“Paper thin walls and $35 to park!”

The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #39 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Seattle, Washington
“Paper thin walls and $35 to park!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I got a relatively good price for the city-view room I stayed in, but after I paid $35 for parking for one night and then $10 for internet for 24 hours, I realized how they make their money here. Their bar food and drink were also ridiculously expensive.

The rooms were nice (although they have old school, non-high def tv's with only a handful of channels). The walls were paper thin. The train in front of the hotel is loud, but it was the sounds in the hallway and upstairs that kept me up at night. I could hear my upstairs neighbor using the bathroom.

Room Tip: I would stay on the top floor to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear explore30,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We have a great Happy Hour at the bar where the prices are a great deal. We are in the process of upgrading our TV's for HD. I am sorry to read that your stay was less than desirable.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,458)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My friends and I stayed here last weekend celebrating a 70th birthday milestone. First impressions are good because of the location right on the waterfront and unique Northwest Woods style of the lobby. Here are the reasons why I wouldn't recommend or go back: Parking and space is limited as this is on one of the piers at the waterfront. Valet parking is $36 plus tax. An absurd amount with few options given as alternative. Our City View side family room was spacious but lacking some of the amenities one expects for the room rate paid. For instance, only one set of ear plugs (needed because of the trains that run just across the street), only one bathrobe provided and a coffee maker that was near impossible to use with only non-dairy creamer offered. These seem like trivialities (even to me) but when considering the extremely expensive room rate I expect exceptional service combined with an abundance of 'like home' amenities! Because of the coffee maker fiasco we headed to the lobby where we hoped there would be complimentary coffee for patrons (this is Seattle - coffee capital after all) but there was nothing. The worst part of our experience was the 'college dorm' like atmosphere on our floor that evening. We returned to our room at midnight and there were several teenagers and people walking/running/chatting/partying in the hallway. Some guy was delivering pizza to the room across from ours which was apparently hosting a party. Since we were not going to get any sleep anytime soon we headed to the lobby bar. At 12:30 the bartenders were calling 'last call' despite a completely full bar of patrons. Basically for the price of a room (even the city-side ones) I was not impressed at all. Next time my friends and I will splurge on a room somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you absolutely have to stay here, definitely splurge and get the water view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CassidyBoBo
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear CassidyBoBo,

Your comments allow us to focus on the areas you pointed out we could improve upon. We certainly appreciate these comments and thank you for taking the time to post this review. Please feel free to contact me directly so we my discuss your comments.

Vancouver
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Came down for the football game..... Our room (3rd floor city view) was very large ; loved having a fireplace to come back to after wandering in the rain. No noise issues to report - everything worked well. Wonderful beer selection in the bar (microbrews as opposed to commercial sludge) I wish Seattle had more waterfront access - but a good time was had by all

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Doug M,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit here at the Edgewater Hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We booked in unaware that rooms on the city side enjoy the frequent freight trains, some very long passing 24/7 in conjunction with a controlled intersection and the cacophony emitted by the bells. The hotel did provide ear plugs (one set), not sure if we had to share or take turns. The bed albeit advertised as a queen, was no larger than a comparable Australian double bed and after the first night with no sleep, we managed to get upgraded. In addition to what was already an expensive hotel, they wanted an extra USD$40 per night plus tax. Then unfortunately we had a hire car which cost USD $36 per night plus tax

Room Tip: Rooms on ocean side are much quieter and there is a car park across the road.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JimB22

We appreciate your comments and sorry to learn that the trains bothered you. They are very much part of the wonderful experience of Seattle's waterfront and very important part at that.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had a friends weekend in Seattle. We decided to stay at the Edgewater. It boasts some amazing views. When we checked in we upgraded our room to water view. It was stunning. I will say the room was so small. We needed a "double room" I have never had a hotel room with 2 single beds. The room was not as clean as we were expecting. There was lots of dust and hair on the counter and the carpets needed some attention.

The toiletries provided were awesome.

We had drinks in the lounge the night before, the music was too loud and not very good so we went to another venue.

We had breakfast in the morning at sunrise and it may have been the nicest breakfast ever, great service, yummy food that was well priced and the view blew my mind.

I would recommend this place for the million dollar view. The room was not the nicest I've stayed in Seattle.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the water view. Otherwise you will have a view of the $34.00 valet parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear CalgaryStacks,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent visit to Seattle. I was a bit surprised to see your comments about "single" beds. We do not have any rooms with single size beds. The rooms with two beds are full or double size. I will follow up with housekeeping regarding the cleanliness of your room.

We are very proud of our views, being that we are the only waterfront hotel in Seattle. If future plans bring you back to the Emerald City, please feel free to contact me directly so that I can assist with your plans.

Director of Operations.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed early Octoer 2012
I won a room at the Edgewater on Priceline and upgraded to a Waterfront Premium room from the standard Waterside. For the cost, it was a great value. Our view from the room wasn't the best as it faced the pier next door but was still great. The decor is neat and has a lodge feel that you might find at a hotel in Banff. Our room had the clawfoot tub which was unique. Our six month old enjoyed it the most! We were also provided free wifi which I expected to pay for.

Easy walking distance to Space Needle area, Pike Place and downtown although it's all uphill. The SkyBridge in the conference center/pier next door helps a lot. There is a shuttle service to most downtown attractions available that runs every hour. They won't pick you up after a sporting event though, which we learnt the hard way.

The restaurant is excellent with an amazing view.

(rated "value" a 3 based on full-price rooms. A little pricey)

Room Tip: ANything close to the lobby probably has a better view of the bay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Spitfire411
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Spitfire411,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately, because of the traffice near the stadiums, we can't get back in after the sporting events. We should have mentioned that before you had to find out the hard way. We appreciate your comments and thank you for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to your return visit.

Jefferson, Oregon
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a GREAT stay at The Edgewater Hotel! We had a city view and it was beautiful! The bathroom felt luxurious. The beds were comfy. Every staff member we came across was very friendly. Wonderful experience...would DEFINITELY go back!

Room Tip: For our budget, the city-side room was the best fit. But it was fantastic. Also, we loved the suit...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shoelovingirl
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear shoelovingirl,

So happy to hear that you felt spoiled. Our city views are a great value and many of the rooms have a direct view of the Space Needle. Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. We can't wait to spoil you again soon.

Director of Operation