the room.
I do wish it had been a bit shorter of a walk into the hub of things. It was too close to drive, but a little too far for a comfortable walk back in the evening. The only other down side was that they charged for internet, which seemed chincy, but I suppose they made up for it because the room rate itself was pretty good considering the amenities.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the water view. There were rooms on the driveway side that you could see into whe...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mk1010

Dear mk1010,

Two words say it all. Incredible and view. We are very proud of our location and being the only hotel on the water. You had mentioned the walk, we do have a complimentary shuttle that runs every hour to nearby attractions. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant. We hope you return soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was looking for a nice evening out of town to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Before booking I did do some online research and chose the Edgewater for it's unique location and the history it has in Seattle. There were other less expensive options available at other nice hotels inte area. Check-in was efficient and the valet was nice although expensive, we were offered bellman service upon entering, which we declined. The room was nice, it did have a fireplace which I never really figured out - it just kind of operated on its own. Mostly it was in pilot light mode and periodically the flames would appear which was OK I guess. The bathroomwas nice, good size, claw footed tub, and a large shower. The two shower heads, an adjustable fixed position and a hand held one were up high, which I liked since I'm over 6'2', I did wonder how someone of slightly below average height would reach either of them. The bed was comfortable, my wife liked it, it was a bit to soft for me so I woke up with some back stiffness - nothing to bad. The View - that's why you pay the extra money for the waterside "full" view; it was spectacular even on a mostly cloudy day. Seagulls sailing, ferrys making their rounds, and an occasional glimse of the Olympic Mountians. We had cocktails in the lounge before going to dinner. The service was decent, not great. The bar was busy filled mostly with area office workers after work, the attire was everything from Jeans with a T-shirt to Suits and evening ware - typical Seattle crowd. Pay attention to you bill, I knew it would be expensive but we were over charged for our drinks. I brought it to our servers attention, which she did fix, blamed the "system" and said shed talk to the manager. When we returned from dinner, we thought about going back into the lounge, they did have live music with no cover. Maybe another night it would have been good but that night it was too loud for any type of conversation, We chose to go back to our room to look at the night lights over the water. Unfortunately we weren't able to get any room service, we wanted a bottle of champagne to toast our anniversary, it closes at 10:00 and they don't make any exceptions - at least the night we were there. We tried to get conected to the lounge, since the music was so loud no one answered. After a couple of attempts and no help from the front desk we had to go downstairs into the lounge to order our beverage. My wife did complain out the situation to the Bar Manager and he did step up and fix the problem. To bad the front desk personal have lost the importance of customer service. Check out is at noon, we will be having breakfast in the restaurant - looking forward to it. Would I come back? In this day and age of a down turned economy - service is what help to set you apart from your compitition. The service was for the most part just OK, with the one exception of the Bar Managers help. If I could get the same room on a deal I would probably come back. Would I pay full price again - no - I'd spend my hard earned money to experience somewhere else.

Room Tip: The full view waterside rooms are unique
2  Thank M L

Dear M L,

I want to first and foremost apologize for the lack of service you recieved from the front desk. We appreciate your comments as it allows us to correct, re-train and improve. We would love for you to give us another try. I was happy to read that the Bar Manager was able to step up and fix the problem. Please contact me directly if you plan on returning to Seattle.