“Wow!”

Ranked #41 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
San Francisco, CA
“Wow!”
Reviewed September 25, 2007

This is an incredible hotel! The rooms were fantastic, especially the bathrooms and the fireplaces! It was the perfect combination of rustic hunting lodge and modern 4-star hotel. My stay was short, but very enjoyable.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank SFJOSH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,430)
omaha
Reviewed September 9, 2007

I had recently lost my father so I wanted to book a special weekend for my mom and I to get away. I saw the "Girls on the Edge" package available at the Edgewater Hotel website. I even called the night before to confirm the package. Upon checking in we had to remind them of the package and they told us it would be sent up. After returning from Pikes Market, there was no package waiting for us. So we had to call again. The package consisted of magazines, manicure set, cocktails and a couple of movies and breakfast the following day. When they delivered the basket to our room, half was missing and an old subscription of magazines was delivered. Well we settled for going out to dinner and then return to our girls night in to relaxe with a couple of movies. When we tried to get transportation from the space needle restaurant, that we were told was available to guests to get around downtown, we were given the run around and told a taxi would be easier and not told the would pay for it. So we walked back and looked forward to relaxing to a good movie, but every single movie selection was "sold out". I called down to the desk and the lame excuse I recieved was everyone must be in there room with the same idea, I said this was part of our package, she said she would take it off the bill. The next morning they slipped our bill under the door. The movie was not taken off and it was 250.00 more than I booked it online. I had to negotiate to get it down to 60.00 more than I had booked it for with a terrible disappointment at a very sad time in our lives. I do not reccomend this hotel unless you want to get ripped off!!!!!

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank carristrvl
Oregon
Reviewed September 6, 2007

We stayed here for four day over the Christmas holiday last year. It was a great experience for us. I don't understand why people complain about the $450 price tag when there are rooms for $250 that are great. Loved the staff...very helpful. It is a beautiful hotel, the lobby is amazing! It's a great place to snuggle up by the fire and drink the complementary apple cider or play one of the many board games they offer. Check out our pictures...

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
Reviewed August 30, 2007

Our non smoking room had a strong cigarette smoke smell off and on our whole stay. It was terrible unless you like cigarettes.

People with kids need to be very careful. The windows over looking the water open and do not have anything to stop a child from falling out.

Not worth the cost of the room.

Stayed August 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed August 26, 2007

We stayed at the Edgewater after moving from the Westin (during peak season). My husband had a business meeting in Seattle at the Edgewater and we went out there early with our 1 year-old for a weekend getaway. Since we did not want to pay the $450 a night price-tag the entire time we were there we stayed at the Westin ($250) until his meetings. The Edgewater was more of a walk to many sites than the Westin although it was right on the water. There was also a pot festival going on at a nearby park which brought many undesirables around the hotel so walking places was a pain (and we are generally pretty liberal about such things.) The Edgewater was nicely decorated, clean and remodeled with a very cool, modern bathroom and kind of a lodge feeling decor in the room. The rooms were just too small though compared to newer hotels. The beds were older and not very comfortable. My husband outweighs me by about 50 lbs and it was like sleeping on a hill being in bed with him. The worst thing though was the air conditioner/heater. It was so loud every time it kicked on that I woke up (about every 10-20 mins) and I am a heavy sleeper! It was horrible and it blew very strongly right on the bed. Another sign of the age of the hotel I assume. Also, the hotel makes the appearance of being family friendly, a teddy bear on the bed and a cute furry pig ottoman beneath the arm chair, but really the whole hotel is just not very toddler friendly. This only matters of course to those who have little ones. They dropped off a crib which we had to set-up ourselves and it had dirty sheets that were fit for a full-sized bed. There is an electric fireplace in the middle of the room which is nice but it is hot to the touch. The shower has no door so the kiddo can just crawl in and out and no tub. The bathroom has glass shelves for towels and such but they are under the sink - low to the floor. There is also a tray that the coffee maker sits on in the room- not sturdy. Just kind of a recipe for disaster around each corner. Overall I would not recommend this hotel. I know it is supposed to be the pretentious place to stay in Seattle, but it’s definitely no Ritz Carlton.

• Liked — The waterfront views and decor
  • Disliked — the beds and the very loud air conditioner/heater
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Samejesse
Seattle
Reviewed August 23, 2007

I've lived in Seattle for some time and have always overlooked the Edge because it's been there forever and it's so old. But my boyfriend and I decided to have an in-city getaway one weekend and booked at the Edge because the weather was fabulous and we wanted to be by the water. I'm SO glad we did! The whole place is remodeled inside and very Northwest-ey and cool-looking. Our room had a private balcony with truly amazing--and super private--views of the water, the mountains--the works! We sat out on our deck during the day, drinking wine and waving at boaters and pretending we lived on waterfront property in Seattle (ha-ha). The other big surprise was the restaurant downstairs. The food was excellent, the service was 5-star and the views were fantastic. I want to go back and sit out on the deck for brunch or happy hour one of these days! It was an expensive weekend but cheaper than buying a waterfront house in this town (like that's ever going to happen!) We had such a romantic time.... Also, the service throughout this hotel was really, really great. No Seattle attitude in sight!

• Liked — the service; the views
  • Disliked — if you don't like the smell of lake water (fishy) you won't like the waterfront rooms of the Edge
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeattleFrances
finewineexpertskier
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I stayed at the Edgewater during my first stay in Seattle. At over $500/night I was expecting a water front room. Well, I got the water front, but there is a giant and very noisy barge that is currently oocuyiong the space in front of the water front rooms. If you book at this hotel, please call them first and ask whether or not the barge is there. They must be drudging or something... the noise was all day 7am to 6pm. I was able to negotiate 50% off my rate, which was great...but the whole experience was very strange. The restaurant is great...literally overhangs the waters edge with a great view of Tacoma.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank finewineexpertskier