“Beware Free Parking Promo”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed February 6, 2011

This is a good mid-range hotel in downtown Seattle. Modern furnishings in clean rooms are a plus. Andra promotes "free valet parking" when booking best available rate thru internet or direct with hotel. Upon check-in I was advised that parking would be +$39.00 since I booked "early rate" rather than best available. I thought the early booking rate was the best available. Apparently not so. Best available rate is actually $41.00 more than early booking. Sounds like the old doublespeak "up 10%, down 10%" flim-flam sales promo. I was totally confused and told check-in agent that this web site is misleading. The desk agent did the right thing however and agreed not to charge us the $39. We would not have taken our car if this was relatively clear. Hopefully Andra will "correct" this so others do not fall into the dilemna we had. Other than that incident, I would definetely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded February 8, 2011

Dear Hadlock,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Hotel Andra. I was glad that the staff corrected the confusion surrounding your reservation. We offer many promotions and packages that offer a variety of services and amenities. Our hope is to design packages and promotions that allow our guests to create to the experiences they are most excited about. These may include free parking, a fantastic dinner at Lola restaurant or Assagio Restaurant, a romantic evening in our beautiful Monarch Suite, or an amazing discount on the room rate. We truly want our guests to be treated to the most amazing experiences and we believe our promotions begin that journey.

Jonathan Bartlett

Write a ReviewReviews (2,095)

Reviewed January 31, 2011

We just spent the most fantastic weekend at the Hotel Andra in downtown Seattle. We travel relatively frequently and Seattle always makes for a great romantic get-away weekend, which typically includes shopping, dining and clubbing. We've stayed in a variety of hotels in Seattle (often selected by Hotwire or Priceline because you can get some great deals using both) and while most of them have been "nice," none of them have ever just blown us out. As I wanted this weekend to be extra-special, I decided to do research and book directly thru the hotel. My final selection was a suite the Hotel Andra.

Wow! What a fantastic find. From the staff, to the decor, to the room size, it was perfection in every way. It was a front corner suite with loads of light and great views of the active neighborhood. We were not bothered by street noise, as a number of people had reported. About the only bad thing I could find was an area of common complaint in other reviews: The bathroom is small and poorly lit. We brought a floor lamp in from the living room for extra light. This is not saying that it wasn't stylish - it was quite stylish. it was also small and dark. There's not much they can do about the size (old building) but some additional light would be nice.

The service was exceptional and anything we wanted or needed was taken care of perfectly. When Lola, one of two restaurants in the hotel, was packed, we called downstairs and had a table waiting in short order. Lola was the other great find of the weekend, by the way. What a great restaurant. We had both dinner and breakfast there and both were REALLY good.

Back to the hotel. We arrived at 4pm intending to relax, go out to dinner and then head out to some clubs for the night. We didn't leave the hotel until 2pm the following afternoon. Between the fantastic suite, the great bar and two top restaurants, there was no reason to leave the building!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2011

A hip hotel, ideally situated, with good energy and containing a great restaurant, Lola.
The staff are exceptional and the rooms are tastefully appointed. However, the mattresses on the bed are third-rate...odd given the attention to detail in the rest of the property. Not a good night's sleep, which is unfortunate given the hotel's other fine qualities. Time for a mattress change!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded January 26, 2011

Dear fastasflight,

Thank you for your posting the review about your recent visit to the Hotel Andra. We do have an exceptional staff and Lola is truly one of the best restaurants in Seattle. I am so glad you experienced the very best of what we have to offer. I would love to know the room you stayed in during your stay so we can check the mattress. We normally have very positive feedback about our highly comfortable mattresses so it concerns me that yours was not as comfortable as you had hoped. Please feel free to email me at jbartlett@hotelandra.com. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

I stayed in the hotel for 4 days during January and had a good experience.
Flexibility - I ordered a room for 5 nights and had to cancel the first night on short notice and they did that without a problem.
Location - the location is Ideal for Seattle. It is right in the middle of everything, 5 minutes walk from pike place market and very close to all means of public transport. getting there from the Airport is very easy - just 3 minutes walk from the westlake station of the link light rail (2.5$ for the entire 40 minutes journey - just a waste to take a cab). It's true that like every big city there are quite a bit of homeless around but I guess that is true for all of downtown Seattle, and in my opinion it is actually worse around pioneer square a few blocks to the south. Lola restaurant, one of Tom Douglas's (the local celebrity chef) restaurant is at the hotel and Dhalia lounge, bakery and serious pie, three of his other restaurants and bakeries are across the street, so you will never go hungry even if you don't want to leave your room.
Staff - I only had contact with them during check in and out which were fast and efficient. the bell boys/valet always smiled at you and were always very polite.
room - the room was spacious, nice, and had all the amenities you would expect to find at such a hotel. the only annoying thing is you had to pay for the WI-FI access. the exercise room was small but sufficient.
The decor of the hotel is very Nordic and the lobby is very inviting.
I also had quite a good deal reserving a long time ahead but generally speaking it's not a cheap hotel. All in all a very nice, central good hotel. I would consider staying there again in my next visit to Seattle.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We loved this hotel. It is centrally located in downtown Seattle and close to wonderful restaurants and attractions. Our room was spacious, comfortable, quiet and very state of the art. The hotel staff were very friendly. Room service as always was very pricey.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel through many of its incarnations starting with the time when it was the Hotel Claremont. It has changed/grown into one of the premier hotels in Seattle. It is in one of my favorite areas of Seattle, Belltown, and right across the street from the Dahlia Lounge. And it now includes another Tom Douglas restaurant on the first floor of the hotel itself---an especially a great spot for breakfast. The rooms are well appointed with most of your needs anticipated; however , the staff will try and help you secure what extras you feel you need. I anticipate my Seattle trips because of this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Management response:Responded January 12, 2011

Dear badEXPEDIA,

Wow, thank you for such a fantastic review of our hotel. I am so please that we continue to make your visits to Seattle so amazing. Traveling can be difficult enough so knowing you have a home away from home is a comforting feeling. I was also glad to learn we helped you with your reservation through Expedia.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 23, 2010

Room: Suite
Staying: Spouse w/ 3 year old

Hotel Andra was a perfect stay for our downtown holiday shopping trip. It is two blocks away from Westlake Center and Macy's.

The suite was great. The excellent view, room decor, furniture and amenities met our expectations. The service exceeded expectations, and are the reason we will definitely stay at the hotel again in the future. The evening room service was great: Upon our return from a night out, the room was serviced with adjusted lighting, soft music playing and the bed readied. Nice touch.

It is refreshing to stay at a lifestyle hotel that is unique in character while retaining superior room decor, amenities and service.

The complimentary NY Times was appreciated. I would have liked free wi-fi access in the suite. There is free wi-fi in the lobby, but the tethered internet connection was $10/night. No thanks.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Management response:Responded December 31, 2010

Dear BIG_neutrino,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. I am glad you enjoyed so many of the wonderful amenities we offer our guests. I also appreciate your feedback about the cost of the wireless service. Your comments will help us continue to treat our guests to amazing experiences and truly outstanding service and amenities.

Best Wishes,